SWG'ers, are you content or bored with SWTOR?

MefuneAkira

Seven year vet player of SWG. Ive played WoW, RIFT and a most of the other MMO's out there and none kept my interest more than SWG.

Yes the CU sucked. Yes the NGE sucked. So why did I stick with SWG?

Game play options.

SWG had more game play options than most MMOs.

Such as...

• Player housing.
  • City building.
  • Guild/City wars.
  • Decorating homes, guild hall and ships.
  • Planet control scrimmages.
  • Cantinas with a purpose.
  • Bounty hunters that actually had bounties to hunt (other players).
  • A complex and fun crafting system that was very Star Warsy.
  • Merchants who could set up there own enterprise from their home or a merchant tent. (also very Star Warsy)
  • Non-combat classes that kept the social atmosphere alive.
  • Fishing.
  • Social events.

...and much more...

In SWTOR, there is combat, lazy crafting and datacron hunting. Thats about it. After level 50, its really just combat.

Now I know they never said SWTOR was going to be SGW2, but is it me or is Star Wars the Old Republic not very Star Warsy?

• Cantinas that serve no purpose. Un-Star Warsy.
  • Bounty hunters without bounties. Un-Star Warsy.
  • No merchants selling their wares. Un-Star-Warsy.
  • A simplistic, lazy and un-tangible crafting system. Un-Star Warsy. (No moisture vaporators? Come on! lol)
  • No weather change. Un-Star Warsy. (Tatooine sand storms anyone?)
  • No day/night cycle. Un-Star Warsy. (Twin suns setting? Night sky over Curoscant?)
  • Little life on planets. Un-Star Warsy (Star Wars universe is abundant with commerce and social activity.)

...and on and on...

I guess my point is, Im bored or maybe just combat/PvP/xp grind burnt out or maybe I'm just not feeling the Star Wars "intended" immersion. I guess I was just spoiled by SWG's many non-combat and social game play options to chose from when I just needed a break from the combat. I guess I was spoiled by the immersion of day/night cycles and weather changes. I guess I was spoiled by having a unique space in the Star Wars universe I could call my own.

I love many aspects of SWTOR and have no immediate plans to cancel my subscription, but it needs Star Warsy non-combat and social game play to keep my interest. Agree? Dont agree?

You fellow ex-SWG'ers bored or content with SWTOR?

Thanks.

OMG your making me just not wanna start to play

Olin Wallie from Ahazi 05 till NGE and returned in 08 till 09

and i am sad but glad SOE killed it cause they never really paid attention

but just messed up the game even worse i use to be a master doc buffing ppl left and right making 10k to 185k credits for each buff or set my houses were filled with items i miss i became a light sensitive jedi went thru the quest with the old man finding me did the whole thing to become a jedi then NGE made it so you get to become a jedi from the start how lame i just quit from there

so to hear its un star war-sy is a bit lame

twin sun on tatooine dont set anikins mom said so her self in phantom menace

life on the planet well that depends on what you mean cause in SWG we was life on those

planets

no sand storms??? so you mean i can walk on tat not break a sweat not worry about

low visibility so i dont agro any tuskin raiders? wait is there any raiders in the game ?

what about visiting jabba the hut can i still do that?

idk i miss SWG but i hope to enjoy this game and hope just hope it follows in the details of what SW is about

player homes would be great but i know jedi cant have a home so i am out on that

but NGE made sure i was not out on the streets lol stupid SOE devs :mad:

so you mean tatooine is just one flat land with no moister farmers or generators? >?

we need to voice out if thats the case i need to fill the SWG gap

Edited by Wasted_Elmo

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Theres somethings that SWG Had that made it... more electric, more enjoyable...

Yet again SWG Was Eight... it had a long lifespan, lots of updates and expansion packs. This has had only one major update, Rise of The Raghools or something.

Edited by Zorpgaming

P.S. why do we not have server community forums?? I thought that was the standard for mmos these days?

We do have server forums. Well, server group community forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

wait is there any raiders in the game ?

what about visiting jabba the hut can i still do that?

Yes, there are Sand People on Tatooine. And yes, Sand People was the first (and some say more accurate) name of the Tusken Raiders.

No, you cannot visit Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine ... Jabba was not even born yet at the time the game is being played.

Edited by Rhaethe

The social aspect of the game was amazing

Your own words. Compared to other mmo's I have played I fully agree. Is that solely due to the players that played it? No way. SWG had a lot of mechanics that facilitated social interaction. Whether its the crafting, housing, cities, image designing, entertaining, doctor buffs etc they all meant contact with other players. Either as someone offering a service or someone buying it. That is a community. Brewberry

I do feel that it was more amazing pre-nge. The social aspect during that time was amazing, but since the nge, I feel its pretty comparable to most typical themepark mmos. I do feel though its somewhat better due to it being smaller communties compared to that of rift, wow, and this. The sad thing is, the nge damaged most of the features that a lot of die hards love, even when most of them will not admit that.

Lol, maybe people love this because they don't need to read more than an occasonal bit of dialog response? The stories are weak, and the gameplay is simple enough that players not dealing with a full deck can participate. Hurray for target audience I guess...

Explain on how swg was complex. One of the main complaints about swg(post-nge) was how utterly easily the game was, and pretty much face rolling the keyboard. There was nothing in swg that was hard or complex, even during pre-cu it was pretty easy.

I have yet to post on the forums yet because I think the tor forums are for noobs... But I had to log in and post on this that yes. I miss many of these things from SWG. However, as it has been stated before when swg launched it didn't really have alot of these things... Swg's launch wasn't terrible... it just was not good. Tor's launch was a success, however their lack of attention to community elements such as player housing, guild wars, player bounties, and areas where people from other factions can talk and flame each other will cause this game to leak alot of subs in the next 6 months... At least this is my opinion on the issue. I don't think I'll be here for another month if I don't see any community/rp elements being added to the game.

P.S. why do we not have server community forums?? I thought that was the standard for mmos these days?

The main thing that should have been implemented was cross faction chat, I dont understand why they didn't add it, other than people being overly sensitive. People need to realize that swg didnt add most of that crap until publish 3 and further on. Player bounties were garbage during that game until when the nge came out. Player bounties only applied to jedi, so BH didnt have actual player bounties probably 4-6 months after launch. Player housing wasnt until publish 3 also.

I think a lot of good points were made here, and yes I also agree the more we compare this game to SWG's highlighted points maybe BW can take steps forward into a direction that makes TOR not feel so constricted. I believe that is TOR's biggest problem is no freedom like SWG. I hated seeing for the first time that each planet was distributed in level settings. The more I play it the more I realise it needs more than just a awesome story line, because that only goes so far and considering I have played 90% with just my toon and a companion I am just going to end up quitting soon and going with a console game and not pay a monthly fee.

Community is certainly one of the most obvious ways this game lags behind SWG. In fact it seems that BW is actively trying to limit or hinder community building through heavy instancing of the galaxy, no server forums, no global chat etc. At times TOR feels like Battlefield where you just hop into a different random server every time you log on. There is zero sense of community here. If I didn't have a handful of friends playing I don't know if I would have stuck around this long.

I made an attempt to read all the replies before posting, however I became bored with all the same points, counter-points, attacks, blocks and so forth. As much as I would love to put SWG on a pedestal, I really can't. Although the game had some fantastic features; 32 professions, 250 (maybe 255) skill points and the freedom to place them where ever your heart desired, The option to get right into combat, crafting or the social aspect, something which very few games ever take into consideration and for this particular genre it's foolish not to. Before I type off on a tangent about this I will continue to illustrate my personal OPINION, which is neither right or wrong. Back to key points in favour of SWG; The option to set up macros, at least for entertaining professions, as this allowed for dancers, musicians and the like to actually be social and not just a bot, however sadly it lead to botting and ultimately afk entertainers, making this point as negative as it is positive, but that is to be expected when dealing with humans, we naturally seek to gain the greatest advantage with the least effort. Anyhow crafting in SWG was just insane, it allowed crafters to actually provide a viable service which parallels what businesses do in real life and it not being all about looting, after all why the heck would a Womp Rat be carrying a sniper rifle? Yes I know that's stretching it, but the point remains, during the golden and silver age of SWG crafting, player crafted gear was the stuff to have, although there was a point where crafted gear was crap compared to drops and threatened to end crafting or so it may have looked. Entertaining was a new and personally a brilliant aspect added to the game and like crafters they too went into a dark age where they were virtually useless but in the beginning they were the ones to see to remove wounds and fatigue and eventually near the end they became more like buff bots and occasionally used for fatigue in the planetary city battlefields during the construction stage. On top of this the ability to customize appearances was very nice, not nearly as nice as oh CoH/CoV or Champions Online, but for Star Wars it was damn nice, no presets only and later you could get your appearance changed by another player called an image designer, who did just that, change your image, at least on a physical level, although in the beginning they were also required in order to mitigate HAM bars, no I don't mean pork and no I don't have a halal option for you either. Moving on, I loved the space content, free roaming in space is just awesome and blowing up Rebs or in my case getting blown up by reb players was quite fun, once in a while. Anyhow that's what was good about SWG and about all I really miss from it.

Now for The Old Republic.

It's a very pretty game, the environments are lush, sometimes a bit too small, however leaves room for expansion, which is both smart and understandable from my point of view. The storylines I've run through thus far have been at least good quality, however I feel it's too single player oriented and there's not much multiplayer incentive outside of the social point system, some heroics and flash points. Animations for abilities and attacks are quite awesome and in some instances hilarious, like dirty kick, I absolutely love that move and wish SWG had that one for the smuggler low blow attack. Voice acting, that is just awesome, I love it and it makes the game very emersive, however I'd honestly rather read text than have preset options for character creation, no option to change appearance, sith corruption doesn't count so forget that arguement, and no appearance slots so I don't look like I'm a bounty hunter or republic trooper in piece-mail. I'd really like more to compare however being a game only a couple months old compared to several years of development, it makes it difficult, so I guess in a way, that is a point for TOR, it has a lot of room to grow and I hope it grows out of this damn tank/dps/healer crap, cause honestly I think giving people more room to develop their characters is infinitely better than holding their hands down a rocky path.

So in conclusion do I miss SWG? Only the mentioned elements. Am I content with TOR? No, but I am hopeful that perhaps some good changes will occur. Do I want SWG back? No it's dead like Elvis let it stay dead, but I think it's important to learn from what SWG did right and wrong. Will I continue to play TOR? Maybe, depends on which direction the game goes. If TOR continues down the path of Trinity based MMORPGs with little to no character customization, probably not I'll get the same awesome story telling in Mass Effect 3. If it opens up and adds more options to customize my character so I'm not playing a cookie cutter style character, then yes I will likely play more. Also just being able to mess with my appearance would be more than enough for me or the option to play a social character like an entertainer and actually progress through that as a profession and not just a role play element, would equally be awesome and a ton of clothing options! A good socialite has to look good always, despite the occasion.

Sorry about the long post and I'm sure most will shun me for this as it is to be expected, after all whenever every butthole has an opinion the area is bound to be filled with crap. Again my opinion, my little addition to the mountain of crap.

Explain on how swg was complex. One of the main complaints about swg(post-nge) was how utterly easily the game was, and pretty much face rolling the keyboard. There was nothing in swg that was hard or complex, even during pre-cu it was pretty easy.

Way to fail at picking something to disagree with.

1) No-where did I say that SWG was more complex in terms of combat gameplay. It was mostly the same button mashing of any standard MMO to the point of facerolling across your keyboard with 20 buffs stacking over your health bar. Later into the nge, the faster you could mash keys as a jedi, the more dps you could do... TOR has mostly better abilities and animations, yet its gameplay is just as simple as SWG. However, TOR has also been slowed down to appeal to an even more casual audience. (Movement speed, global cooldowns on mostly everything, being cc'd 90%, etc).

I could go heavily into space PvP, but that was a game within itself and went over the heads of all but maybe 5% of the entire population. Most failed at figuring out droid commands, let alone properly balancing out a fighter and then being able to stand up against a decent flight-sim pilot.

2) I was referring to stories that are supposed to be of such great importance, but this part of TOR has been watered down heavily compared to any regular Bioware game. As I stated before, only 1 in 10 quests are even worth listening through (and I'm being generous); the rest are just as disposable as the standard MMO filler quests for leveling.

Lol, the most intimidating enemies on Tython are pudgy 'Fleshraiders' that are as far as they are tall. Other planets have similarly childish plots and characters. That is what I'm getting at when I say target audience...

Edited by fisheggs

1) No-where did I say that SWG was more complex in terms of combat gameplay. It was mostly the same button mashing of any standard MMO to the point of facerolling across your keyboard with 20 buffs stacking over your health bar. Later into the nge, the faster you could mash keys as a jedi, the more dps you could do... TOR has mostly better abilities and animations, yet its gameplay is just as simple as SWG. However, TOR has also been slowed down to appeal to an even more casual audience. (Movement speed, global cooldowns on mostly everything, being cc'd 90%, etc).

I could go heavily into space PvP, but that was a game within itself and went over the heads of all but maybe 5% of the entire population. Most failed at figuring out droid commands, let alone properly balancing out a fighter and then being able to stand up against a decent flight-sim pilot.

2) I was referring to stories that are supposed to be of such great importance, but this part of TOR has been watered down heavily compared to any regular Bioware game. As I stated before, only 1 in 10 quests are even worth listening through (and I'm being generous); the rest are just as disposable as the standard MMO filler quests for leveling.

Lol, the most intimidating enemies on Tython are pudgy 'Fleshraiders' that are as far as they are tall. Other planets have similarly childish plots and characters. That is what I'm getting at when I say target audience...

The target audience is typical star wars fans, so they pretty much got it right, and pretty much fits in with the rest of the star wars lore. I do agree with you about the quests though.

Im quite content with SWTOR. I will be for a few years too. I played SWG, then gave up because I found it very boring. SWTOR on the other hand, has great story telling (Thank you BioWare!) and great characters (Companions, NPS, Customization, etc) overall. I actually can invest a single, entire day into SWTOR, and not have it feel like a waste of time. With SWG I played for 15 minutes at a time, and then never played for weeks, sometimes months.

SWTOR is overall just a great game that is an amazing expierience, graphics, story telling, and environment wise.

Thank you BioWare, I did not waste over $200 on this game!

SWTOR is more of a younger audience type MMORPG. Just saying.

A: Eve online is boring, it's nothing but who played first- you win, game over- yay!!!

B: SWG is dead, it died a LOOONG time ago with the NGE, it had alot of great features and I loved it however I DON'T want crafting buildings / player houses all over SWTOR, it would be stupid. SWG was a sandbox, SWTOR is a themepark there is no meshing of those two genres.

You can't have sandbox features in a themepark without ruining the themepark.

I loved SWG, more then any other MMO to date, but it's dead and gone, and I'd like to leave it there.

Currently I'm really enjoying SWTOR due to its story and VA but once I'm done with all the quests. I'm not sure what would entice me to continue playing.

Because when I look at the end-Game right now and all I could see is PVP Grinding or Raiding which was what I was doing for the past 4 - 5 years in WoW.

So what does this game offer that I have not yet experienced in WoW? Sure the universe is different, gfx are different, combat mechanics are slightly different but the overall structure of the game feels the same.

And since I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan all these feels just like the same car engine with a slightly different chassis and paint job.

OTOH.. Star Wars despite all its bugs and how complex I found the system to be. Was one of the best MMOs I ever played along with DAoC & UO.

It gave players a vast world to explore and interact with. It accomodated various alternative playstyles and rewarded players for putting in the effort. If you didn't want to PvE/PvP, you didn't have to. You could be a crafter or a service provider and become famous for it.

Not only that, players could also have houses. You could put vendors in your house, set access rights to your house and decorate it as you see fit also. Later in the game players could create their own towns. Elected mayors can also select the type of amentities they want in their town, which can provide certain benefits to the residents or visitors passing by.

The amount of customizations, ability to personalize your character and their living space as well as the ability for players to influence the world - had a profound effect on those that players. It made us feel more involved with the community and world as well as delivering a rather personal gaming experience.

Compared to most MMOs nowadays. You do things in a linear fashion from point A to B. Raid ABC dungeon for Tier 1, then Raid DEF dungeon for Tier 2. Look awesome for maybe 2 - 3 months ,then ditch that gear for something better stat wise.

You can't shape/change the game world, everything resets to the way it was before. Interaction is also limited due to instancing. You certainly can't leave your mark upon the world either.

Although WoW was a huge commerical success... some of my fondest memories are still from SWG. Of WoW, I remember nothing but the grind & guild drama over raid loot.

This is where SWTOR is headed

While I hope SWTOR would break the mould by becoming a really innovative MMO... I'm not so sure if it will succeed. Seeing as most games nowadays are aiming for a more simplified and streamlined approach to appeal to wider audiences. And these people that are being targeted might not be able to appreciate the complexities & gameplay depth that older sandbox MMOs offered.

If these players were given a game with the complexities & gameplay of SWG mixed with the solid launch ideas and implementation of SWTOR BW would have the greatest commercial success ever

great post btw

I'm pretty content at moment, and dont miss swg what so ever. I always felt the game was average and one reason I continue to play it was due to the sw license. It still amazes me though that people still obsess over it and still think about it on a regular basis. I can only imagine what it would be like if some of these people will do in a break up or something of that nature.

Perhaps the reason a lot of people still obsess over it on a regular basis is because of the simple fact that even though it had numerous problems it was still the most innovative and immersive Starwars themed MMO ever created? WOW is the greatest commercial MMO launch to date, but don't you think it's kind of funny how there aren't thousands of people singing it's praises or dying to go back to it once they've quit?

TL;DR:

- SWG was a smaller MMO by far, and a sandbox

- TOR is a massive MMO and linear in nature

- Sandbox features don't integrate with linearity very well at all

- There are a few things that could be done but won't be because there's not enough call for it

- Fishing, sure why not

- Socialising is for players to conduct themselves, not to be thrust upon them by devs

- The theme park linear approach clearly nets more subscribers. Bioware may love their players, but you can bet your boots money's always on their mind, especially with certain unnamed parties breathing down their neck.

I'm confused, frankly.

Star Wars Galaxies never reached the subscriber numbers of WoW, or indeed of SW:TOR. I'm running off a very quick ferret around on the internets, but...

Est. 1.3million subscribers to SW:TOR, 2m hard copies sold.

Est. 350,000 subscribers to Galaxies at its peak, 1m hard copies sold

So now I have to be curious. There weren't 350,000 subscribers to galaxies when it finally went down... So how many of you are there?

I played Galaxies up to CU and... Maybe a bit of the NGE, I can't remember that clearly, but it was bad past that point. I'll say we're optimistic, and that galaxies had about 200,000* subscribers (although it was probably less) when it finally went down.

Of those, the proportion that enjoy SWTOR enough to pay for it will cut it down tremendously. Yes. I miss the sandbox, I miss the zany decorations of player housing. I miss well constructed space combat. I miss walking through entire cities constructed purely by players, and past moisture farms that were actually being run as opposed to landscape decorations.

But really, SWTOR isn't a sandbox and it never will be because it's clearly not what nets the real money from all the adrenaline-ran young folk who play MMOs these days. All 200,000* of you will have to fight tooth and nail banging on their doors to get any one of those sandbox features implimented, because otherwise, it really doesn't look like annoying/disappointing ex-Galaxies players will actually impact their profits.

Especially since most of them are still playing anyway. I've long since said you can't rely on forums because it's the same 30-50* vocal people despite the many hundreds (or indeed thousands) of people who may also have a say but don't frequent forums.

I can also address a few things.

Player Housing. You could only do this with instances or by opening up enormous sections of blank space (which were bountiful on Galaxies). But wait, they did give us an instanced player house - a ship. I agree - more customisation features for it. Wouldn't half mind being able to play around with my ship. Or even with a house on Correllia. But it won't be in player cities. City building and resource harvesting with heavy machinery also requires the aforementioned space. Remember, they're catering to 3-5x more subscribers than galaxies in a smaller space designed for linearity. And frankly, city sites on Intrepid were thin on the ground when I was there, planets were largely full, especially close to major centres.

Guild/City wars. Well, if you can't have a city, problem there. Guild wars, though... I actually agree that they could implement this feature, but I really, really don't think they will.

Decorating homes, guild hall and ships. Sure. Wouldn't mind if they let me do something like this and it can't be that hard to implement. They did at least say they're going to offer customisation for starships. But first we need a guildhall / guild ship and some homes --- oh. I'll hold my breath to see what guild ships behave like.

Planet control wars. Sandbox feature. TOR is a linear storyline that is inflexible up to level 50 where it progresses no further, so planets can't change hands - hell, there's not even an official war for a large part. And, although I've never been there, is Ilum not actually a massive punch up over a single planet?

Cantinas with a purpose. I assume this refers to entertainers. Entertainers fit a Galaxies dynamic - you could literally be whatever you wanted to be. You could be an unarmed moisture farmer or you could be a Jedi-clonking bounty hunter. Modern linearity does not allow for this sort of freedom.

If you want to do any of those things, you're going to have to pretend I'm afraid. I do it all the time. Roleplayers, do it all the time. We don't tend to demand game system for what we can just pretend to be. That's a lie, we do. We also accept that we won't get them, though.

Bounty hunters that actually had bounties to hunt (other players). I wouldn't half mind something like this being active on Ilum, hunting down notoriously high valour PvPers on the opposing faction. Shouldn't be bounty hunter restricted though, not without giving a similar or equivalent feature to other classes.

A complex and fun crafting system that was very Star Warsy. You've got to be actually joking. Crafting was a chore and it always is. Granted, it was worth bountiful amounts more than in any other MMO because you could craft EVERYTHING and you could get pretty good armour for high quality crafting. So in that regard, maybe they could make crafting worth **** at level 50, but don't con yourself that Galaxies had a "fun" crafting system. It just didn't.

Although I did appreciate being able to put a jar of giggledust on a shelf in my house. That was quite funny.

Merchants who could set up there own enterprise from their home or a merchant tent. (also very Star Warsy) - Again, I guess I could see this but there's not room for every crafter to put down their own shop. And, frankly, there's nothing stopping you from camping out on the Fleet and flogging your wares in /yell instead of on the GTN.

Non-combat classes that kept the social atmosphere alive. Sandbox feature. They were a nice feature, but not one that fits TOR's inherent linearity and heroic combat-driven story. And no, they won't change that, because that's not what nets the enormous subscriber numbers.

Fishing. ... Sure. Why not. I'll give you that.

Social events. Make your own! Socialising isn't something to be thrust upon you by the devs, you do it yourself, that's the whole point! If you mean better places to accomodate it, I see nothing wrong with cantinas for social gathering. And maybe that gives them purpose.

*optimistic estimates

On a final note in support, however:

Little life on planets. Un-Star Warsy (Star Wars universe is abundant with commerce and social activity.)

Too. ****in' right. I appreciate they tried to make the place look big, but they forgot to populate it with the trillions of inhabitants of the galaxy and it's really weird if nothing else. Dromund Kaas is like a ghost town despite being the Capital planet of the Empire!

Little bit more life, please. Coruscant and Kaas are cities, remember, they are meant to be a bit.. Overcrowded!

Edited by ConspicuousTree
TL;DR

Yes I am bored with this game very much, there is nothing to do, despite SWG in all of its iterations it is still a superior MMORPG to this game. Especially in the space aspect, even at launch SWG had more side stuff to do than what this game does, and frankly its pretty bad, for all that money they dropped on VO's that I space bar thru, we could've had some more solid features, or minigames something to do than just mindlessly kill crap all the time...

Playing SWG for 8yrs then having it shut down forcing me here to find what a insult it is to play a living breathing Star Wars MMORPG then come here to a very linear , lonely instanced to hell , co-op lobby game.

In comparison to SWG, yes SWTOR is boring. However, my real life friend group is still playing and that is making it fun for me. Also, after having trudged through the lackluster storyline and companions on the jedi sage (my main), I am now having fun going through the better storylines on my trooper and imperial agent alts.

My summary of the game overall would be SWTOR= WoW + a story.

I also don't mind pvp. It's simple and fun. It still doesn't compare to SWG, where you created your own bases, and were way more invested in the outcome. However, I find pvp much improved over WoW. (er...I only played WoW the first year it was out and am unfamiliar with any changes that took place to either the game or pvp after that time)

Now that we're all level 50 on our mains, mostly my guild plays League of Legends once they're done their dailies and are waiting for raid nights. There was NEVER down time on SWG. It was incredibly way more immersive than SWTOR.

SWTOR is more of a younger audience type MMORPG. Just saying.

"I" know that, but I had to clarify after someone quoted me out of context and tried to find something to disagree with. It was expected that the game was to be aimed at a younger audience, but I usually enjoy playing through all of a Bioware game. Unfortunately not this one.

Lawl

I am bored. Mostly because the game, like many people have felt and observed, feels like a single player game to me. SWTOR is not SWG, of course not, and they never have touted it as one (as far as I know), but I do miss the "old" days.

That said, Im sure there are enough people around who enjoy it for what it is, and I do understand that it might be annoying to read about the comparison between games all the time. I hope those of you that read it, and never have played SWG, can forgive our nostalgia, and maybe just appreciate SWTOR for what it is.

For my own sake, Im not sure I will play much longer.

Perhaps the reason a lot of people still obsess over it on a regular basis is because of the simple fact that even though it had numerous problems it was still the most innovative and immersive Starwars themed MMO ever created? WOW is the greatest commercial MMO launch to date, but don't you think it's kind of funny how there aren't thousands of people singing it's praises or dying to go back to it once they've quit?

I just it find it "wierd" (probably the least offensive word to use) that so many people have such strong feelings for a video game to the point that its somewhat ridiculous. I also don't find it funny because I feel that those people are able to move on and are somewhat mature in the way that they handle their feelings with something.