Whats your bubble strategy?

ugig

Nothing more annoying than to come up on an enemy, toss down your 2-3 biggest burst dmg attacks and see nothing but "Absorbed" comming up, and if its the begining of the game its highly likely that their bubble is rdy to be recast meaning your going through 5-6 GCD's before you start to see dmg.

For me, if I know they have a bubble up, as a pyro I start with a fusion missile, nice front end dmg with a decent DoT to start eating the shield, Then I use incend missile to double the dot and eat more shield, then I go normal rotation.

What do you more experienced PvP'rs use to deal with seeing so much of your damage absorbed? pls post your class and spec.

Once you get past the Sorc's bubble they are usually squishy after that... Unless they have full champ gear or are a healer spec. I usually hit them untill the bubble goes down, then afterwards if my attacks do a lot of damage to his HP % wise, I will continue. If not, I move on to a new target.

That's in the situation if I am alone in 1v1 PvP.

Nothing more annoying than to come up on an enemy, toss down your 2-3 biggest burst dmg attacks and see nothing but "Absorbed" comming up, and if its the begining of the game its highly likely that their bubble is rdy to be recast meaning your going through 5-6 GCD's before you start to see dmg.

For me, if I know they have a bubble up, as a pyro I start with a fusion missile, nice front end dmg with a decent DoT to start eating the shield, Then I use incend missile to double the dot and eat more shield, then I go normal rotation.

What do you more experienced PvP'rs use to deal with seeing so much of your damage absorbed? pls post your class and spec.

your 2-3 biggest combined to deal ~3K-3.5K damage? This looks like a l2p issue.

operative: stab stab stab

same strat applies for everything

ps bubble is just extra HP, this thread is retarded

Bubble is ~4k of total dmg absorbsion, now I know an Operative has stabs that do 4k+ dmg in one shot so its is prolly easy for you, but this thread was to find more than just your strategy (or lack there-of it seems) but to find/discuss strategies for those classes that dont have 4k+ hits everywhere on their hot bars and the ability to just slip away when 3 hits dont kill their intended target.

On a side note, you feel this thread is retarded, yet you responded with your lack of strategy rather quickly, where does that put you?

I finally got far enough in my talent build to put a point into "Your Static Barrier absorbs 10%/20% more damage."

I FINALLY am getting a 2.5k medal for having my bubble popped...

1-49 bubble = 2.5k WITH TALENTS

I really, really doubt even battlemaster gear gets the Static Barrier to 4k.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

your 2-3 biggest combined to deal ~3K-3.5K damage? This looks like a l2p issue.

Thermal Detonator is about 2500-3500 depending on the target, Rail shot ~2500, Power Shot ~1700. As a pyro merc those are my biggest hitters, maybe it is a L2P issue.....which is why I started this thread to get some different ideas and see if there are different things I can do, but I am sure you have never asked a question to try to improve your game play in your life, my bad for not matching up to your insta skill.

Thermal Detonator is about 2500-3500 depending on the target, Rail shot ~2500, Power Shot ~1700. As a pyro merc those are my biggest hitters, maybe it is a L2P issue.....which is why I started this thread to get some different ideas and see if there are different things I can do, but I am sure you have never asked a question to try to improve your game play in your life, my bad for not matching up to your insta skill.

Learn to stack your relic and adrenals.

Also learn to attack when they freshly cast bubble. Attacking at any other time is plainly stupid as they will double bubble on you.

If you dont see the static charge debuff on them, they will triple bubble you.

Edited by Yeochins

I finally got far enough in my talent build to put a point into "Your Static Barrier absorbs 10%/20% more damage."

I FINALLY am getting a 2.5k medal for having my bubble popped...

1-49 bubble = 2.5k WITH TALENTS

I really, really doubt even battlemaster gear gets the Static Barrier to 4k.

Then how is my Thermal detonator and Railshot plus incend missile showing as absorbed? TD is at minimum 2500, Rail is close to 2500 or more and incend is 800 or so plust 200-300 dot ticks

Learn to stack your relic and adrenals.

Also learn to attack when they freshly cast bubble. Attacking at any other time is plainly stupid as they will double bubble on you.

If you dont see the static charge debuff on them, they will triple bubble you.

And Double Bubble = Double Trouble

try asking questions without exaggerating your issues and making up BS statistics, maybe it'll make your thread look like less of a troll thread.

bubble doesn't absorb 4K, even for battlemaster sorcerers. It goes up to around ~3.5K at very high end gears and talented. Nowhere close to the 6-7K you're implying.

Edited by Acyu

If your biggest burst damage does not bring down the bubble then you have bigger issues. Most of the numbers you see from burst damage will lower a max shield in one hit, and still have extra damage.

My bubble strategy is to first let the tub fill up, then I dunk the bubble shampoo deep in the middle of it, spurt it good; next I take my rubber duck and blend in biiig circular motions creating a miniature whirlwind until it's all a bubbly spinning chaos. Then I splash in and watch as the bubble foam explodes across the room!

That is my bubble strategy.

On a less serious note, I try never to crit on the bubble so that it absorbs 3 skills instead of one. I recommend the Absorb floating text be amended to "Lol Absorb!", it would increase the fun factor in hitting the bubbles by at least 137%, possibly even more (impossible to say without combat logs tbh).

My bubble strategy is to first let the tub fill up, then I dunk the bubble shampoo deep in the middle of it, spurt it good; next I take my rubber duck and blend in biiig circular motions creating a miniature whirlwind until it's all a bubbly spinning chaos. Then I splash in and watch as the bubble foam explodes across the room!

That is my bubble strategy.

On a less serious note, I try never to crit on the bubble so that it absorbs 3 skills instead of one. I recommend the Absorb floating text be amended to "Lol Absorb!", it would increase the fun factor in hitting the bubbles by at least 137%, possibly even more (impossible to say without combat logs tbh).

Screw "Lol Absorb!"

Lets just go with, "Umad?" =D

Because you're exaggerating how much of your damage is being absorbed.

My normal opener is Thermal Detonator followed by incend missile (800 dmg plust dot ticks) then into a railshot, just before the railshot thermal detonator explodes (2500-3500) then rail hits (2000-2500)

Out of all that there have been times where I only saw about 500 dmg and the rest said Absorbed, now whether this is due to just bubble, or double bubble, or bubble + guard (not likely due to having seen it in 1v1 situations) or some other ability I am not aware of I dont know.

All I have done was come here and report what I see, and speculate what it is, and ask how others deal with it to try to improve my play, but thanks for attacking me for it, its been a real help ;)

Due simply to how medals for healing are awarded... we're telling you that a bolstered bubble WITH TALENTS TO IMPROVE it are just over 2.5k absorbed damage.

Battlemaster gear does not add 1.5-2.5k absorbtion on top of that.

My guess is you're missing damage numbers you're getting. Bubbles just don't absorb as much as you're saying they do.