1.1.2 Patch Notes - Ilum - Where are the real *********** patch notes?

Starbuckx

Today is patch day, fantastic, I've read the patch notes, some welcome changes can these guys turnaround a **** game that they have already ruined (whats a word thats worse than ****?) since release. Well its a start in the right direction.

Patch Notes

"Ilum

Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.

Players now receive notification when they kill a target that is not worth Valor due to being killed too recently. "

Its always good to know why you didn't get credit for some guy, so turn on the msg's.

So jump into Illum start killing peoplein the zerg..... no credit.

Buff some other people in other groups maybe their group is getting the kills.....no credit

Get some valor from killing someone...no credit

Kill a guy 2 on 1 ...no credit.

Deal about 50% dmg to someone....no credit.

No messages

Out of about 20 people dieing I get credit for about three. Why am I wasting my *********** time?

This is completely different to before the patch, so I check the patch notes as above...the only change to be made, it the error msg.

SO I ASK THE QUESTION, WHY ARE WE BEING LIED TO AND WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IT IS ACCEPTABLE.

WHAT THE **** HAVE YOU CHANGED TO THE WAY PLAYERS GET CREDIT FOR KILLS IN ILUM?

CAN YOU PLEASE PUBLISH THE REAL PATCH NOTES AND STOP COVERING UP FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES THAT YOU'RE MAKING TO THE GAME.

I CAN'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME BUT IT REALLY *********** ANNOYS ME WHEN I SPEND A LOT OF TIME, PLAYING A GAME, ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS STILL REALLY IN BETA (OR ALPHA IT COULD BE ARGUED) IN THE HOPE OF IT GETTING BETTER AND IT CONSISTANTLY GETS WORSE.

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT IS GOING TO BE BEFORE YOU ALIENATE YOUR WHOLE PLAYER BASE BIT BY BIT.

:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the patch last week (or the week before, I forget) they changed Ilum so that you don't get credit/valour from someone recently killed.

If you're zerging at the base, it's likely that everyone you're killing has been killed already, and as such is worth no valour/quest credit.

Caps means he's serious about this.

As an aside - i think it was in the last patch where anyone who has been killed within the last 5 minutes will no grant valor. Have to wait 5 minutes to kill them again.

Edited by alement

I also tested kills when defending our pad.

So they must have been alive at least 1 min or longer...if this is the case they go the timer wrong. IF this is the case just tell us what it is...**** sake we'll adpate, maybe for the better.

Nothing more frustrating than having to try and work **** like this out.

Caps means he's serious about this.

As an aside - i think it was in the last patch where anyone who has been killed within the last 5 minutes will no grant valor. Have to wait 5 minutes to kill them again.

But this patch they only introduced a msg to explain it, which isn't being displayed.

If it was a 5 min timer and its just gone in 1.1.2 that would explain it...but it has notbeen communicated and should have.

I also think this will kill illum even more than it already is.

So basically, now Bioware are inadvertantly encouraging kill trading. As now its pretty pointless to run in zerging if youre not going to get the kills counted.

This means people will create more organized kill trading groups to ensure people actually get their kills....

Bioware, you never cease to amaze.

So this potentially means that we can't get our dailies done in say 2 hours anymore?

So this either means one of three things.

1. They desired to increase the timesink.

2. They didn't realize that they were increasing the timesink.

3. It's a bug.

All three point to how incompetent the PvP team working on this game is.

Like many people who play this game I have to work for a living. I already have a 50 and want to level an alt. But I need to continue to farm bags for my Main. So I need to do dailies. Winning WZs is already hit or miss as it is... now this? Now I will have hardly any time to spend leveling my alt, and Bioware wants us to level alts don't they?

Guess it is back to farming boxes at central.

I suspect they shortened the time from death till the enemy gets credit. But didn't take into account the fact that people die really quick on Ilum. I swear to God, Bioware needs to hire the people that pay to play their game instead of these jokers.

I can't believe how strong the fail is with this game's PvP design. The whole team should be sacked. Immediately.

GG Bioware.

I believe the timer is 3 minutes for a recently killed player to give valor again.

Then 85% of the kills I get on my server won't count.

Our server has fortunately been able to avoid the kill trading until now, but this might have broken the camel's back.

Patch notes: Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

I'm guessing this may have a big effect on kill trading?

Ilum is going to be different. Not quite figured out how exactly yet. People are leaving the ops groups that normally stand farming the base camp now they realise they aren't getting anything from it. I wondered around the zone and unusually found quite a lot of imps running around the objectives, presumably looking for armaments, sadly no reps.

The BM bags are still a big incentive for pvp players so they are still going to want to get those dailies done. Maybe we will start to see groups forming to camp armament spawns but they are too slow to spawn. Maybe someone might actually start roaming looking for actual pvp kills, which could lead to other groups forming and so on. Could be positive, but I'm concerned that kill dailes are going to require a lot more time to complete so I wonder how many people will just skip the zone entirely. I guess we will see.

Edited by Jargonaut

The problem isn't limited to the kill timer - as a Republic player who is being farmed at our own base, the limited number of kills we're getting isn't counting.

On occasion we've seen bonus valour, but no non-bonus valour, and no credit towards dailys. At no point have I seen a message regarding the kill timer or a reason for no credit.

Can we get a response please regarding if this is a bug, or an intended change? If the later, what is the new mechanism for getting credit for kills?

I don't care if they made counting kills less frequent than before. Ilum was valor farming paradise, if they change that, fine. Good thing. But what they did.. Has anyone seen the message they said they added? I didn't. Does anyone get kills counting (say more often than every 50th guy that dies?) I don't.

I tried everything. Offending their base, defending ours, open battles, dying, killing, just buffing mates, doing nothing. Whatever, no kills count.

I hardly managed to do the daily and would really love to finish the weekly too. Did they cap it so you can't do it on one day?

IMO this planet is bugged and ****ed up as hell. They broke a broken planet.

My theory is that they AGAIN were to stupid to communicate with all their teams and that the patchnotes for Ilum aren't real. Another Hoax, fixes not fixed, added features not added.

BW, aprils fool is for the 1st of april, not every tuesday!

Server LoL. Ilum 1,2,3

On 1 we cant get zone quest. Some ppls count kills for daily, some only valor, some no kills no valor

On 3 we can take zone quest, but no1 cant get valor or kills.

On we can take quest, count valor and kills, but 0 rep, i tnik 3 broken for they.

Omg. Bioware GZ, nice path...