The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech on Vanguard alt - Mortar Volley, seriously?

ZeusThunder

How is this still not fixed? With Powertech as my main using a Vanguard is super annoying. Already there have been multiple times where it has prevented me from stopping a point capture in WZ's. Has there been any word from Bioware on this?

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the cone on Ion Blast is much larger than the cone on Flamethrower? I find myself using Ion a lot more than I use Flamethrower.

How is this still not fixed? With Powertech as my main using a Vanguard is super annoying. Already there have been multiple times where it has prevented me from stopping a point capture in WZ's. Has there been any word from Bioware on this?

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the cone on Ion Blast is much larger than the cone on Flamethrower? I find myself using Ion a lot more than I use Flamethrower.

Yep, devs have Mortar Volley/Full Auto on the "fix list", from a dev post. And yeah, I find Pulse Cannon a lot easier to use than Flamethrower- it IS a much broader cone, and I do put it to good use. We may be "mirrors", but they did manage a few differences.

I have yet to play a BH as I've pretty much stuck with just my vanguard because of limited play. Can someone elaborate what is wrong with mortar volley?

There is a difference in the damage landing compared to animation and time. There has been multiple posts on the PvP forums about it. Motor Volley is slower then the mirror of the Bounty Hunter's, Death From Above.

you don't want to know. it will just make you mad.

lol. Yeah I've noticed the delay in the skill, think I even read something about it in taugrims thread. I always just thought that was how the skill worked. Now I know better, fix fix fix.

Why, they already know. Question is will they ever actually do anything...........

Why fix things when they can mangle the UI and wildly swing the nerf bat at everything else? Oh wait they fixed.... oh wait, no they didn't. It was in the patch notes, but it's still broken.

They rather fix class imbalance than mirror imbalance. Most of them play Imperial so they don't really care about the vanguard.

And honestly, seeing how they botched up SOA in yesterday's patch, I don't want them to touch to the vanguard. When they "fix" things, they break more than they fix.

Oh, SoA is bugged 10% of the time, lets fix that.. now it bugs 100% of the time!

you don't want to know. it will just make you mad.

But then you'll grow up and come to peace with it and start making constructive posts on the issue on the appropriate forums.

So its okay if you really wish to know - simply read one of the many posts about mortar volley scattered about all the various forums. If you can't find one, simply go by the screeching whiny sounds:D

It's sad...

Also, do any of you know if there is a video that compares Storm vs. Jet Charge. Storm feels very slow and wierdly functioning. The videos I've seen of Powertechs using their charge seems faster.

I would love to see a comparison.

Also remember to post tickets about it, the more pressure the better. I have made tickets about both Mortar Volley and Storm.

Thanks for the vid :)

Edited by TScott

Go and test this on your Vanguards.

After the second tick of damage, just move and break the channel. The third tick of damage will still happen, because the channel has actually already completed. The animation is still catching up, but you can cancel the animation without any penalties.

I do this all the time in PvP, its just an animation thing, not an actual mechanics thing.

After the second tick of damage, just move and break the channel. The third tick of damage will still happen, because the channel has actually already completed. The animation is still catching up, but you can cancel the animation without any penalties.

I do this all the time in PvP, its just an animation thing, not an actual mechanics thing.

Good to know, i'll be trying this later

For me the issue with mortar volley isnt completing the animation its how long it takes for damage to land after you initiate the ability. I almost never use mortar volley in pvp because by the time the first round lands there is noone left in the area to hit.

I know there is a slight delay in Death from Above but that generally lands at least one hit before people have cleared the area. In Mortar Volley its like there is an invisible aoe knock back on everyone - they see they blue target circle and they is goooooooooonnnnneeeee.

For me the issue with mortar volley isnt completing the animation its how long it takes for damage to land after you initiate the ability. I almost never use mortar volley in pvp because by the time the first round lands there is noone left in the area to hit.

I know there is a slight delay in Death from Above but that generally lands at least one hit before people have cleared the area. In Mortar Volley its like there is an invisible aoe knock back on everyone - they see they blue target circle and they is goooooooooonnnnneeeee.

Yeah, its actually a hidden "Fear" mechanic. They all rush out of the circle the second it drops.

(Just kidding.)