Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri

I never said anything about Assassins at all, so I don't even know why you're asking.

This thread is about hybrid Sorcs, and I have only been talking about hybrid Sorcs.

But to answer your question, Assassins/Shadows are the closest thing to a hard counter for a Powertech in the game, so no, I cannot destroy a BM Assassin who knows what they are doing and understands my class well enough to counter me.

I can certainly take on a hybrid spec'd Sorcerer w/ ease though, which is what we were talking about.

Also, if you were serious, a correctly spec'd Vanguard (Carolina Parakeet or Iron Fist spec) can and will destroy a Shadow with ease.

So maybe you SHOULD have rolled a Vanguard.

So you're not correctly specced? you said they were the closest thing to a hard counter, now you're saying if they're specced they can kill them with ease? so why aren't you specced like that?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't nerf Sorc's ..... after reading this post I am creating one tonight...........

Sounds like the only way so solve the problem is create one and join the majority of the population.

Hutball here I come........

Edited by Dezeit

Great, a guide about bursting.

Too bad the only way you're killing anyone with a burst is if they're horribly geared and you're very geared.

If you're very lucky you might land a couple of 5k hits, which after bubble is about 6800 damage. If you got a proc you've got 25 force left, sorry 33 after a tick of regen. Your damage goes way way down after that. Unless you're premptively popping cloak you're also CCed by the bubble breaking...

Smart Sorcs had no problem with Operative burst before the nerf, and Deception is nowhere near that level of burst.

Good assassins aren't x/31/x, most good Assassins don't even have points in deception because the lower tier Darkness and Madness are more important.

so you choose to not use a spec a spec that apparently can kill OP sorcerers. also now it's a gear issue and no longer a cc issue.

you also apparently can't preemptively use force shroud (skill).

guess what kills in pvp, burst...just because you choose not to have those does not make sorcerers op. would you consider a x/31/x sorcerer overpowered?

you have all the answers to stop a sorcerer, just because you choose to not use those answers isn't a sorcerer's problem, it's yours.

well you don't use maul unless you get a proc but whatever man you can play your 31/0/10 spec. all the good assassin's are x/31/x of some sort, and they apparently have no issues killing an OP sorc, so maybe it's you...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=165927 try reading that, you might learn something from a real assassin

This , I play my sorc well and kill most assassins/shadows , but when I'm playing my shadow iv never lost to a sorc 1v1 now give them a guard from a tank and its omg I didt do **** to him , pop combat stealth and go look for another target.

Sorcs are like any other class in the game built for team play. They are the support class. Mid range dps.nothing big bit can keep it going all most none stop. Ie a dot class that has the support roll. They are not a strate up dps class like the trolls are trying to make em out.

My shadow owns sorcs. I'm a hybrid on it to as 31 into any of the 3 skills seams bad to me.

Better to take the lower skills from 2 of them.

For pve full tree might be better but PvP is not the same its about giving them nothing and taking every thing.

So you're not correctly specced? you said they were the closest thing to a hard counter, now you're saying if they're specced they can kill them with ease? so why aren't you specced like that?

Because I didn't care much for the playstyle, and because the utility provided by my spec allows me to kill casters and tanks quite handily. The specs I mentioned are both tanking specs built for mitigation and mobility, and I am a dps, so they play worlds apart.

Some of us play the specs we enjoy, and not what the most popular spec is.

So no, I'm not correctly spec'd to go toe to toe w/ an Assassin or other heavy melee dps, as I do not have many defenses.

I can, however, kite them pretty well and can beat them if our gear is comparable sometimes, it's pretty 50/50 so far.

Are you really that curious about why I decided to run a hybrid PT spec?

For the exact same reasons that I used to run the hybrid Sorc spec, more CC options and utility at the expense of the higher damage talents in both trees.

Edited by Varicite

funny, I dont think we have seen the OP since we showed him he has no clue what immobilize does.

Sorry. I went out to get food but I guess not camping the thread 24/7 makes me appear clueless. I guess I'll just have to resort to eating chips for lunch and dinner until this thread dies or Sorcerer talent trees get changed.

You're entirely wrong about immobilize by the way. It's basically a stun that breaks on damage. Not sure what crazy testing you did. I'm thinking the imaginary kind.

@ Scenario of PT vs Sorcerer - You proved you have a DECENT chance of going toe to toe with a Sorcerer 1v1. This means if you do absolutely everything right you might kill him in a 1v1. In every other situation(90% of PvP is group battles) you're absolutely worthless compared to a Sorcerer. Your grip is good utility for giant zergs I suppose but other than that there's nothing you bring. Your class is actually the best equipped to deal with ranged DPS and you still have to give it your all to have a shot at killing Sorcerers 1v1. Other melee will have a harder time in 1v1. All melee have no chance at all in most normal group PvP.

I've mentioned tons of times that 1v1 is when a Sorcerer is at his WEAKEST. You're still trying to push a decent chance at killing a Sorcerer 1v1 with the best anti-range melee in the game as proof they're not dominant.

@ L2P issue - This is getting tiresome. If I post screenshots showing what I can do in a typical WZ(time in the corner and daily quests prove that didn't just cherry pick warzones to screenshot) then the argument then becomes "Marauders OP. You killed Sorcerers." If I don't post screenshots it's "L2P you suck".

https://imgur.com/a/Kk2Fd#0 - Album of warzones that I've played since I started the thread. I don't PvP much and I use PvE gear whenever I do since my PvP gear has mods ripped out.

http://i.imgur.com/qEpsA.jpg - Me on an alt Sorcerer. I realize it's pre-50 but even being one of the lowest levels and not having the majority of my CC I was able to still do considerably better than anyone else there just like on my Marauder.

Edited by Tumri

LOL - would that be a fire of Sorc generated lightning by any chance.

I recomend everyone create a sorc, oh it seems like they already have :D

This is easy go their and see how many of you are QQing about sorcs. Then take a look.at how many play the game .

I'm willing to bet the QQers are .000001% or less .

Look iv all but stopped playing my sorc for my Jedi shadow. If they nerf sorcs its not going to mater to me. But are one of the first sorcs to hit L50 on my server mostly from PvP grinding out hut ball unroll it makes me puke. I cam tell you that they are not any more op then the rest of the classes solo. Add a guard from a tank or cross healing and they are gods.

But wait so are assassins and ops and merc , and jug and power Tec even marauders are op when groupef with a team.

Stop trying to be Rambo team up work together and win. Solo Rambo style and lose bad to any one grouping. It's a team baced game, they can not solo 4 kill you like a ops or assassin can . They can slowly burn you down.

Edited by Rallic
using phone to post not going to edit it as im sic of fixing words it changes

Oh so much love on the forums.

Something tells me playing a sorc I will be more than OK.

Huttball anyone ?

Hope I see you there! Sorcs are always a fun fight in Huttball. : D

The best part is when they try to knock me off the bridges and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Good times.

You're entirely wrong about immobilize by the way. It's basically a stun that breaks on damage. Not sure what crazy testing you did. I'm thinking the imaginary kind.

It is pretty simple, I got my Trooper roommate, took him into my ship and then dueled him, EVery time I force waved, spec'ed to immobilize from max distance, he was able to harpoon/grapple me right back to him.

Why dont you try it yourself before you speak more nonsense.

Sorry. I went out to get food but I guess not camping the thread 24/7 makes me appear clueless. I guess I'll just have to resort to eating chips for lunch and dinner until this thread dies or Sorcerer talent trees get changed.

@ Scenario of PT vs Sorcerer - You proved you have a DECENT chance of going toe to toe with a Sorcerer 1v1. This means if you do absolutely everything right you might kill him in a 1v1. In every other situation(90% of PvP is group battles) you're absolutely worthless compared to a Sorcerer. Your grip is good utility for giant zergs I suppose but other than that there's nothing you bring. Your class is actually the best equipped to deal with ranged DPS and you still have to give it your all to have a shot at killing Sorcerers 1v1. Other melee will have a harder time in 1v1. All melee have no chance at all in most normal group PvP.

I've mentioned tons of times that 1v1 is when a Sorcerer is at his WEAKEST. You're still trying to push a decent chance at killing a Sorcerer 1v1 with the best anti-range melee in the game as proof they're not dominant.

My "all" didn't include either of my 2 stuns, and only half of my abilities. I can honestly just burn HO and score a free kill since I am immune to half of their bag of tricks, and they make me immune to the other half.

I have a much better than decent chance, lol.

If you mean group PvP, it's easier because I also have Sorcs on my team, and my fiancee plays an Immortal Jug, so I'd have Guard, Taunt, and her leaps on my side.

But either way, group PvP is a dynamic event, and I'm not about to list the millions of possible outcomes depending on group composition, etc.

What I was trying to show is that if you know what you are doing, a Sorc's bag of tricks no longer seems very daunting.

Oh please don't humor them.

On the plus side every time they post it pops this thread to the top of the list, making it more likely that the devs will see it.

The devs have seen it,they also are not going to nerf sorcs baced on scrubs and trolls .

They can see the dmg sorcs do in game logs they have said so.

They see how much dmg mercs do and how little it takes to play one

They see sorcs die very easy to good players.

As they made the game they also know sorcs can't

Have every cc in ever tree

Can't be all 3 trees at once

They know when your a troll to

Really cuz they nerfed Scoundrel/Operatives due to your constant crying on forums... but when it comes to a class you all play you scream like little girls at a justin bieber concert... i still ruin people in pvp after my nerf and another one is on the way to gimp my class more, but you guy cant admit when your class is doing more damage than intended... What a bunch or babies! Take it like a man and find a new spec or rotation instead of telling people your not as good as they say your class is.

@ L2P issue - This is getting tiresome. If I post screenshots showing what I can do in a typical WZ(time in the corner and daily quests prove that didn't just cherry pick warzones to screenshot) then the argument then becomes "Marauders OP. You killed Sorcerers." If I don't post screenshots it's "L2P you suck".

https://imgur.com/a/Kk2Fd#0 - Album of warzones that I've played since I started the thread. I don't PvP much and I use PvE gear whenever I do since my PvP gear has mods ripped out.

http://i.imgur.com/qEpsA.jpg - Me on an alt Sorcerer. I realize it's pre-50 but even being one of the lowest levels and not having the majority of my CC I was able to still do considerably better than anyone else there just like on my Marauder.

@ PT vs sorc

The reason PT's can own sorcs 1 vs 1 is because their resource system allows them to, thats the same reason why they suck at group battles since after you burst someone you cant even do some decent damage without laying low firsts.

Really cuz they nerfed Scoundrel/Operatives due to your constant crying on forums... but when it comes to a class you all play you scream like little girls at a justin bieber concert... i still ruin people in pvp after my nerf and another one is on the way to gimp my class more, but you guy cant admit when your class is doing more damage than intended... What a bunch or babies! Take it like a man and find a new spec or rotation instead of telling people your not as good as they say your class is.

Seams to me your.bitter about the nerf to ops that still do runs more dmg then a sorc . kills fastet can hide has water when its hid ya but sorcs are op. Ops own sorcs like nothing and if you can't kill a sorc 1v1 with a ops you need to uninstal the game as you are so bad that there is no hope for ypur keyboard turning ***.

@ PT vs sorc

The reason PT's can own sorcs 1 vs 1 is because their resource system allows them to, thats the same reason why they suck at group battles since after you burst someone you cant even do some decent damage without laying low firsts.

Absolute truth here.

Killing doesn't come w/out a cost. : )

It's not so bad that I need to vent after each person, but it does take quite a bit of managing if procs don't line up.

Lol so 1v1 sorcs are ok but in group they are op as you can't kill them with there team healing or guarding them . Hahaha this has to be a troll it just has to . please tell me your trolling that you can't solo the sorc that has a team backing him/her

Edited by Rallic

The 0/20/21 spec picks up every single cc in every tree except for the slow on affliction from the healing tree.

This is not entirely correct. The top madness talent is a dot with a 2 second root.

That being said, I enjoy playing full madness spec. I have no problem with them rearranging trees to force people to choose one or the other. I hate that people claim every sorc or sage is a specific spec and say nerf them all.

Edited by baltman

Its not the class its the player. Am lvl50 sorc and I kinda always get in the top of Wz, but thats cause I now how to play my class, I've gotten owned by al Republic and Imperial more than once, it doesnt mean I cant beat them, hell I've even seen people who get more medals than fully geared sorc and many other class, you people need to stop complaining about sorc and just play your charact and make it the best.