Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can we see the % of bald players' characters present in the game?

MuNieK

All the male characters' hairs in this game are so repulsive that going with bald character is almost always the only choice for anyone that is not representant of emo, rasta, hair gel's enthusiast group. The other option is the black raper's hairstyle or a britich lancelot "pretty boy" hairstyle...

I would like to see how many characters made by players so far are bald. And how many players that didnt choose the bald option are happy with their character's hairstyle... I found them all pretty disturbing.

Edited by MuNieK

Bioware has never been very good at hairstyles. For me, when choosing a hairstyle for a character, it has never been a matter of "Oh, I like that one.". Instead it's always been "I guess this is the one I find least repulsive..."

Character creation in this game is from 2001.

there are free to play games that gives you way more customization options.

AoC

C9

Perfect World

to name a few; those aare free to play lol !

even RIFT, that is also a WoW clone, has sliders and better customization

All this games have waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy less budget than SWTOR.

W T F BIOWARE

Glad it's not just me then that finds most of the hairstyles terrible. There are a few ok ones, but I was quite astonished that they could have so many styles and yet so few that actually look good. Have their artists never seen a fashion magazine or something, or maybe searching Google for hair styles was too hard? :confused:

Though without a hood toggle option, a lot of people's Jedi are bald by default anyway. :p

For me, when choosing a hairstyle for a character, it has never been a matter of "Oh, I like that one.". Instead it's always been "I guess this is the one I find least repulsive..."

That sums up my character creation experience pretty well too. xD

Edited by Gwena

What i find most repulsive is that each of the available hairstyle is taken from some sub-culture/culture... there is no casual hairstyles other than the hair-gel ones and the british knight "pretty boy" model... which arent casuall after all... They should add more casual ones or majority of male characters in game will remain looking like a skinheads...

Same with body models: 4 options:

- ultra skinny beyond measures gnome

- skinny beyond measures

- athlete

- fat mcdonald kid

Where are casual models?! What is this politic Bioware? "Lets include all kind of wierd stuff in the game so everyone will find their favorite" aproach?? This is terrible.

I'm not certain which hear style you're after, could we have an example?

Give me an example of 1 that look casual and doesnt fit to sub-culture/culture i have mentioned.

Edited by MuNieK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.