The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri

Oh you've 'seen' other classes. How about play em?

At 50, btw. None this 10-49 crap.

Unlike most, I play both classes and have come to the solid conclusion that sorc/sage is easily 2x better at healing than a heal ops. Plus sage/sorcs don't have broken core talents nor do they get nerfed every patch.

But you wouldn't know this; to busy insulting me instead.

If you have played that many classes to 50 none of them are geared. By geared I don't mean yeah I have full PVP gear..

So you lack gear and you do poorly. I think I see a correlation.

[EDIT] By geared I mean PVP gear mixed with high end PVE gear for max stats. Crappy mods replaced with power surge mods. Straight up PVP gear sorta sucks :(

Edited by Abadus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes simple arithmetic for a game that started out with a LARGE population of sorcs/sages... I have a feeling there is more to it then you are letting on.

What does there being more Sorcs at launch have to due with the 10-49 bracket where people are rerolling the most OP/easiest to play classes?

BTW in beta at the start of of every phase (when new players came) classes were well balanced in representation.

Everyone rolled Sorc/sage by the end of most phases. Why? Animations were better on the sorc side and the class was op as hell then.

We also had beta polls where all the classes were well represented. By the end of each phase? Sorc/Sage, Merc/Commando were in the lead by FAR.

Why? Easy to play, the hybrid spec was OP as hell and it didn't take long for people to figure it out.

Same thing that happened in beta is happening on live on pvp servers. Now you claim to be a smart guy. That is data. Come up with a theory...

Class story? Everyone hates the sage story and it is being rerolled to as much as sorc. Lightning? Elemental shamans were the least played caster class in WoW because they sucked at pvp.

Hybrid spec being op as hell and easy to master? Ding ding ding. See ret paladins in WoW when they were buffed to stupidity.

When you have a faceroll class, with a stupidly OP spec and it becomes more and more overpopulated? History has taught us that spec is nerfed to the ground. We are not asking you to be nerfed into the ground. The pure madness/balance spec is as good or better then any ranged class in this game.

If things continue like this? Enjoy being ret pallied! Don't say we didn't warn you though. Any decent sorc/sage wants the hybrid spec to go.

Why? They don't want to lose dps viability in pve, they don't want to be overnerfed, and they don't want even more people rerolling this class.

My idea of moving the madness talent in the madness tree (and same with balance) to the 31 point talent? Would solve everything.

A) Class would be a late bloomer (like scoundrel/op, JK/SW melee) and wouldn't be rerolled as much.

B) No hit to pve viability as dps.

C) Lightning is a better leveling spec anyways and what people usually pve with, so people could learn their rotation for raiding better. Add to that dual spec is on the way. They just confirmed this again recently.

But whatever. As I said before. This thread and bad players calling other players bad for feedback on classes they have played, almost makes me wish you just get the "to the ground" treatment that op/scoundrels got and will get (with surge nerf).

Funny that the same people in this thread claiming the hybrid spec is balanced called for nerfs on other classes and then wanted them nerfed further.

I will shed no tears for you. I play a marauder/sent. So I could care less to be honest.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insults.

What does there being more Sorcs at launch have to due with the 10-49 bracket where people are rerolling the most OP/easiest to play classes?

BTW in beta at the start of of every phase (when new players came) classes were well balanced in representation.

Everyone rolled Sorc/sage by the end of most phases. Why? Animations were better on the sorc side and the class was op as hell then.

We also had beta polls where all the classes were well represented. By the end of each phase? Sorc/Sage, Merc/Commando were in the lead by FAR.

Why? Easy to play, the hybrid spec was OP as hell and it didn't take long for people to figure it out.

Same thing that happened in beta is happening on live on pvp servers. Now you claim to be a smart guy. That is data. Come up with a theory...

Class story? Everyone hates the sage story and it is being rerolled to as much as sorc. Lightning? Elemental shamans were the least played caster class in WoW because they sucked at pvp.

Hybrid spec being op as hell and easy to master? Ding ding ding. See ret paladins in WoW when they were buffed to stupidity.

When you have a faceroll class, with a stupidly OP spec and it becomes more and more overpopulated? History has taught us that spec is nerfed to the ground. We are not asking you to be nerfed into the ground. The pure madness/balance spec is as good or better then any ranged class in this game.

If things continue like this? Enjoy being ret pallied! Don't say we didn't warn you though. Any decent sorc/sage wants the hybrid spec to go.

Why? They don't want to lose dps viability in pve, they don't want to be overnerfed, and they don't want even more people rerolling this class.

My idea of moving the madness talent in the madness tree (and same with balance) to the 31 point talent? Would solve everything.

A) Class would be a late bloomer (like scoundrel/op, JK/SW melee) and wouldn't be rerolled as much.

C) Lightning is a better leveling spec anyways and what people usually pve with, so people could learn their rotation for raiding better. Add to that dual spec is on the way. They just confirmed this again recently.

But whatever. As I said before. This thread and bad players calling other players bad for feedback on classes they have played, almost makes me wish you just get the "to the ground" treatment that op/scoundrels got and will get (with surge nerf).

Funny that the same people in this thread claiming the hybrid spec is balanced called for nerfs on other classes and then wanted them nerfed further.

I will shed no tears for you. I play a marauder/sent. So I could care less to be honest.

Your post is not even worth responding to. I could no less then 5 logical fallacies in this one post.....

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote

I thought the OP made some valid points.

Considering they are playing whack a mole on hybrid specs Id have to assume that Bioware is at least aware of it but...

I hope they through some restraints on the class, good players can do just a bit too much with it IMO.

roll a sorc up & find out how midle of the pack u rly are, then we can start botherign to pick apart all ur 'EVRY1' this and 'EVRYTHING' that..

dont be to sad tho, after u l2p u will relize that the games not stack'd as bad as u were thinkin b4 u lrnt to play.

i think the cryin is cos if u take a buncha who dont even know a interupt is, yea the range aoe is probly gonna destroy.

after ppl l2p the rite way tho, all of a sudden they relize 'hey sorc isnt rly so strong as i was thinkin it was'.

thats why u got some ppl sayin "OMG HOW CAN U DEFEND THE OP SORC" and other ppl sayin "HUH?"

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote - edited rude

I don't agree with biowareftw on a lot of things but the fact is he's right about Sorcerer populations rising across servers. People ARE rerolling sorcerers en masse. Low level WZs on a lot of PvP servers are filled with them. Pre-nerf Ops were also a common sight but at this point it's almost entirely Sorcerers and TracerMissiles with Sorcerers making up the largest group. The original round of Sorcerers was large but it was at most 20-25% of the population. Now it's far beyond that. I did hear that some PvE and RP servers have less of them but those servers have a lot more people that either don't PvP or don't care enough to go for the best PvP class over their personal preference.

lol this guy dont have a clue bout much does he

hey madbro, roll a sorc up & find out how midle of the pack u rly are, then we can start botherign to pick apart all ur 'EVRY1' this and 'EVRYTHING' that..

dont be to sad tho, after u l2p u will relize that the games not stack'd as bad as u were thinkin b4 u lrnt to play.

i think the cryin is cos if u take a buncha keybrd-turning clickers who dont even know *** a interupt is, yea the range aoe is probly gonna destroy.

after ppl l2p the rite way tho, all of a sudden they relize 'hey sorc isnt rly so strong as i was thinkin it was'.

thats why u got some ppl sayin "OMG HOW CAN U DEFEND THE OP SORC" and other ppl sayin "HUH?"

I really don't mean to offend you but for the sake of the English language please type things out properly. Reading these posts is like trying to decrypt some ancient language.