Cancelled and deleted my characters.

Zederok

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to implement cross server queues. I'm tired of getting into matches against the same Republic premades in full BM gear and getting steamrolled.

There just aren't enough people queuing on my server to get pugs vs. pugs. Cross server queues would make this possible and all the folks with their organized teams on vent can play each other while we plebians can noob it up in disorganized matches.

I mean how fun can it really be for folks in full BM gear to steamroll teams of fresh 50's with zero challenge each game?

pvp 1-49 was a blast for me, at 50 it's just terrible.

when they removed 10-50 they tossed solo queue out the window, its what you all wanted and now you want another change?

everyone cryed for a 50's bracket but now they cry that they are in the 50's bracket.......

just grind it out, gear up and if you are good then you will win, if you are bad you will lose, these are facts of life.....get used to it

As someone who played wow long before BG's were even in the game. All I remember were hour+ long queues and running to the bg entrace to queue. Yes it was fun playing against people from your own server, but I find it more fun to get instant queues and fewer matchups against premades when I'm soloing.

Cause face it, I play this game for fun, and it's just not fun getting steamrolled by premade teams over and over again. Blizzard recognized the problem with same server queues, queue times and the problem with pugs vs. premades and made cross server queues.

This. People who say things like cross server ques ruined the community either have short-term memories or never played in Vanilla WoW. I'm betting it's the latter.

Yeah, no cross server queues, please. We have strong rivalries even in Rep vs Rep huttball matches.

I understand the rivalries. Could we get some sort of medium. The following idea I think would work:

Do same server search for the first ~5 min (or however long). IF AND ONLY IF a game isn't found on the same server within the first ~5 or so minutes, THEN expand search to cross server. This would allow rivalries to still exists while curbing extra long queue times.

See you GW 2, hopefully their developers read these forums.

Why, if GW2 is gonna be so epic, aren't you playing GW1? A seasoned MMO player like yourself could probably tell long before now how much better GW2 was gonna be...so...why did you leave GW1 to come here?

This. People who say things like cross server ques ruined the community either have short-term memories or never played in Vanilla WoW. I'm betting it's the latter.

I played Vanilla WoW. It was my favorite time in WoW. My server had short queues and awesome rivalries before x-realm BGs.

Hordeside queues were nearly instant, Alliance had to wait a little longer, but my server had it really good.

Then X-realm BGs came in. Did our queues get faster? Nope, they were already fast. So what did we get? A bunch of people we didn't want to play with stuck in our BGs and legions of nameless enemies.

My server in WoW was fine before X-realm BGs and my server in SWTOR is fine now (usually less than a minute queues on Empire side).

I don't want X-realm because it offers me nothing I don't already have while giving me stuff I don't want.

when they removed 10-50 they tossed solo queue out the window, its what you all wanted and now you want another change?

everyone cryed for a 50's bracket but now they cry that they are in the 50's bracket.......

just grind it out, gear up and if you are good then you will win, if you are bad you will lose, these are facts of life.....get used to it

You're not good just because you have friends who can farm pubs all day. That's not to say that you aren't, but as long as you hide behind the current que system we'll never know.

Good Riddance.

Get rid of most of the idiots early on and maybe the game can be a tad more enjoyable.

Have fun with Skyrim lul.

You guys laugh and joke but enough people leave and you have no game to play. Premaids are a problem for the average joe who doesn't have all day to play video games. I have seen people leave my guild and the game already because of problems like this. No one should have left this game this early. Less money for BW means less content updates and less people playing that's bad for the game. I've seen a lot of post like this over the last year. Yes I was in beta for a long time, I thought these things would be fixed by now.

Thats why you quit? Instanced pvp premades?And you even deleted toons over this? Wow... I can think of numerous reasons to quit SWTOR and premades in instancced pvp isn't even anywhere on the list.. seeing that people will.. get this.. que for instanced pvp in premades... in any MMO that has the terrible idea known as instanced pvp.

Or they're in a group of premades steamrolling pugs, and the thought of an even and balanced field frightens them. That's my bet.

BGs were already nothing but a grind and the cross server queues reinforced that.

I was there for vanilla, I remember when the only way you could get any honor on a PvE server was TM/SS. I remember 30 min to 1 hour queues. I was one of the many who was excited when they did cross-server queues.

BW has found the correct way to fix the problem, a cross-faction WZ such as Huttball. I'm sure as the game matures, there will be additional cross-faction WZ's to help relieve the monotony, until then, there is no need for cross-server queues.

I played Vanilla WoW. It was my favorite time in WoW. My server had short queues and awesome rivalries before x-realm BGs.

Hordeside queues were nearly instant, Alliance had to wait a little longer, but my server had it really good.

Then X-realm BGs came in. Did our queues get faster? Nope, they were already fast. So what did we get? A bunch of people we didn't want to play with stuck in our BGs and legions of nameless enemies.

My server in WoW was fine before X-realm BGs and my server in SWTOR is fine now (usually less than a minute queues on Empire side).

I don't want X-realm because it offers me nothing I don't already have while giving me stuff I don't want.

You were pretty lucky in WoW then. Ques were dead on my server because the games were so one-sided that the alliance stopped queing. That also happened for me on DCUO.

It hasn't happened yet in SWTOR. However, they can't make changes they need to with the PVP Match making system until they create some sort of cross server system. Be it server clusters for all the low population servers or perhaps the sort of priority system that someone else mentioned. Until at the very least that goes into effect they can't add Rated Warzones, a premade vs premade que, or anything else that would further increase que times like smaller brackets (although I'm really not in favor of the more divided brackets at lower levels, I feel like bolster functions fine).

I want those things, so it's no surprise (I suppose) that I want cross server ques.

You guys laugh and joke but enough people leave and you have no game to play. Premaids are a problem for the average joe who doesn't have all day to play video games. I have seen people leave my guild and the game already because of problems like this. No one should have left this game this early. Less money for BW means less content updates and less people playing that's bad for the game. I've seen a lot of post like this over the last year. Yes I was in beta for a long time, I thought these things would be fixed by now.

NOTE: The 1.2 Patch is implementing Pre-made queing..

I agree with you and I also played vanilla wow (from the time it was just Tarren Mill pvp until lvl 80). I think some incarnations of AV were my favorite, but there were some epic WG matches as well. Premades rolling pugs was a big problem (and queue dodging, etc.).

However, I like actually recognizing the names of the players I play with and against. I don't think x-realm is the answer. Perhaps a battlegroup concept, perhaps rules for matchmaking that tries to put premades v premades - i'm not sure, but making it less personal (nameless opponents) weakens the experience imo

Well, that's certainly fine for you that you're so lucky to have perfect servers. Unfortunately there are hundreds of server in each of those games and they aren't all the same. I haven't played wow in over a year so I can't speak to how it is there anymore, but on my swtor server, it's usually 20-40 minutes for the queue (sorry I chose empire because my friends did) and then we get put into a match against the same 1-2 republic premades that are probably the only repubs in the queue. They all have full BM gear and 16K + hp, are on vent and seem to take pvp very seriously (lol). I just want to complete my daily quests and have fun healing and kill some dudes.

I understand the rivalries. Could we get some sort of medium. The following idea I think would work:

Do same server search for the first ~5 min (or however long). IF AND ONLY IF a game isn't found on the same server within the first ~5 or so minutes, THEN expand search to cross server. This would allow rivalries to still exists while curbing extra long queue times.

This will solve everything.

BGs were already nothing but a grind and the cross server queues reinforced that.

I was there for vanilla, I remember when the only way you could get any honor on a PvE server was TM/SS. I remember 30 min to 1 hour queues. I was one of the many who was excited when they did cross-server queues.

BW has found the correct way to fix the problem, a cross-faction WZ such as Huttball. I'm sure as the game matures, there will be additional cross-faction WZ's to help relieve the monotony, until then, there is no need for cross-server queues.

It depends on the server and time you try to q. If you are on a server that doesnt have a lot of pvper's or a small population, you still have to wait 15 minutes or longer during off hours.

Want rivalries, have bioware make a huttball league with ladder scoreboard, after so many games the top teams on one server play the top teams on another server, as elimination matches continue we eventually get the super bowl of huttball the top two servers going at it... all the while being broad casted in all the bars for the various servers to watch....

Now that would be fun...

As for the OP, Bioware has already said there going to tweak the 50's bracket so new 50's are not at such a huge disadvantage gear wise...

Also, why not find 3 other people in your guild you can play with so you can create your own pre-made....

Another option is to have two different categories altogether, you either que up for premade teams of 8 people or solo que... Now this will have a side effect of longer que times but no more pugs vs premades....

Until the player pool is large enough, they won't be able to impliment features that will divide up the PVPers into seperate ques even further.

See you GW 2, hopefully their developers read these forums.

Yup I'll be there. and I'm hoping the game is more solo friendly for PvP then this one.

To the haters out there: If I should be required to group with 3 other players (say like in PvE trying finish HM dungeons) then the Daily PvP should have that requirement as well, but sicne I can clearly solo queue the game servers should perform a serioes of checks and balances to make sure both teams are fair and balanced. If it takes 2x or 3x longer to get a WF queue then so beit as long as some sembalance of balance is acheieved. Hell in WoW the statistical percentage of win/loss ratio is 50% give or take a few percentage. In WoW I could go on a 3-4 game losing streak but then turn around and win the next 5 games, its jsut how the system works.

In SWTOR though, it has taken me on average 10-12 (and thats being generous) games per day to finish my daily 3 wins (with on average 1 of them not counting).

Its ok though dont hate the player hate the game so thats what I choose to do.