Anni Marauder VS Vengeance Jugg PvP

swtorpeter

Jugg:

-more cc and control abilities. Force push comes to mind

-taunts reduce damage on your team mates.

- more survivability if specced tank

- tend to get the cool looking robes that maras should be getting

Mara

- crazy dps

- self heals in anni spec

- force camo (stealth and damage reduction if talented)

- undying rage 99% DMg reduction for a short period at expense of half of your current health. Good for surviving a fight when you get to low health.(think tyrndamere's ultimate from LOL)

- tend to get focused like crazy.

-predition gives you and your ally's a damage reduction buff and speed boost

-reliant on defensive cool downs to do well

-wear a lot of dresses :(

I'm kind of biased towards marauder. I found juggernaught so boring.

However I must warn you, your gonna need a Razer naga to play marauder unless you like binding 20000 key binds on your keyboard.

I'm always top 3 in dps usually get more than 5 medals in pvp and I can take on anything 1v1 other than other sentinels/marauders who out play me.

Don't listen to all the mara hate, if you know how to play you will be fine. Also when you get Quinn use only him and you will level easily.

Edited by Xaxxus

• 4 weeks later...
Jugg:

Mara

- crazy dps

- undying rage 99% DMg reduction for a short period at expense of half of your current health. Good for surviving a fight when you get to low health.(think tyrndamere's ultimate from LOL)

However I must warn you, your gonna need a Razer naga to play marauder unless you like binding 20000 key binds on your keyboard.

I'm always top 3 in dps usually get more than 5 medals in pvp and I can take on anything 1v1 other than other sentinels/marauders who out play me.

Don't listen to all the mara hate, if you know how to play you will be fine. Also when you get Quinn use only him and you will level easily.

True story!!!

Xaxxus.. can you please share your mapping with me for the Naga?

I'm having trouble getting it setup for PVP. I do lots of PVE too so I want something that doesn't totally ignore my PVE talents..

Anyway if you could share with me how you set up the Naga... gonna open a topic for this too.

Well someone has to come say it marauder is simply just better than jugg in every single way right now in terms of pvp.

Personally i see no reason to play play a jugg over mara they only cool thing you get if force push and that's it you do less damage and strangely enough have less survivability

Well someone has to come say it marauder is simply just better than jugg in every single way right now in terms of pvp.

That goes only for annihilation maras, so far I can beat any other speced mara on my jug. To beat an annihilation speced one, well..., he needs to be really bad LOL Simply dots going trough my def cd's, selfheals, and def cds are too much to deal with in that case :p

Personally i see no reason to play play a jugg over mara they only cool thing you get if force push and that's it you do less damage and strangely enough have less survivability

Pretty much the only spec that we are better than maras is rage, as we get 30% more dmg from talents in vengeance tree + 10% more from pvp dps set bonus, so we can dish out more numbers than rage speced mara, and yeah oddly tank/dps hybrid class has less defensive cd's than a pure dps one... go figure :D

As for the OP:

Vengeance is nice dps tree for jugs, but its nowhere near Annihilation. From all the available dot effects, only one seems to do decent dmg, and that is Shatter, had it crit in range of 500-700, but rest is utter crap... ticks of 20-60 that can crit for like 100? As long as our dot effects does not scale with level and gear this spec will be always outperformed by Annihilation.

Jugg:

Mara

- crazy dps

...... you dont ''need'' a Razer naga to play mara....... and honestly, if you ARE using macros, and u get outplayed by other people playing the same class then thats kinda bad.......

like you im always in top 3 dps, 6-7 medals, and always have the highest K/D ratio..... nothing is on a macro though..... macros are for lazy people with a lack of skill...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.