Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous girls, can't have low self esteem? *cough* Strippers, *cough* Models, *cough*

Folks in high power occupations at a young age, can't have low self esteem? *cough* Judy Garland, *cough* Every child actor in human history (ok, that one's an exaggeration.)

But, in all fairness, c'mon it's been a while since I've seen the films, and George Lucas, isn't exactly known for his delving into the psyche of his characters, examing their motivations, etc. I may be wrong, as I said it's been a while since I saw the movies, but weren't there a few scenes where Padame was almost pathetically eager to throw her life away "for the greater good" and a few tearful "I don't think I can cope, I'm glad you're here to support me" scenes with Annakin...

If you want pure cinematic evidence I can't give it to you, but reading between the lines...

Throw her life away. Tell me one instance where she was about to throw her life away that didn't benefit her. She had to go back to Naboo because if she saved her people she would be in power again. Anakin wanted to go to Tatooine she had to follow Anakin or she might get killed by assassins. I can't even think of any instances in ROTS.

What was wrong with my reasoning? You clearly do not understand women. I suppose you wouldnt be asking this question if you did... Maybe youd be less anal about meaningless things if you had a GF...

nah no GF for him he already said

I'm more of an Obi-Wan kinda guy

Edited by Liquidacid

Yup, it feels weird. I'm not saying it isn't an unfair social taboo, but it definitley exists, and most girls will tell you it feels weird, not that it would stop them if they worked to get over it with reason and logic, but it would feel weird to begin with, and social reaction would be that it's weird.

I guess I am just weird then, because i tend to hit on older women, or at least flirt with them more than younger ones. Females my age and younger just tend to be more psychotic, at least the ones I've known, and i don't have the temperament to deal with that bulls**t

If you saw my last post he just completely ignored the quote and went on ranting about how HE didn't say anything I was talking about. Lol.

I honestly think he was bored and is trolling, or hes totally irrational. In which case no matter what anyone says he has his opinion, which is law apparently law, and he will not bend.

I guess I am just weird then, because i tend to hit on older women, or at least flirt with them more than younger ones. Females my age and younger just tend to be more psychotic, at least the ones I've known, and i don't have the temperament to deal with that bulls**t

well cougars are fun as hell....

but then again so are highschool cheerleaders...

If you saw my last post he just completely ignored the quote and went on ranting about how HE didn't say anything I was talking about. Lol.

Yeah he did. His counter to every argument is, you don't know anything about girls do you. That seems to be his every argument. And we have all given him dozens of reasons and he just says that he doesn't get why he is wrong.

Just ted seriously if your going to ask a question, expect logical answers.

trolling aside, i think the love aspect of star wars was always meant to be "there" but not important. What messed up the movie was putting too much importance on it and spending long scenes of them running around in fields when people just want to see people face melt each other with light sabers.

Sorry guys but im with team Ted

BUT i still enjoyed the movies for what they were.

Yeah he did. His counter to every argument is, you don't know anything about girls do you. That seems to be his every argument. And we have all given him dozens of reasons and he just says that he doesn't get why he is wrong.

Just ted seriously if your going to ask a question, expect logical answers.

I rarely meet people who dislike the prequels to be rational. Some are though.

No, don't link me to Redlettermedia please.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

i like the younger ones better. But your right it is a unfair social taboo that doesn't make sense for existing. Its only taboo because people are still thinking to the 1500s when 46 year old men commonly slept with 11 year olds.

i like the younger ones better. But your right it is a unfair social taboo that doesn't make sense for existing. Its only taboo because people are still thinking to the 1500s when 46 year old men commonly slept with 11 year olds.

LOL, i think you can still do that in the Philippines

I rarely meet people who dislike the prequels to be rational. Some are though.

No, don't link me to Redlettermedia please.

I agree I like the prequels. The Redlettermedia review is too long for anyone to watch anyway. And its probably like Mein Kampf bunch of rambling.

Because they had to have a love plot in there somehow and George asked his dog to crap out a theme for it.

That was the best they could get.

The kids had to be born to give a reason for the originals and for the prequels to make a tiny bit of sense.

Would have helped if it didn't feel like the script was scribbled on a post it note while having a dump though.