Troopers are op need nerf asap!

Stryfe-

Not only can troopers do amazing damage, but they can go in their healer tree and still do amazing damage...

Not only can they do damage, but they have a knock back and the single best cc in the entire game in the Cryo Grenade...

So not only are they the strongest healers, they are the strongest DD, and the strongest CC.

I open on this trooper (as Sniper) get him to 50% health, he heals to full instantly, he then cryo grenades me, to which my cc break is down, (at this point im at 100% health) I cannot break the cc and he kills me b4 the cc breaks... seriously broaken.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only can troopers do amazing damage, but they can go in their healer tree and still do amazing damage...

Not only can they do damage, but they have a knock back and the single best cc in the entire game in the Cryo Grenade...

So not only are they the strongest healers, they are the strongest DD, and the strongest CC.

I open on this trooper (as Sniper) get him to 50% health, he heals to full instantly, he then cryo grenades me, to which my cc break is down, (at this point im at 100% health) I cannot break the cc and he kills me b4 the cc breaks... seriously broaken.

Stop going by lowbie pvp. Sick of these nerf threads. They are fine. Especially at 50 and they are not OP.

There was a post from a SWTOR Dev before the forum wipe which would have been ideal here. I cannot remember the exact wording and I did not think to save it, but it went something like this.

"When it comes to game balance and deciding whether one profession is stronger or weaker enough than the others that it creates a disadvantage for one side or the other, we will gather in-game metrics and usage information. Once we have enough data to build reasonable statistical models and take the skill of the players out of the equation we will analyse the data. We will not be taking account of complaint posts on forums when making this decision, as that gives us no hard information."

tl&dr

You can post on the forum and whine all you like about being beaten, but if our data shows that you are a crap player who was beaten by a good player, we will ignore you and the community will taunt you. Learn the strengths of your class and how to exploit the weaknesses of other classes. Learn the weaknesses of your class and how to mitigate the strengths of the other classes.

"When it comes to game balance and deciding whether one profession is stronger or weaker enough than the others that it creates a disadvantage for one side or the other, we will gather in-game metrics and usage information. Once we have enough data to build reasonable statistical models and take the skill of the players out of the equation we will analyse the data. We will not be taking account of complaint posts on forums when making this decision, as that gives us no hard information."

tl&dr

You can post on the forum and whine all you like about being beaten, but if our data shows that you are a crap player who was beaten by a good player, we will ignore you and the community will taunt you. Learn the strengths of your class and how to exploit the weaknesses of other classes. Learn the weaknesses of your class and how to mitigate the strengths of the other classes.

I love how the TLDR is less than a line shorter than the original.

Not only can troopers do amazing damage, but they can go in their healer tree and still do amazing damage... Most is AoE. To do damage to a serious degree, they need to plant their feet.

Not only can they do damage, but they have a knock back and the single best cc in the entire game in the Cryo Grenade...Other classes get the same thing (Flash Grenade, etc.). Other classes also get an AoE knockback. As a matter of fact, by level 50 I don't think there is a class that doesn't.

So not only are they the strongest healers, they are the strongest DD, and the strongest CC. Unless they are specced Combat Medic, they are meh healers.

I open on this trooper (as Sniper) get him to 50% health, he heals to full instantly (he/she used a PvP STIM), he then cryo grenades me, to which my cc break is down, (at this point im at 100% health) I cannot break the cc and he kills me b4 the cc breaks... seriously broaken [i call BS on this one. That Cryo Grenade breaks after 4 seconds (max when target is taking damage...at MOST he got off a grenade and a hilt strike...you may have been on fire so there could be a High Impact Bolt hit in there somewhere...either way you're still at >60% HP by the time this is over) you would have time to stun him and haul/heal].

I don't think you're remembering things the way they actually went down.

In the future, you'll be able to use one of your 345 CC abilities to stun him/her, Hunker Down (or AI equivalent) and cast Orbital Strike on him. Then pop out of cover, insta snipe, and end it.

Oh, btw, if you're talenting correctly, you should be getting a 20% damage mitigation buff upon leaving cover, that stacks with cover (you should be exiting and entering cover continually...don't over do it, but take advantage of the mitigation).

Edited by Ossos

call the whambulance, ex-wow player... GAHHH TO HARD MUST NERF!!!!

so for now we had:

Jedi knight complaining bout OP Sniper

Sniper complaining about OP Trooper

Rnd guy complaining about OP inquisitor

keep it coming guys :D

I see this as a good thing, because it means that this game actually gets better with better players.

I don't think anyone is OP its more on the Player and its more truthful in This particular MMO.

Way way way too early to be crying for nerf. I can't believe you actually started this thread. Game is still 5 days from launch. Talk about impatient, shouldn't we let Bioware get enough data first before changing anything. I would recommend level capping before you start throwing "OP" out there.

you can always go back to WoW....they welcome whinny fks like you..

With all due respect to every player here. It's Threads like this that start the wheels of destruction on good MMOs. Star Wars Galaxies was the biggest victim to date.

The process went like this:

Small group of people whined about things being op

Devs reviewing it decide to scale things a bit

Everyone complains that everything is underpowered

Devs come out with a combat upgrade

Everyone complains some more

Devs do a total revamp of the game

Everyone has a digital pile of #$% on their hard drive

Mass un subs

Please...please please. Do not ruin this game with cry baby threads like this. Devs take things like this VERY seriously. You have been playing the game for 3 days, please take the time to learn your character IN & OUT before you start something that will ruin the game for you and everyone else in the end. /rantoff

so for now we had:

Jedi knight complaining bout OP Sniper

Sniper complaining about OP Trooper

Rnd guy complaining about OP inquisitor

keep it coming guys :D

Inquisitors actually are overpowered.. 1v1. I can't be beaten by anything less than another sage/inquisitor of equal skill or a player of much higher level. But I don't see them getting nerfed. Working as intended.:D