Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

I answered this three times. You ignored it.

you also ignored my answer. When you watch the originals youre rooting for han and leia to get together. When you watch epII your sitting there disagreeing with everything anakin and padme do ( atleast I was) every decision they make left me going what the hell are you idiots doing? Each decidion getting more and more irrational. Therefore I feel mistakes were being made and worse mistakes were made to attempt to fix the previous mistakes

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. What did I say after that?

Morals are irrelevant to the question. It's not the topic.

I also asked you a follow up: So, your point of view is Padme loves Anakin because she's immoral? Is that it?

You saw my reasons for Padme liking Anakin you just refused to believe them.

You saw my reasons for Padme liking Anakin you just refused to believe them.

Try answering the question.

You reason is "Padme loves Anakin because the Star Wars universe has crap morals." Otherwise, I can't imagine why you're bringing this up. It's irrelevant.

Try answering the question.

You reason is "Padme loves Anakin because the Star Wars universe has crap morals." Otherwise, I can't imagine why you're bringing this up. It's irrelevant.

Your trying to deny that you saw my reasons if you keep denying i will keep posting the quote back here, sigh let me go back and get it.

Because he is strong. He is at least one of the most powerful jedi in the history of their order. He is confident, something I know girls like, he is powerful and can easily protect her, another thing I know they like. He is more human than the other jedis. He is willing to let out his emotions. She knows he trusts her to let out all these emotions. He compliments her when alot of other people probably don't. She knows he actually likes her and is not after power like some senators wanting her might do. He is nice to her, thats another reason. And I don't think slaughtering the Tusken camp did anything to make her think less of him.

There I will show it to you again, read and learn.

lol at people defending the Han/Leia love story.

Leia is arrogant, uptight royalty.

Han is an arrogant, jerky space bum with authority issues.

There is nothing at all that would cause them to be attracted to each other. If you're going to argue that "oh but he's this suave rogue and girls love bad boys" then that exact same arguement works with Anakin and Padme.

The Anakin and Padme hooking up makes a lot more sense then Han and Leia. Anakin wasn't a jerk like Han and actually cared about people and Padme was far less uptight then Leia.

The fact is that no matter how you try and spin it the Han and Leia romance was a poorly written cliche, the sort of romance that was common in the eighties.

Your trying to deny that you saw my reasons if you keep denying i will keep posting the quote back here, sigh let me go back and get it.

Here:

Your forgetting something. Morals in the star wars universe are crap. The senate allowed a plague to kill millions. The senate allowed people on Naboo to starve. Amidala only cared because those were her own people. Tuskan raiders are not her people. You don't need to look for it, the movies have shown everyone over and over again how horrible people's morals are in this galaxy. Three creatures got killed in the Tatooine bar and everyone in the cantina not only did nothing, they enjoyed it. Pod races that are extremely popular. In huttball everyone is screaming for the contesters to slaughter one another. On Coruscant they had people who would fight to the death unarmed. Smashball was popular throughout the galaxy and it was also violent. Nothing was done about the countless interplanetary wars going on in during that time or during the time of the galactic empire.

Look at the movies its not hard to figure out that people in star wars don't have any morals except a select few. Anakins mother says no one cares about anyone. Sebulba was about to kill Jar Jar Binks simply for bugging him. The Gungans were about to let the Naboo people get destroyed. Seriously do I have to give anymore examples to convince you.

Because he is strong. He is at least one of the most powerful jedi in the history of their order. He is confident, something I know girls like, he is powerful and can easily protect her, another thing I know they like. He is more human than the other jedis. He is willing to let out his emotions. She knows he trusts her to let out all these emotions. He compliments her when alot of other people probably don't. She knows he actually likes her and is not after power like some senators wanting her might do. He is nice to her, thats another reason. And I don't think slaughtering the Tusken camp did anything to make her think less of him.

And I don't think slaughtering the Tusken camp did anything to make her think less of him.

And I don't think slaughtering the Tusken camp did anything to make her think less of him.

Yeah, I'm done with you. Please go ask a girl to watch Episode II. When Anakin's crying rant is over, pause it and ask her "Could you, under any circumstances, see yourself marrying this boy?"

lol at people defending the Han/Leia love story.

Leia is arrogant, uptight royalty.

Han is an arrogant, jerky space bum with authority issues.

There is nothing at all that would cause them to be attracted to each other. If you're going to argue that "oh but he's this suave rogue and girls love bad boys" then that exact same arguement works with Anakin and Padme.

Nope. Please go ask a girl.

Anakin is not a bad boy, he's a damn war criminal who does nothing but whine.

Girls don't like whiners, boys. Just try it.

Edited by JustTed

Here:

Yeah, I'm done with you. Please go ask a girl to watch Episode II. When Anakin's crying rant is over, pause it and ask her "Could you, under any circumstances, see yourself marrying this boy?"

Thats the real world this is Star Wars lol. Once again real world girls would kinda care if he slaughtered a village of sand people. Star Wars people don't.

Nope. Please go ask a girl.

Anakin is not a bad boy, he's a damn war criminal who does nothing but whine.

Girls don't like whiners, boys. Just try it.

Honestly hes different in the books. Hayden, what ever his name is, is just a ****** actor and can only play one character.

Funny how ted only has 3 answers to anyone trying to explain why they love each other:

1. He just ignores it.

This is a simple lie. Sorry I didn't eat at my keyboard like a proper nerd.

2. date a girl

Sorry. If you think a girl could love Anakin you know nothing about women. This is practically empirical.

3. it's irrelevant

Most of the tripe in this thread is.

I only have three answers because they're all true. You glossed over that part.

Oh, and yeah, eventually, I'll get bored of playing with you kids and go. This won't be me "ignoring" your posts, but you'll claim that anyway to snatch a small, illusory victory.

Thats the real world this is Star Wars lol.

More story-telling 101: if it's not about humans (which the people in Star Wars are actually called), then no one cares. I can't identify with the robots in these films.

This is why the prequels fail. There are no people in them. There these bizarre robots who have no idea how feelings work and everything they do is senseless.

did you just say you thought Anakin was hot?

weirdo ...

Actually he (The actor is pretty cute) sorry if that's weird. :p

Why do people fall in love.. hmm age old question, and not one anyone can really answer. Perhaps it was the fact oh don't know ? - you know that huge part of the movie of Episode II was just about them ? and them falling in love - oh I don't know I give up, tell me why did they fall in love ? :D

This is a simple lie. Sorry I didn't eat at my keyboard like a proper nerd.

Sorry. If you think a girl could love Anakin you know nothing about women. This is practically empirical.

Most of the tripe in this thread is.

I only have three answers because they're all true. You glossed over that part.

Oh, and yeah, eventually, I'll get bored of playing with you kids and go. This won't be me "ignoring" your posts, but you'll claim that anyway to snatch a small, illusory victory.

Ok let's begin,

First of all, I am not a kid.

Second of all, I never said anything about anyone loving Anakin.

More story-telling 101: if it's not about humans (which the people in Star Wars are actually called), then no one cares. I can't identify with the robots in these films.

This is why the prequels fail. There are no people in them. There these bizarre robots who have no idea how feelings work and everything they do is senseless.

So basically you never asked a question in the first place. You just wanted to rally a bunch of prequel haters so you could bash the movies.

Ok let's begin,

First of all, I am not a kid.

Second of all, I never said anything about anyone loving Anakin.

I never claimed you did.

You said funny how I have only three answers, so I ran down for you why they're all true.