1.1.2 Patch Notes - Ilum - Where are the real *********** patch notes?

Starbuckx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No more Valor for killing the same Players over and over again? I feel really sorry for you. I guess you should quit.

Not only the valor, but also the credit for the PvP quests!

Don't worry, I'll quit if this does not get fixed, for sure.

Roamed around a bit away from the base camp zerg, got involved in some smaller fights around objectives, no valor or kill credits. Some tweaking on this patch required. It could be positive in that it's promoting some roaming fights around the zone instead of base camp zerg but you do need to get some valor and credits or it will kill the zone off completely.

Ye i have been stuck on 117/150 for about 1 hour and 30 mins ive been in warzones so i made sure i wasnt killing the same people but that hasnt helped atall i come out and kill people 1 on 1 ive never seen before and im getting **** all starting to get bored :|

No more Valor for killing the same Players over and over again? I feel really sorry for you. I guess you should quit.

Valor farming = bad, waiting 5 minutes to kill same person = worse. A minute timer, 40 second timer, or get this force a person who died in pvp to spawn at a designated area like in WZ matches = problem solved.

If Bioware's huge issue is the "valor farming", then they need the timer set specifically to preventing the Ilum bonus valor for a period of time. It shouldn't prevent daily/weekly kill credits!

I actually have a life and it's looking more likely to not include SWTOR with all this crap Bioware keeps dropping out.

Ive been solo roaming for over an hour now, ive easily killed 30+ people in 1v1s, I have had 2 of them count. Im not sure I really understand bioware... do they actually have an education? perhaps a university degree in not being retarded? it would go a long way...

I understand what the patch does but the truth is now you have to be in a zerg or you can forget about kills. The zerg will simply kill all enemies and thus you wont have anything to kill yourself. I play a republic jedi guardian, my faction is outnumbered, I cant play in ops groups properly cause the reality is I can only sabre throw for tagging kills, half the jedi shadows I now meet use the water exploit to heal 50% health for free, the other half run away when theyre dying. And now anyone else I kill wont count. I am easily one of the best geared guardians on our entire server and getting 30 kills may take me well over 5 hours unless I play lame and camp with the zerg in which case maybe 2 hours.

this issue is probably a bug with release timer.

had a lot of kills, had staged kills with me and some imps to check out - neither of us get credit after 5, 10 minutes of waiting, killing a player who just came to the zone gives no credit either

about 20 kills - zero credit. this is obviously not fun to play and if this is not a bug but a design its the first time i for real will start to doubt SWTOR future. because they really need to fire people who do game design like this.

i still hope its a bug. we need official response for that. right now noone is happy - on our server imps are like 25 people running in circles desperately trying to grab a crate, and about 15 reps who just do nothing - we dont get kills counted, but imps do not either, its just rediculous.

I haven't been to Ilum yet, but if what half of what people are saying here is true I can't help but shake my head in disgust.

This is what ... the second or third change to Ilum PVP that only made matters worse?

There is seriously something wrong with the design team at Bioware. Somebody needs to be fired or the way their quality assurance is measured needs to be redesigned.

Far too many problems are coming out with the patches. Problems that should have been obvious with just a few hours of internal testing.

At this rate, Bioware will be lucky to get me to resub even another month.

Basically if someone dies they give no valor for a period of time. This period of time has been extended. What it should be is if YOU kill a player they dont give YOU valor for a period of time. Is this too hard to code? If so then just shutdown your servers and quit the mmo industry, its a lost cause.

Delete Illum and start again...this whole game has failed PvP'ers consistantly...

That I can agree with, Ilum has been getting worse each time they touch it. I never thought I'd see the day that I miss the tank trades, at least we could get our daily done and people worked in smaller teams at the nodes for good-fights.

Then 85% of the kills I get on my server won't count.

Our server has fortunately been able to avoid the kill trading until now, but this might have broken the camel's back.

meh what we did was wipe the imps out, run out of mid, wait a few minutes go back in and slaughter them. worked.

In my opinion (tinfoil hat) is they don't want people farming tonight 5pm-9pm because you can get 50k valor every Tuesday and being that I am rank 59 that 50k is what I need for BM tonight.

I feel my situation mirrors a lot of other people so they "broke" ilum to avoid weekly pvp quest grinding tonight.

/tinfoil hat on

The sad part is these arent even fixes to the zone in itself. They have only tried to stop 'exploiting' and havent even begun to address how lame the zone is itself even if it were working. They have this epic zone set up with gun turrets you can get in and heavy walkers and stuff and theres no reason for any of it. I mean for gods sake, the walkers dont even move! So now, they centered the whole game around either cooperating with the enemy to get out of there asap or just riding laps while opening boxes that spawn soooooo slow. What was their actual plan with this zone? "Hey lets just open up a zone and let people run around and herp derp! That will be HUGE! Best pvp evar!" I mean come on. Create a war. Give it some sort of meaning. Time it so you get some build up at the gates and then release hell on the zone! As it stands, it feels like something you would find in a mmo like 10 years ago. WTB people who design fun games and dont plug fun into a formula and pat themselves on the back.

Yo if I'm forced to resort to picking up even more of those boxes in the middle I am going to be livid. It can take HOURS to get the damn 30 daily depending on how many folks are roaming the area.

The box game is really, really sickening.

I already got d/c'd in Illum and can't log back in now, because so many people are swarmed around me, the damn game wont *********** load.

Just more emphasis and how ****** this engine combined with the Illum really is..

Might be time to assemble the QRF Team, this is ****..

Edited by Opapanax

Basically if someone dies they give no valor for a period of time. This period of time has been extended. What it should be is if YOU kill a player they dont give YOU valor for a period of time. Is this too hard to code? If so then just shutdown your servers and quit the mmo industry, its a lost cause.

You realize they would have to track every player you killed, and when you killed them. And then do that for every player in the game. That's an inordinate amount of data, timers when you can just make the person not worth valor for x minutes. This worked perfectly in DAoC for ten years.

To those saying it should be one minute or less, this only helps the killswappers, and you schmucks that sit there and only get kills when you grapple someone.