New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

YOU Are what is wrong with todays MMO genre, leave this thread, just because you want a World of Warcraft clone does NOT mean others do, go back to LFR.

Really? Because he wants functional and pleasant and informative to watch UI he is !@#!%!!@#!@ who needs to go back to WoW?

I guess all ppl wanting steering wheels to be comfortably feeling and well functional in cars today, like for example in high class Mercedes, need to **** and gather money for one, cause they sure should not get one in a 20k worth modest car and can **** and hit the first tree on the road?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested this and you are completely wrong.

It flashes whether the ability is usable or not. As a rage using class, just because the ability is off GCD does NOT mean it is usable.

Oh, come on! This is a GCD animation and not a "press this button next" addon.

The new ability bar cooldown effects are just... horrible. The very first ones were best for me imo (when the game was just released). Patch that changed them made them worser for me and now I am just unable to play. T_T BioWare bring back the original ability bar cooldown effects please! I do not understand why people complained about them in the first place, they were fine.

I never had a problem with the way they were at launch. The last version I didn't really like it and not sure why they changed to that in the first place.

Unbelievable how they took the original system, and being unable to fix a bug in GCD display in it, ruined it, and when ppl started complaining, instead of fixing it they just turned, the already bad iteration into something horrible.

Seriously, where are you headed BW?

^ This, I've been saying the same **** for ages. The first system was perfect, why pretty much every MMO adopt it (greyed out icons). Then, to fix a small bug with the GCD they decided to just make all icons lit up constantly and if that wasn't enough, now we're given the cluster**** of flashy icons that is the new UI. *** BW?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3870/ffsj.jpg

My UI goes like this every time I use an ability which is pretty much every second. How am I supposed to tell **** apart? How hard is it to make the CD fader a neutral color instead of blue? Most of my icons are blue. As if having them lit 24/7 wasn't enough, now they gotta flash every second too, meh.

Edited by darthtoph

I doubt ranged classes will feel this as much as a melee class, but come on - I just have to stare at my action bars relentlessly now. I can't tell when things are coming available in the middle of a GCD - Sent/Maur's are a focus based, priority system class - for instance, we have abilities that will reset another abilities CD (has a chance - cauterize) - now you can't tell that it came off CD clearly until the global is finished. If I get enough focus to hit merc slash, it's not apparent until the GCD is finished.

That's a flaw. This is a terrible design.

Personally I would have preferred the old greyed out look plus a red number counting down the seconds in front of the center of the icon.

I understand though that this is an improvement in a different direction which makes it so you dont have to actually look down or to the side all the way to see when a CD is available. You can focus on the center of the screen better.

After what little playtime I had I think this is a solid patch. I notice FPS improvements again, and thank god for the perma sprint after death (yes, Im serious).

This ^^ /sign

thread complete, plz fix.

This new cooldown thing is terrible. I much preferred the one prior to this patch. I didn't have any problem with those graphics at all. Now it's much more confusing what's available and what isn't because everything flashes because of the global cooldown.

Some are good at theory though lacking a bit practice - it doesn't work, but they know why.

Some are good at practice though lacking at theory - they don't know why, but it works.

BW have blended theory and practice - it doesn't work and they don't know why.

:D

i'm sorry but i have to laugh. so many people were compaining about the cool downs.. and now they've come up with a way to show it and so many are not complaining about the fix, now we need to patch in a fix for the fix for your prefered play style. instead of adapting you immdiately go to i can't play with this at all.

it happens, even blizzard changed their indications and it still got bad reviews at first... so many say learn from previous mmos to BW/EA... well lets now reverse this: players, learn from past mmo's things change and you have to adapt or fail.

Darth Freki

I like it, it is very clear now.

You people complain about anything.

Number countdown would be my preferred choice though.

The UI is HOW WE PLAY THE GAME.

playing the game is arguably the most important part of the game.

You apparently do not understand the issue

Please go away.

Edited by Wazooty

Log a healer. go to a raid/pvp. Tell me that 50% of your time is not spent working out if people are in range or not of your heals instead of healing them....

I play a healer, my Ops frame tells me if they are in range... add in the fact that it goes dark/dark red if they are out of range.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

Log a healer. go to a raid/pvp. Tell me that 50% of your time is not spent working out if people are in range or not of your heals instead of healing them....

Ok, not playing a healer, but I checked my abilities when out of range and even when GCD is still up they have a reddish tint. Are you saying yours don't or that you can't tell the difference?

i'm sorry but i have to laugh. so many people were compaining about the cool downs.. and now they've come up with a way to show it and so many are not complaining about the fix, now we need to patch in a fix for the fix for your prefered play style. instead of adapting you immdiately go to i can't play with this at all.

it happens, even blizzard changed their indications and it still got bad reviews at first... so many say learn from previous mmos to BW/EA... well lets now reverse this: players, learn from past mmo's things change and you have to adapt or fail.

Darth Freki

Or we can try to improve it.

Stop living in ignorance. Stop being happy with a mediocre product. People like you are the reason this game will never reach its potential.

The "its fine, adapt" attitude is silly.

I AGREE !!

Jesus, I have a headache after one hour of the techno mind blurring hotbar effect.

Can you believe after a patch, an intended fix actually made an issue worse than before?

Please bring back the old hotbar, the new one is annoying and confusing mostly.

this new UI change blows goats... why not change it back to the way you had it though all of beta before you started screwing it up

I wouldn't argue with bringing back the original. I never had problems with that as I said before. Does anyone know what the problem was with the launch version and why they changed it?

Please go away.

LOL!! oh we understand the issue..

cry about wanting a change, you get the change and then you cry about having to get used to it again..

Please go away.

I understand perfectly thanks you very much.

I cast a spell, I get a bright icon down all bars, since they are on cd for 1.5 secs.

My long cd spells are now brightly lit if they are on cd.

I'm not a fan of the UI, I can't wait till I can edit it, but the ability cd's are fine, only a idiot can't tell when a ability is on or off cd.