WTB Better Set Bonuses!

Xerain

I support this. I mean one of the jug bonuses on their dps PvP set is "after using force charge all damage is increased by 10% for..." a few seconds, don't recall off hand how long it was for or if it was the 2 or 4 piece bonus but it kicks the **** out of our set bonuses.

Part of the problem imho is that we only get access to 1 set, because they decided we should be switched down to medium armor from hvy armor. So we don't really get any options, where as other classes normally have 3.

We got screwed up on both design wise and bonus sets.

Dunno what orange chest I'll be using when I'll be able to extract armoring mods as it's impossible to have access to the heavy lv40 pvp jugg one, nor to the basic cloack+hood we were promised. When I see Juggs wearing any look we can have plus more, it's flaggerstabbing.

/signed

Vicious 15 range as annihilation has extremely strong synergy. Also as rage, 45 sec cd on undying is lols. You pretty much have it available on every fight.

Juggs 10% more damage after charge is situational. It can lead to a more powerful smash, but smash is a gimmick build and can be countered easily. Provided that you can have a perfect damage rotation is huge, but I don't remember pvp being about perfect rotations.

The vast difference in specs for the marauder is the reason our set bonuses suck, and BW doesn't want to give us more than 1 set. So there only choice is to give us 2 generic bonuses.

So lets try to determine what they can do to change it rather than complain.

You cant buff any specific abilities/buffs in a spec because it would make it that spec much more valuable for the armor. So these are out:

Massacre

Gore

Ataru Form

Force Crush

Obliterate

Annhilate

Deadly Sabers

Blood Frenzy

Shockwave

Any specific abilities available to all specs but only a particular one is singled out are out.

Rupture(Annihilation)

Force Scream(Carnage)

Smash(Rage)

Force Camouflage (annihilation, Carnage)

Undying Rage(this one can be argued)

Unleash(Rage)

Now lets remove anything with a Cooldown of longer than 2 minutes as Buffing those abilities would not make any sense as the frequency of the usability of that move is not worth it:

Saber Ward

Force Choke

Frenzy

Blood Thirst

Lets remove the simplest of abilities that will never be buffed:

Assault

Savage Kick

Pummel Strike

Predation(this one can be argued)

Call on the Force

Disable Driod

And we are left with:

Battering Assault

Retaliate

Cloak of Pain

Vicious Slash

Crippling Slash

Deadly Throw

Obfuscate

Berserk

Forgive me if i forgot any abilities... Heres what they can do:

Battering Assault:

An increase in damage would be pointless. An increase in rage generation would be good, or further CD reduction. But thats about it with this one

Retaliate:

This one would be cool. reduce rage cost to 1 or 2. That would make retaliate worth getting, but then the only ppl using it would be the upper echelons of gear holders. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad.

Cloak of Pain:

Increase max time, or minimum time, and increase damage returned, maybe even give a 20% chance to refund rage, but that would make Cloak of Carnage talent pointless. unless this 20% is on a seperate roll, making it possible to generate 2 rage on a strike.

Vicious Slash:

There are talent that already reduce rage so thats out, There are forms that can make berserkd Vicious slash insta crit, thats out. There are even moves that replace this ability completely or give it a straight up crit increase. So because of all this, Vicous slash has to be out of the running completely.

Crippling slash

Cant reduce rage cost because of rage talent, but can increase movement speed debuff or damage. not that worth it IMO.

Deadly Throw

Reduced rage would be nice, increased damage, reduced cooldown, all good things, but Carnage would take an extra liking to that making it benefit that spec more.

Obfuscate

Make it do damage, reduce cooldown, turn it into an interrupt as well. Not that worth it IMO.

Berserk

This change i think would rock, it benefits all the specs. it would make a great 2 piece set bonus

Adds two extra charges to Berserk. increases duration by 5(or 10) seconds.

This wasnt ont he list but can also happen, would make a great 4 piece set bonus.

Depending on the form it could provide a bonus:

Juyo: each hit now grants 3% damage bonus instead of 2%

Ataru: Ataru strikes now hit for 30% more damage

Shi Cho: 10% additional ArmorPen or 3% damage and reduced damage bonus to the form.

Also you can do the generic "after using X your X now does X more damage for X seconds."

Anyway my thoughts, nothing more.

Edited by AcaciaDragon

i actually like the way our pvp gear looks...

oh there is always operative armor too :p

Sith should have black robes. Sith shouldn't have to resort to wearing agent gear.

THIS IS STARWARS for cryin' out loud...

That said, the pvp set is growing on me. But its the first set I've seen since level 20 that I can stand.

Why we aren't allowed access to the robe look is beyond me. The Sith Warrior progression video set us up.

Can't belive you wrote of Force choke.. a bonus to improve force choke duration would be awesome.

Also why couldnt we get a damage % buff after charge like juggs/guardians? just why..

Retaliation bonus would be blerh

Can't belive you wrote of Force choke.. a bonus to improve force choke duration would be awesome.

Also why couldnt we get a damage % buff after charge like juggs/guardians? just why..

Retaliation bonus would be blerh

Because standing in place for a longer duration is so much more appealing.

Sorry for the sarcasm...but seriously, no one wants to make one of our channeled abilities channel even longer.

Yep completely agree.

Need something much better, I use champion gear and the extra 15 seconds off of 99% damage reduction skill is useless, chances are if I pop it I'm not going to be alive in 45 seconds anyway.

Needs to be swapped to something like reducing the cooldown of choke or one of our barrier abilities.

The vast difference in specs for the marauder is the reason our set bonuses suck, and BW doesn't want to give us more than 1 set. So there only choice is to give us 2 generic bonuses.

So lets try to determine what they can do to change it rather than complain.

You cant buff any specific abilities/buffs in a spec because it would make it that spec much more valuable for the armor. So these are out:

Massacre

Gore

Ataru Form

Force Crush

Obliterate

Annhilate

Deadly Sabers

Blood Frenzy

Shockwave

Any specific abilities available to all specs but only a particular one is singled out are out.

Rupture(Annihilation)

Force Scream(Carnage)

Smash(Rage)

Force Camouflage (annihilation, Carnage)

Undying Rage(this one can be argued)

Unleash(Rage)

Now lets remove anything with a Cooldown of longer than 2 minutes as Buffing those abilities would not make any sense as the frequency of the usability of that move is not worth it:

Saber Ward

Force Choke

Frenzy

Blood Thirst

Lets remove the simplest of abilities that will never be buffed:

Assault

Savage Kick

Pummel Strike

Predation(this one can be argued)

Call on the Force

Disable Driod

And we are left with:

Battering Assault

Retaliate

Cloak of Pain

Vicious Slash

Crippling Slash

Deadly Throw

Obfuscate

Berserk

Forgive me if i forgot any abilities... Heres what they can do:

Battering Assault:

An increase in damage would be pointless. An increase in rage generation would be good, or further CD reduction. But thats about it with this one

Retaliate:

This one would be cool. reduce rage cost to 1 or 2. That would make retaliate worth getting, but then the only ppl using it would be the upper echelons of gear holders. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad.

Cloak of Pain:

Increase max time, or minimum time, and increase damage returned, maybe even give a 20% chance to refund rage, but that would make Cloak of Carnage talent pointless. unless this 20% is on a seperate roll, making it possible to generate 2 rage on a strike.

Vicious Slash:

There are talent that already reduce rage so thats out, There are forms that can make berserkd Vicious slash insta crit, thats out. There are even moves that replace this ability completely or give it a straight up crit increase. So because of all this, Vicous slash has to be out of the running completely.

Crippling slash

Cant reduce rage cost because of rage talent, but can increase movement speed debuff or damage. not that worth it IMO.

Deadly Throw

Reduced rage would be nice, increased damage, reduced cooldown, all good things, but Carnage would take an extra liking to that making it benefit that spec more.

Obfuscate

Make it do damage, reduce cooldown, turn it into an interrupt as well. Not that worth it IMO.

Berserk

This change i think would rock, it benefits all the specs. it would make a great 2 piece set bonus

Adds two extra charges to Berserk. increases duration by 5(or 10) seconds.

This wasnt ont he list but can also happen, would make a great 4 piece set bonus.

Depending on the form it could provide a bonus:

Juyo: each hit now grants 3% damage bonus instead of 2%

Ataru: Ataru strikes now hit for 30% more damage

Shi Cho: 10% additional ArmorPen or 3% damage and reduced damage bonus to the form.

Also you can do the generic "after using X your X now does X more damage for X seconds."

Anyway my thoughts, nothing more.

What about charge?

Like that wouldn't be an actual thought. reduced CD on force charge...

I think our set bonuses are pretty good. So many times i was able to finish someone off, only because the range of my throw was longer, otherwise he would have escaped because charge was on CD or he'd get pulled up by his sorc friend on hutball or something like that. And it's awesome to be able to throw your saber like that, just looks and feels good.

And for the Undying Rage cooldown, it's good too, could be a bit bigger decrease in CD though, but i'd pick it over any other set bonus any day. Undying Rage is one of the best cooldowns in this game, turned the tide of so many fights for me. The talent reducing it's CD even further in the Rage tree was what was keeping me with the rage spec for few weeks, untill i finally decided to change to Annihilation, and that talent is the only thing i miss from rage tree. Our set bonuses are fine, really.

I think our set bonuses are pretty good. So many times i was able to finish someone off, only because the range of my throw was longer, otherwise he would have escaped because charge was on CD or he'd get pulled up by his sorc friend on hutball or something like that. And it's awesome to be able to throw your saber like that, just looks and feels good.

And for the Undying Rage cooldown, it's good too, could be a bit bigger decrease in CD though, but i'd pick it over any other set bonus any day. Undying Rage is one of the best cooldowns in this game, turned the tide of so many fights for me. The talent reducing it's CD even further in the Rage tree was what was keeping me with the rage spec for few weeks, untill i finally decided to change to Annihilation, and that talent is the only thing i miss from rage tree. Our set bonuses are fine, really.

I don't find myself needing to use UD enough for the CD reduction to be worth it as annihilation spec.

To be honest i feel the 4pc is 2pc worthy at best... We should get the +5m on saber throw put to our 2pc and then a reduced cd on Charge.

yeah but a 2 sec reduced CD would help ALL specs... maybe 3.

Yeah but Rage spec also has a second gap closer, as small as it map be, its still a gap closer, its why i didnt include it in my long winded post back there....I did orginially but changed my mind and forgot to put it back where it should go.

Sith should have black robes. Sith shouldn't have to resort to wearing agent gear.

THIS IS STARWARS for cryin' out loud...

That said, the pvp set is growing on me. But its the first set I've seen since level 20 that I can stand.

Why we aren't allowed access to the robe look is beyond me. The Sith Warrior progression video set us up.

I dunno about you, but the spikes on my shoulders shout "SITH" ;)

I think the set bonus should be based off our class mechanic. It could buff fury gains in pvp, like 2 set pvp bonus - gain 1 fury when you hit someone and 4 set when predation is active affected people deal 5% more damage and heal for 5% more. Giving you utility in pvp and maybe helping you get invited to premades (premades on my server seem to be 3 sorcs and 1 jug)

Possible pve set bonuses to me could be something like while berserk is active you get 15% crit - would be fine with all specs - and it would also promote the use of these abilities. 4 set could be also based off of bloodthirst. reducing its cd by say 15-30 seconds to help once again with utility of the class.

Me personally i dont bother with frenzy except for start of the fight and rage reduction on vicious throw is just too circumstancial to bother esp theres no rage issues for me.

You can change the Undying Rage bonus on the pvp set. In fact I encourage you to change it. However, don't you dare touch my 15m execute, or I'll send a squad of rabid monkeys to chew off your ********s in the middle of the night.

They certainly do -need- to give us better set bonuses since the vast majority (if not all from what I've seen) get bonuses to critical chance from certain abilities uses or outright damage increases.

Giving us 15 seconds off a move we generally only use once in a raid fight as is.... is underwhelming.

I will say that snipers pretty much need an overhaul too though not just Marauders. The rest seem fine.

Assault is not out it is also on the PvE set of the assassin that their autoattack(saberstrike called though) regenerates force.

So we could get assault with +1 rage as an example.

Also very easy would be to get ALL specs to increase Force Damage by 5% (scream, smash, dots) you see where this is going?

Critical rate of white hits and you could go on and on and on. All trees have similarities you could buff.

They certainly do -need- to give us better set bonuses since the vast majority (if not all from what I've seen) get bonuses to critical chance from certain abilities uses or outright damage increases.

Giving us 15 seconds off a move we generally only use once in a raid fight as is.... is underwhelming.

I will say that snipers pretty much need an overhaul too though not just Marauders. The rest seem fine.

If you use that once a raid fight...you're gimping your dps. But I agree, it is not 4 piece worthy. That's why I'm going to be sporting imperial pilot outfit once I get enough 58 armorings.

Edited by Nessirin

Assault is not out it is also on the PvE set of the assassin that their autoattack(saberstrike called though) regenerates force.

So we could get assault with +1 rage as an example.

Also very easy would be to get ALL specs to increase Force Damage by 5% (scream, smash, dots) you see where this is going?

Critical rate of white hits and you could go on and on and on. All trees have similarities you could buff.

bh's pve dps armor is just retarded good...

They could always just you know make different sets of armor for each of our specs in pve. which i'm not worried about as i'm pvp'er but i support mara/sent love.