Thana Vesh is so damn hot, make her my companion [Petition]

Taramriel

You know, after Treek it occured to me that perhaps, for Imperial characters who chose not to kill her, they should make Thana Vesh purchasable. Better her than an Ewok anyway.

I'd be cool with that. IMO an Ewok feels out of place, anyway.

Vesh would probably join my BH and she and Mako can fight for his affections.

That does raise the question, who would Republic characters get as a counter to Vesh and an alternate to Treek?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on agreement with this, as there are way too much Human characters in the Old Republic and personally I would take an Abyssin over Thana. You cannot make every character who has an interesting story into a companion because then you are just breaking the point of the game, Non-companions cannot just be drones. I mean if you look at characters like Thana, Commander Madine, The Shroud, Jonas Balkar, Jiyan-Dar, Seh-run and many others. You can't just say I want them as a Companion because then you are isolating the rest of NPCs and turning them into thoughtless drones. Seh-run although a brief appearance I thought had a more memorable and interesting story.

It would create more consequence to choice, though. Depending on what you did, you may or may not get a companion.

If you can purchase her they should make her stay true to her character as presented in the game. She takes credit for everything you do and always gets defeated and captured by everything you fight and complains bitterly when you bring her back from being knocked out.

One of the negative things I have heard about Thana Vesh was that she is a shriek-proned moron.

It made me wonder why the Marvel character X-23 is so popular. I loved the Xmen:Evolution cartoon and the only chapters I hated were the ones with her in it because she was a shriek-proned spaz yet they say this was what launched her into the comics?

I think one of the issues people have with Thana is that she reacts very differently depending on how your character responds to her. If you face her aggression with aggression of your own, then yes, she does turn into a fire spewing harpy. It's very hard to like her when she's in your face threatening to kill you. When you choose the more teasing, imperturbable responses, though, she becomes flustered and doesn't know quite how to handle you.

Thana grew up as a spoiled rich Sith who had no boundaries in any respect. Like any child with no real parenting, she does whatever she wants with virtually no consequences. Now here's your character, showing her up at every turn, taking her glory away, frustrating the hell out of her. If you respond with hostility, naturally she's going to lash out at you. When you brush her off or even [Flirt] with her she's still a grumbler but it's got a lot less bite because she's not sure what to do with you. She can't seem to just ignore you, though.

I think that's what people find ultimately endearing about her character. She just can't leave you alone. Whether it's from a sense of wanting to finally one up you or just because she's drawn to the aspect of you that isn't intimidated at all by her, she can't seem to leave you alone. Even her mail to you after you finish Taris is something of a "don't forget about me" note. A lot of the current Companions in the game are with you until the end in a very subservient kind of way. Having a companion like Thana, who's with you in a very competitive capacity would add a lot of spice. Lord knows there's plenty of material to create a story for her.

I was expecting Thana to be a lot more awful than I found her to be, based on some comments. But as soon as I figured out that the [Flirt] options were more like [Tease] options, I thought she was rather amusing. Though I personally wouldn't want her for a Companion, I can definitely see her as a comic relief/sidekick sort of character.

They'd need to think up a good reason for her to follow and listen to an Agent or Bounty Hunter though . . . in terms of game play, non-Sith may be able to trounce Sith (suuure, my Smuggler can take on a Sith Lord or two, no problem!), but in terms of story it would be a bit iffy. But I'm sure they could think of some reason for Thana to not, y'know, murder Gault and Kaliyo and all those annoying non-Sith crew members. :p

I agree it would be ify to have Thana follow a non-Sith around but I don't see why it would be impossible (ignoring technicalities like coding and voice acting and whatnot). She got along with my BH just fine at the end, once she realized that all attempts at one upping me would only end in more of me making her PO'd :D Getting her frustrated was honestly the highlight of Taris for me, the only reason I have to enjoy that nightmare of a planet. And the email from her afterwards was just adorable, you can't tell me no one in the devs at least considered bringing her back for more.

I don't know how it would work, but all the same consider this my support in bringing Thana back, in some form or another. Companion would be nice but I'd settle for another round of competition and teasing her someplace away from Taris.

Edit: Highly doubt it ever will happen. I might have jumped the gun in responding to this post before I saw how many people admitted to killing her. I already stated my case in wanting to see her again but I can already see the issues this would bring up.

Edited by ZakRinWolf

Why have premade companions at all? This game really lacks in the freedom and customization department, it learned nothing from its venerable predecessor SW:G. Sort of like the nemesis in Champions Online.

If Bioware were smart, they'd give you four-five preset characters and 1-2 random characters. For example, when you save the mercs from the drill shaft that implodes on Makeb, you'd get to recruit one of them.

And here you'd be prompted to a character creation screen, in which you chose gender, race, companion class, voice (given a few choices by the already existing voice actors), allignment, goals and motivation, appearance - all from a set number of choices that would give you the opportunity to make unique companions.

Why on earth does my BH not kill Gault? It makes zero sense. Why on earth does the warrior accept a Talz comp? Why do my BH not simply ditch Skagg who hates my guys? Etc.

We're just strong-armed into making choices that does not fit realistically or logically with our characters. This among other reasons is why this game clearly is a bad roleplaying game and I just skip all conversations. The only reason I'd ever read the conversations is because I want my allignment to shift either way - which is just a comfort because I can buy my companions' affection anyway. And the story doesn't change regardless of what I do, so why bother?

Because there is no action-reaction or cause-effect in this game, just let us have more freedom to customize our companions, our ship, our gear, our characters (4 body options? Please) etc, so we at least get the feeling that we're playing an RPG.

• 3 weeks later...

Thana is really cute, for an evil self-centered young lady. She's impulsive and arrogant but shows great promise. I'd like to see her experience some personal growth. Her youthful tendency for arrogance has probably only been fed by her Sith training. Some other Sith show some hard-earned wisdom and I think it would be interesting to see Thana blossom into more than she is during the Taris adventure.

I would have left Taris after completing the bounty on the Mandalorian traitor. I don't really care if the Empire ruins the Republic's plans to resettle Taris or not. However, Thana and her mistaken impulse for Drama was too entertaining to leave behind. I stuck around just to get on her nerves.

My Powertech is a female and I would love to have Thana as a girl/girl Romance option. Same-sex romance options should exist. The Star Wars universe is full of diversity and love = love. Personally, I can't imagine a male character trying to romance Thana. She's more than most men could handle. I'm pretty sure my Powertech could firmly but gently guide Thana into becoming a more complex and self-actualized being.

Or, as just a companion, a Powertech with a Sith Warrior comp would be great. I just got the young Mandalore comp and have yet to really see how a melee comp would work with my Powertech yet. I have to gear him out first.

Edited by rlafferty

Now that I went back and read all the previous posts, I feel like Thana was written to be a comedic wanna-be nemesis. Like B-ko in the "Project A-ko" animated series. Or that annoying high-pitched bimbo that followed Lena around in The Slayers movie. Anyone who really takes Thana seriously enough to be offended by her ridiculous buffoonery is making a mistake. She would be a really amusing person to spend time with.

If I had the option I would have killed her from the moment she barged in Darth Gravus' office to claim my victory for her own.

Her only useful moment is when she... nope, nothing comes to mind.

I played my character as an Imperial Loyalist, and even I killed her. Ya see, I couldn't risk her eventually killing Gravus and taking his job.

Edited by LordGarmaZabi

If I had the option I would have killed her from the moment she barged in Darth Gravus' office to claim my victory for her own.

Her only useful moment is when she... nope, nothing comes to mind.

Pretty much how I felt as well. Thana was boring, uninteresting, and above all useless.

Thana Vesh is to me one of the most interesting characters in the game and one whose potential is blindingly apparent.

I would like her to be my companion! She's already programmed into the game with all the voice acting complete too!

I don't want to kill her so please, make her a companion! She is far superior to that Jedi the Inquisitors get. And much more attractive too, that waist, those hips, that hair! :rolleyes: Ok I get she's not real, but in this game, I want her as my companion (for the third time!)

Anyone agree/disagree?

Disagree, she was unpleasant and stupid, besides she had no vision or caution, all's she cared about was destroying/torturing things, that and I just hated her as a person, killing her was one of the most satisfying moments of the game for me:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/SeeMeSmile123/wohooo_zpsc43c185a.png

(This coming from a Light Side player too!)

Edited by MadelineMadrigal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I feel that Thana would make an outstanding Companion and to be honest I was way disappointed that I did not get the option to add her to my crew.

I just finished the series involving Thana for the 1st time ever (stopped playing Tor almost 2 years ago and just came back) and I liked the interaction between my Character and Thana and I was just waiting for the option to add her to my list of companions that never came!

I let her live in hope that I may someday get the chance to add her has a companion.

I know that I've only been back playing TOR for about 5 days now but I can honestly say that I'd be willing to pay for a Thana Companion if it were possible ;)