no lfg + empty planets + too many HC2+ = fail

zandadoum

My first lvl50 was on a low populated server (Goluud Corridor) and after lvl25 i was nearly alone on all planets. i had to skip nearly all heroic quests due lack of people.

Now i am leveling another toon on one of the highest populated servers (Bloodworthy) and I hoped I would not suffer this again...

WRONG.

since lvl35 i have been on planets with max 5players ... and it has been impossible to get a group running for all those heroics.

the fact there is no proper LFG system and that i would have to sit on fleet to actually get a group for "anything" is bad enough already... but who would be sitting in fleet for hours to get a group for HOTH quests? not gonna happen.

so, empty planets + too many heroic quests in a game that is basically designed and encouraging (through all it's design flaws and servers with 500 ppl. max on them) to play alone till lvl50 and the lack of a decent lfg system...sucks.

my point?

my point is that i can live without a LFG system.

i can live skipping like 15% of the content (heroic quests)

and i can also live playing alone through most planets past lvl30

but all that together at same time? no, thx.

SOLUTION?

there is already a sharding system in place that can be activated on crowded areas.

delete like half the servers and merge them.

there should be like 5x times the people that is on each server right now.

on the crowded server i have counted at peak hours 800 players on one side and 1200 on the other... half of them in warzone or flashpoints.

that leaves for example 400 in open world... 200 on the first 3 planets. no wonder it looks all that empty later on.

there should be 5 or 10 times more players on each server, and in crowded areas just use sharding.

Edited by zandadoum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You purposefully chose a low population server and now you're complaining about a low population?

how about you actually read the post before replying, hum? you didn't even make it to the second sentence.

shall i quote it for you?

Now i am leveling another toon on one of the highest populated servers (Bloodworthy) and I hoped I would not suffer this again...

Edited by zandadoum

Yes I agree entirely. It can be very disheartening knowing that you're gonna level up the same way, with a complete shortage of people. The game is good, just way too lonely.

I really think they should make it their priority number one to make either a shared galaxy channel all over the server, a server-wide LFG tool or just straight up merge servers because this is really taking down the quality of the leveling process.

I think a Looking for Group feature would be nice for the game. One which works across realms. But they would also need to change the loot system for doing heroics and flashpoints. Like have the bosses drop a loot box like they do in Operations. Because too many players are greedy and will roll need on anything they can and if they are not from your server, they also know there will be no serous social penalties for doing so. Edited by Valkirus

Its really a solo game where there are lots of other people soloing as well, mostly on different servers. The group content is probably for real world friends who happen to be on the same server - its not accessible to people on less populated servers.

you dont spend 10's or 100's of millions of dollars developing an mmorpg designed to be played solo. this is currently a mortal flaw in the game.

some very, very major mistakes were made by this design team and the beta testers are also to blame for failing to give the input that was needed, as this game's designers are clearly not people who actually PLAY mmo's.

you dont spend 10's or 100's of millions of dollars developing an mmorpg designed to be played solo. this is currently a mortal flaw in the game.

some very, very major mistakes were made by this design team and the beta testers are also to blame for failing to give the input that was needed, as this game's designers are clearly not people who actually PLAY mmo's.

I agree partially. However, as I've seen many times here on the forums, a LOT of suggestions were made by beta testers that still haven't been fixed/implemented in the live game now so many months later. BW stance on this is pretty vague.

People that like to solo or are uber "casual" would vehemently argue with you about that.

And you think LFG will make planets less empty?:rolleyes:

My experience (and I do it myself) is that when you reach a point where you can't find anyone for the Heroics, people will jump to the Space station and remain there.

LFG for heroics wouldn't be enough tho. That LFG for Heroics would have to allow a "summon". People won't join LFG for a planet when in the station. It's too much of a hassle to get to the heroic area from the station.

Sure, people will say something like "it doesn't take that long" but fact is this is an MMORPG and people want to play without minutes of running and loadings when they get invited to do something. I guess many would not log into lfg in the station just to have to run all the way back to the planet. That's how people are, and there's no point on being hypocrites and say "I'm not like that". Every one is like that at some point.

My experience (and I do it myself) is that when you reach a point where you can't find anyone for the Heroics, people will jump to the Space station and remain there.

LFG for heroics wouldn't be enough tho. That LFG for Heroics would have to allow a "summon". People won't join LFG for a planet when in the station. It's too much of a hassle to get to the heroic area from the station.

Sure, people will say something like "it doesn't take that long" but fact is this is an MMORPG and people want to play without minutes of running and loadings when they get invited to do something. I guess many would not log into lfg in the station just to have to run all the way back to the planet. That's how people are, and there's no point on being hypocrites and say "I'm not like that". Every one is like that at some point.

with you 100%. No groups does equal fail. There are so few looking for heroics no matter where I go, it's disheartening.

Grouped all the way from 10-50, on second char now and doing the same.

Amazing what being sociable will do for you.

But then our server is quite chatty and inclusive.

please let me know which server this is so I can compare.

My first lvl50 was on a low populated server (Goluud Corridor) and after lvl25 i was nearly alone on all planets. i had to skip nearly all heroic quests due lack of people.

WRONG.

since lvl35 i have been on planets with max 5players ... and it has been impossible to get a group running for all those heroics.

the fact there is no proper LFG system and that i would have to sit on fleet to actually get a group for "anything" is bad enough already... but who would be sitting in fleet for hours to get a group for HOTH quests? not gonna happen.

so, empty planets + too many heroic quests in a game that is basically designed and encouraging (through all it's design flaws and servers with 500 ppl. max on them) to play alone till lvl50 and the lack of a decent lfg system...sucks.

my point?

my point is that i can live without a LFG system.

i can live skipping like 15% of the content (heroic quests)

and i can also live playing alone through most planets past lvl30

but all that together at same time? no, thx.

SOLUTION?

there is already a sharding system in place that can be activated on crowded areas.

delete like half the servers and merge them.

there should be like 5x times the people that is on each server right now.

on the crowded server i have counted at peak hours 800 players on one side and 1200 on the other... half of them in warzone or flashpoints.

that leaves for example 400 in open world... 200 on the first 3 planets. no wonder it looks all that empty later on.

there should be 5 or 10 times more players on each server, and in crowded areas just use sharding.

Sounds like you're playing on off-peak times.

x-server LFD isn't needed and kills server communities.

Not seeing this as a fatal Flaw.

Content for the Solo player is a good thing....You don't only play WITH people with an MMO but you play AMONG people. They seem to have put something in for everyone and its working out well. I love that I can group but aren't forced to.

I also love that there is no Cross Server LFG to take people out of the world while leveling. Its not needed.

Edited by Mormack

Maybe if you actually get people on your server to be smart and make a /cjoin LFG channel so that no matter what planet you are on you can see who is LFG spaming even if you are on another planet or fleet.

problem for server solved and it took all of about 2secs and a server forum post or spam on fleet to get people to join the channel.

Edited by Meluna
rude

Sounds like you're playing on off-peak times.

no i don't.

x-server LFD isn't needed and kills server communities.

1) i haven't said anything about x-server

2) what community would it kill? THERE IS NONE TO START WITH. communities are inside guilds, server wide communities have been dead since the start

2a) because there are no server forums

2b) because the game is designed like a single player game anyways, with too much sharding in even low populated areas and empty planets and no galaxy wide chat.

what community would lfg or x-realm lfg kill? NONE, because there is none.