Armor aesthetic - from start to end

Azeth

At around lvl 6 you have your first "set" of matching looks, Black robe and top, and it looks amazing and just how I wanted and expected this class to look later on as well. Boy was I wrong.

Well, I've been 50 for quite some time now (assassin) with tionese/columni gear and recently rolled a soon to be sorc and cant ignore the fact that I will end up looking worse then a lvl 6 character :(

The pve gear looks HORRIBLE bioware, especially compared to lower lvl items which look far more evil and sinister. Columi etc looks ridiculous, like a clown that felt creative going to a masquerade dressed as a... something something aircraft in cloth. And to make it all worse is that the end pve gear looks the same with the small difference here and there and ofc the "color"... wow, creative. This is the same for other classes aswell, but the other classes look far nicer/cooler than inquisitors.

I can only wish you read this bioware

Please do something, I have not heard a single inquisitor saying that their gear looks cool. Not one.

Here's a pic to prove my point, which do you think looks best?

http://genetic-design.net/pics/swtor_inq.jpg

Ps. Now I got my "cow hat" and it really doesnt help

ps again. Yeah, our pvp gear looks nicer, but it doesn't help those that wanna raid ;)

Edited by Azeth

agreed, I hate the endgame gear. I have a 39 assassin and I am really not looking forward to my endgame gear. I am going to be the joke of my guild. I really like what I have now, hopefully I can mod what I have so that it will be the equivalent and not have to look so stupid.

I hope they come out with some stealthier more evil looking gear soon.

I have to say, at around 40, I hit a kickass aesthetic that I will happily keep forever. Do you still have your Saber Marshal robe from the Revanite questline?

I'm not quite 50 yet, but for a while, I've been rocking that with the Supreme Inquisitor pants and boots, along with whichever moddable helmet looks like a neck covering (it has a voice modulator too - I just forget the name of the piece) and it looks incredible.

At least in a patch or two when they make the tier gear de-moddable, you'll be able to wear what you want.

Its the same for all classes, the high end gear, be it armor or guns look just plain bad. Only selected pieces are good, while the overall design is ... a bad reject from a fantasy b-movie.

Luckily i don't care enough about pvp to must have the best stats, i plan to keep my current look and improve it, but that will not include any of the pvp gear, except a pieces here to there.

My point is, in all games I've played - you end up looking cool and awesome at endgame. This is the opposite, and it boggles my mind

Indeed, i switched to cybertech so that i can work on purple lvl 50 armor mods/armoring in the hopes that i can equal my 'lvl 6' black robes to a casual pvp'r set.

The raid armors look just as horrible, and its not just inquisitors...personally everything looks stupid for end game armor.

All inquisitors need is some black robes with some purple or red lines or some sort of dark shadow hanging around it, now thats a cool end game armor

Edited by Exiled-Phoenix

Well the problem is:

1. You only have mod and enhancement to remove, armormod is in the armor piece itself
  2. Even if you could remove all mods you still have the problem with set bonuses

True - for now.

They stated in the dev log that in a future (hopefully soon) patch that tier gear will be fully moddable. The set bonuses will be tied to the armoring mod, which can be freely slotted into orange gear. The only limitation will be that the destination orange gear needs to be the same armor slot. So if you take the armoring (and set bonus) from a tier chest, that can only be slotted into another orange chestpiece.

True - for now.

They stated in the dev log that in a future (hopefully soon) patch that tier gear will be fully moddable. The set bonuses will be tied to the armoring mod, which can be freely slotted into orange gear. The only limitation will be that the destination orange gear needs to be the same armor slot. So if you take the armoring (and set bonus) from a tier chest, that can only be slotted into another orange chestpiece.

That would really be awesome!!!

Thanks for that info, guess we finally have use for the credits besides repairbills then hehe.

However, I still really think they should change the looks of raid gear!

That would really be awesome!!!

Thanks for that info, guess we finally have use for the credits besides repairbills then hehe.

However, I still really think they should change the looks of raid gear!

They might be saving the better looking stuff for future content.

hello there

the reall problem,is that armor sets in all classes do not have the proper "texture"

heavy does not look like "plate" and cloth does not look like "clothy".

all of them have a feeling of plastic or "leather" ( i cant describe it more accurate ).

the boots, helmets, facials ALWAYS confict with other piece of gear.

Edited by stevaras

tbh most games do that, look at all the cloth gear in WoW, most of it is metal lol. And most of the paladin gear is cloth.

they'll likely release the updated "match gear to chest" system they had in the beta, they posted that they removed it for a better idea that they're still working on. So looking to that.

Edited by Trigg

hello there

the reall problem,is that armor sets in all classes do not have the proper "texture"

all of them have a feeling of plastic or "leather" ( i cant describe it more accurate ).

the boots, helmets, facials ALWAYS confict with other piece of gear.

Sure, textures are not the best... but the real problem is that you look cool in the start of the game and then end up looking like a clown. Instead of the usual curve when you get nicer and nicer looking gear, and the endgame gear looks best and something you wanna wear.

Bioware's art team designed the 1-49/50 gear, following traditional starwars themes.

Then everyone got fed up and quit before endgame gear models were done. Bioware obviously hired the ex-WoW art team to finish modelling endgame pve and pvp gear, and now we all look like orcs and warlocs at 50.

Bioware's art team designed the 1-49/50 gear, following traditional starwars themes.

Then everyone got fed up and quit before endgame gear models were done. Bioware obviously hired the ex-WoW art team to finish modelling endgame pve and pvp gear, and now we all look like orcs and warlocs at 50.

^this.

The gear at lower levels is fine, and in my opinion - even then a little too garish. I think that you should START OUT wearing a Mech-Clown suit, and get down to Darth Maul's (Assassin) black robes, or simple Darth Sidious (Sorc) robes when you hit level 50 PvE/Raid/BM PvP gear...

^this.

The gear at lower levels is fine, and in my opinion - even then a little too garish. I think that you should START OUT wearing a Mech-Clown suit, and get down to Darth Maul's (Assassin) black robes, or simple Darth Sidious (Sorc) robes when you hit level 50 PvE/Raid/BM PvP gear...

I'm all for that but I bet there will be equal amount of whinning over how endgame gear isn't exotic enough.

Can't agree more about how DIRE the end game PVE gear is for both Sorc and Assassin. Seriously if I wanted to loook like a Tauren i'd still be playing WoW. WTH were the designers on when they came up with our end game gear and thought yeah that looks cool people will really want to be seen in that.

Yes the textures aren't great but that won't help the fact that the armour still looks the worst I have ever seen in an end game.

When I get my columi head peice it wont be shown. In fact I can't recall seeing any assassin ever showing their end game helm. When it gets to the point where no one is showing an end game item surely they know there is something wrong.

We need a redesign of our gear to something like the early pieces as others have said, we should be wearing subtle but intricate robes with hoods and maybe face masks not a MONSTOROUS horned Beast helm that would be more suitable in age of conan not a futuristic based sci fi game.

Please Bioware do something about our hideous gear no other class is so embarased to not even want to wear it. I can deal with the rather boring robes butthe ridiculous shoulder pads that are a throw back fromt he 80's also have to go.

Feel a bit better venting but not much.

the only bad endgame set for Inquisitors I've seen is the one with horns. The tall-hat one and the pvp one for assassins look great imo. not sure what the pvp one for sorcs looks like. If you dont like 'em, well you're missing the designer's point. Can't always satisfy everyone, better luck next tier. But the ones that I've seen except the bullhead are fine.

hello there

tbh most games do that, look at all the cloth gear in WoW, most of it is metal lol. And most of the paladin gear is cloth.

you guys can't read or something? gear categories in SWTOR are light, medium and heavy, not cloth/leather/plate. their names don't indicate how they're supposed to look, only how tough the armor is.

Edited by Decembrist

At around lvl 6 you have your first "set" of matching looks, Black robe and top, and it looks amazing and just how I wanted and expected this class to look later on as well. Boy was I wrong.

Well, I've been 50 for quite some time now (assassin) with tionese/columni gear and recently rolled a soon to be sorc and cant ignore the fact that I will end up looking worse then a lvl 6 character :(

The pve gear looks HORRIBLE bioware, especially compared to lower lvl items which look far more evil and sinister. Columi etc looks ridiculous, like a clown that felt creative going to a masquerade dressed as a... something something aircraft in cloth. And to make it all worse is that the end pve gear looks the same with the small difference here and there and ofc the "color"... wow, creative. This is the same for other classes aswell, but the other classes look far nicer/cooler than inquisitors.

I can only wish you read this bioware

ps. Yeah, our pvp gear looks nicer, but I don't like the pvp in this game, nor the reward system for it, plus the fact that its worse than pve gear in stats (for pve ofc)

Please do something, I have not heard a single inquisitor saying that their gear looks cool. Not one.

Here's a pic to prove my point, which do you think looks best?

http://genetic-design.net/pics/swtor_inq.jpg

Ps. Now I got my "cow hat" and it really doesnt help

That character in the pic is yours right? You said you dont like PvP in this game and the reward system. then why do you have the PvP boots on....?

That character in the pic is yours right? You said you dont like PvP in this game and the reward system. then why do you have the PvP boots on....?

I dont like it, but I still play it from time to time, usually only getting dailies done. That means that I have played it, gotten 3 unique rewards alltogether and I know enough that the reward system was the most annoying thing (lol, besides getting stunned and knocked 10min out of 15). However since last patch its finally what it should've been from the start, to get gear I mean (tokens so you can actually buy your set).

What I was thinking when I wrote that? Thought it would keep trolls away from writing "so go get pvp gear then and look good" which isn't the point of the tread. It's about pve gear. But yeah.... I might just edit that line, it is apparantly confusing as is ;)

They have this wonderful system of upgrading gear, then

throw it away for raiding / pvp endgame gear.

I hope it's true that they will tie the set bonuses to armor / mod / enh

slot and allow us to use them in any other moddable clothing.

I have never liked endgame sets. Everyone just ends up looking

exactly the same. They really should make the endgame stuff based on item

modifications so you can keep whatever look you prefer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.