SW:TOR needs to wave the first few months till this game is playable.

Borgnator

I've herd of shaky launches, but this one is plagued with glitches. Falling though the floor, crashing flashpoints... the issues with this game go on and on. This game is still a beta and they are charging us for a release title. I've been around this ol internet for a while and I've seen a ton of MMO launches. You know what kills an MMO more than anything else? Not some ****** review from the "Fox news" of video games G4, or any other game site. The players who really get in depth with the game know whats really going on, and they will leave. It happened to Warhammer, Champions online, Age of Conan, need I go on?

My argument is this; put the beta test questions back in the game so we can focus on fixing all these glitches. New content is not going to help NEARLY as much. A solid playable game will. While these questions are up, wave the monthly fees for the time they are up. I know the opinion of the players about this game, and it won't be long before people start leaving. If you don't respect the customer to merchant relationship, you business will fail. Being understanding and fair with your customers will inspire loyalty, this tough economy will not give you people who give their loyalty to you if you show no love for them.

Save this game, wave the monthly fees until this game is much more stable. If you can't do that, prepare for a free to play model of business. FFIV did it, And yeah SW:TOR wasn't as bad as THAT launch, but it's still going to save them a LOT of customers. Businuess tactics work differently with an MMO as opposed to a regular game, and Bioware like many other companies don't seem to understand that.

Edited by Borgnator

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you playing a different game than me? Because the game has been totally playable from the start for me.

Honestly, this game is way less buggy than 90% of mmo's on release. :csw_jabbapet:

Age of Conan was unplayable. Literally the game would crash every 20-30 minutes. This is a walk in the park compared to that.

Huh? I've only encountered two bugs so far.

1. Enemies targeting non-combat pets. Fixed.

2. Nodes that I can't mine. Mostly fixed.

Have you ever played another MMO? Hell, have you ever played another BioWare game? Compared to either set, this game is practically bug-free.

I'm not trying to discount the bugs that do exist (e.g. poor performance on some systems), but anyone claiming that this game is "still in beta" is simply ignorant of reality.

Anyway, none of this matters. The team that fixes bugs is not the team that adds new content. No, their skill sets aren't equal. No, they can't just reassign the new content team to bug fixing duty.

You know what really kills a MMO? Bored players. If they don't keep releasing new content, there's going to be a lot of bored players. Bored players stop playing.

I'm sure they'll pass on your suggestion watching as their subscription numbers dwindle until they go F2P by years end. They need to do so much just to bring this game up to code and there aren't enough programmers available to help.

Just while you're here, can I get this week's lottery numbers as well? ;)

Just while you're here, can I get this week's lottery numbers as well? ;)

Considering they bragged about between 2 and 3 million units sold and only have 1.7 million active subs... That means about half the player base is gone in a month...

My assumption may not be that far off...

Considering they bragged about between 2 and 3 million units sold and only have 1.7 million active subs... That means about half the player base is gone in a month...

2m sold, 1.7m subscriptions. That's an 85% retention rate.

Um, no they 'bragged' about 2 million units. 1.7m active subs is 15% attrition. As in: a massive unprecedented success.

Edited by Mr_Jonse

You do realise that WoW had only 10% retention rate at the peak of its success? It is most likely much lower now.

I've herd of shaky launches, but this one is plagued with glitches. Falling though the floor, crashing flashpoints... the issues with this game go on and on. This game is still a beta and they are charging us for a release title. I've been around this ol internet for a while and I've seen a ton of MMO launches. You know what kills an MMO more than anything else? Not some ****** review from the "Fox news" of video games G4, or any other game site. The players who really get in depth with the game know whats really going on, and they will leave. It happened to Warhammer, Champions online, Age of Conan, need I go on?

My argument is this; put the beta test questions back in the game so we can focus on fixing all these glitches. New content is not going to help NEARLY as much. A solid playable game will. While these questions are up, wave the monthly fees for the time they are up. I know the opinion of the players about this game, and it won't be long before people start leaving. If you don't respect the customer to merchant relationship, you business will fail. Being understanding and fair with your customers will inspire loyalty, this tough economy will not give you people who give their loyalty to you if you show no love for them.

Save this game, wave the monthly fees until this game is much more stable. If you can't do that, prepare for a free to play model of business. FFIV did it, And yeah SW:TOR wasn't as bad as THAT launch, but it's still going to save them a LOT of customers. Businuess tactics work differently with an MMO as opposed to a regular game, and Bioware like many other companies don't seem to understand that.

This topic is totally false and misleading.... well...misleading for anyone that hasnt played that is.

I have yet to see any problems he has posted, and disagree with the 'solutions'.

I'm sure they'll pass on your suggestion watching as their subscription numbers dwindle until they go F2P by years end. They need to do so much just to bring this game up to code and there aren't enough programmers available to help.

I lol'd irl so hard at this...