Congratulations on 50. Here is your ticket to Azeroth.

Stradlin

Been lvl 50 for some 10 days now. Have yet to see any end game content that wouldn't be a carbon copy of something WoW has been doing for half a decade. This is mildly depressing.

Of course, I've long been well aware of TOR borrowing heavily from same amusement parks for masses - mold WoW uses. With this is in mind, I didn't ding 50 expecting to be revolutionalized! Still..I thought there would be little something. I expected small, tiny fractions of innovation and BW's own flawor that would have at least made me feel like I'm not playing WoW. This is not the case. Mechanics and " this is how we want you to spend your time now"- structures are all a 1:1 copy of what WoW has to offer. Seriously. It is impossible to create lvl cap experience that would remind more of WoW.

BW hasn't even tried to create end game content that looks like..well, their own creation. Instead, they just copied WoW's lvl cap experience as accurately as humanly possible. Surely this is a massive risk to take.. People are sick and tired of WoW. I'd say it is impossible to be sick and tired of WoW's end game and enjoy TOR's copy of it.

I'm off to Eve Online.

Edited by Stradlin

Been lvl 50 for some 10 days now. Have yet to see any end game content that wouldn't be a carbon copy of something WoW has been doing for half a decade. This is mildly depressing.

Of course, I've long been well aware of TOR borrowing heavily from same amusement parks for masses - mold WoW uses. With this is in mind, I didn't ding 50 expecting to be revolutionalized! Still..I thought there would be little something. I expected small, tiny fractions of innovation and BW's own flawor that would have at least made me feel like I'm not playing WoW. This is not the case. Mechanics and " this is how we want you to spend your time now"- structures are all a 1:1 copy of what WoW has to offer. Seriously. It is impossible to create lvl cap experience that would remind more of WoW.

BW hasn't even tried to create end game content that looks like..well, their own creation. They have tried to copy WoW's max lvl experience as accurately as humanly possible.

I'm off to Eve Online.

Have fun with spreadsheets online.:tran_grin:

Aside from maybe Guild Wars, what MMO endgame doesn't feel like WoW?

Zerg Wars endgame doesn't feel like WoWs because it has none.

Edited by Reico

Aside from maybe Guild Wars, what MMO endgame doesn't feel like WoW?

With heavily instanced amusement parks,one is pretty much trapped yeah. They all are essentually the same game. Ever since Ever Quest(HAHALOL!)the genre has been void of innovation. That's why I'm off to Sandboxes. I guess it was foolish of me to buy TOR and assume I wouldn't be bored to death quickly enough. WoW and it's clones are ultimately so similar it is impossible to get bored with only one of them..rather than the entire pile.

Edited by Stradlin

Rest assured that the developers are working on new content to bring back old players, and to reaffirm current players in this game. One cool idea would be flashpoint pvp sequences, where you queue up with another group and race the other faction to the end boss. Lets say for example imperials can finish all of the bosses before the republic, then the imperials are transported to the republic ship and intercept them before they finish the instance.

your burned out dude , maybe get a job and or a girlfriend .

Neither of these helps:mad:

Burned out sounds pretty accurate though yas. Initially I kinda thought I wouldn't be, haven't really been knee deep in WoW's end game in years. It should be long enough " cooldown"!

Edited by Stradlin

BW hasn't even tried to create end game content that looks like..well, their own creation. Instead, they just copied WoW's lvl cap experience as accurately as humanly possible. Surely this is a massive risk to take.. People are sick and tired of WoW. I'd say it is impossible to be sick and tired of WoW's end game and enjoy TOR's copy of it.

I'm off to Eve Online.

Riiiiiiight,

And Eve has end game content?

You need a Phd to play Eve and unless you've been playing it from launch, you don't stand a chance being completive. Hope you LOVE PvP, and I hope you LOVE doing nothing. Do you know how combat works in Eve?

Sorry SWTOR didn't work out for you but how could you NOT have known what it was like or what to expect?

Good luck with Eve...

See you in a week..back here.

With heavily instanced amusement parks,one is pretty much trapped yeah. They all are essentually the same game. Ever since Ever Quest(HAHALOL!)the genre has been void of innovation. That's why I'm off to Sandboxes. I guess it was foolish of me to buy TOR and assume I wouldn't be bored to death quickly enough. WoW and it's clones are ultimately so similar it is impossible to get bored with only one of them..rather than the entire pile.

Its funny that you're stupid yet you think its the game's fault...

I'm off to Eve Online.

*hands a excel spreadsheet* There you go! Have fun!

OH i case you start raging on me Eve online was my home for 5 years. I was there during the dark days when the most that logged on fro a month was only about 700 to about 1200 people. I was in a pirate corp and Curse Region was our home MUHAHA. :D

Riiiiiiight,

And Eve has end game content?

You need a Phd to play Eve and unless you've been playing it from launch, you don't stand a chance being completive. Hope you LOVE PvP, and I hope you LOVE doing nothing. Do you know how combat works in Eve?

Sorry SWTOR didn't work out for you but how could you NOT have known what it was like or what to expect?

Good luck with Eve...

Not 1st time I activate my Eve acc:p

Six hours old character flying Rifter can solve small sclae fleet vs fleet battles.. Well, at least that is MUCH more likely than seeing lvl 10 in TOR/WoW/ETC doing anything remotely remarkable.

Undeniably Eve is something VERY DIFFERENT. So different it takes you few light years away from amusement park routines and comfort zones where you think of stuff like " end game" and " gearing up" and " raid guild"

Generally speaking that's what Sand Box MMOs undeniably have over Amusement Parks. They don't motivate you with end game but rather encourage to carve your own footprint in world/community.

...But yeah, ofc most things that exite me so much about sandbox concept right now turns terribly boring in few months/years. Then it's back to TOR or WoW:l Such depressing cycle:p

Edited by Stradlin

Not 1st time I activate my Eve acc:p

Six hours old character flying Rifter can solve small sclae fleet vs fleet battles.. Well, at least that is MUCH more likely than seeing lvl 10 in TOR/WoW/ETC doing anything remotely remarkable.

Undeniably Eve is something VERY DIFFERENT. So different it takes you few light years away from amusement park routines and comfort zones where you think of stuff like " end game" and " gearing up" and " raid guild"

Generally speaking that's what Sand Box MMOs undeniably have over Amusement Parks. They don't motivate you with end game but rather encourage to carve your own footprint in world/community.

...But yeah, ofc most things that exite me so much about sandbox concept right now turns terribly boring in few months/years. Then it's back to TOR or WoW:l Such depressing cycle:p

Lol ya see?

We will see you in a week!

Take a break and dont take SWTOR so seriously, it's not one of THOSE games, it is fun, accessible and familiar.

See you out there!

What? People still get to the end of themepark MMO's and find out there's nothing left for them to do?!

Outrageous!!!

It's a themepark - go home now. Fun time over. If anybody on WoW had any self-control or even a modicum of sense, they'd have quit a month after hitting cap on any of the expansions, realizing it's a soul-sucking treadmill that gives nothing back.

Endgame = TOTAL lack of incentive to stay outside of -candy candy- raids and xbox achievements (whoa innovative). Not my idea of fun having pubescent-sounding men yelling at me for missing a heal in a raid. Devs try to keep up with players by creating more content, but it doesn't work that way and never will.

When will people understand themepark MMO's were not built to last? In other words - not built with endgame truly in mind. Themepark endgame is brain-bleedingly terrible and always has been.

Edited by RocketbootsMOFO

I'm off to Eve Online.

I'll be the one to put down what we are all secretly thinking

Bye. You won't be missed /thread.

I had this feeling as well but I'm not about to trash this game with doom and gloom.

Am I satisfied with the end game? No, I am not. I was actually sad reaching level 50 knowing that my character's story had come to an end and all that awaited me would be mindless grind. Was I satisfied with the end game of wow? No, I was not. Yet I played that game for years. You can't expect perfection from an MMORPG.

Do I enjoy the endgame of SWTOR more than that of wow? Yes.

What I absolutely love about this game is that there is no cross-server bullsh*t. As silly as it sounds, it was one of the main things I was looking forward to with this game. I couldn't care less about some title or rank to prove how überly awesome I am at pvp. I want honest recognition, and I can get that in SWTOR by simply being active in pvp and do my job well. I've gotten to know a lot of people, complete strangers at first that I nowadays group up with often. People from other guilds! This never happened in wow! I hated the Dungeon Tool so much. People would say "hi" and "bye" over the span of 15-20 minutes. No idle chatter, no joking, no nothing. People were there to do their boring repetitive grind and the only thing they shared with the group was that they were all equally selfish. If they did chat then it was because someone did something wrong, and rather than be helpful they would say something in the lines of "omg u suck".

The endgame of SWTOR isn't very innovative. In fact it's a complete copy of wow. You've got the dailies, you've got the warzones/battlegrounds, you've got the flashpoints/dungeons and operations/raids. The main thing that bothers me though is that they ruined the one innovative thing that a lot of people learned to love during levelling; moddable items. Bioware said that they didn't want everyone to look the same... well, yeah, mission failed. I look the same as every other agent, and every smuggler I meet has a cowboy hat. And then you cannot change the colour of your weapons! Every battlemaster sith will be forced to use that ugly black/red lightsaber. A jedi/sith cannot change the colour of his lightsaber? Isn't that like one of THE most iconic things in star wars? Why would they rob us of this freedom? The moddable items were great! A MUCH better solution than vanity slots. A much more INTERESTING solution than enchants and reforging.

There are lots of things that I've complained about with this game but at the end of the day it's newer than wow. Despite lack of content, it's warzones are much more fast-paced than wow's stale battlegrounds. The flashpoints and operations are more interesting than wow's dungeons and raids. The only thing I liked better in wow was the daily questing areas. Dailies are mind-numbingly boring and the only thing that made me do them on a daily basis in wow was the chance of encountering enemy players. That never happens in swtor and I hope that's something they'll consider for future updates.

They didn't reinvent the wheel... Been known for a long time that SWTOR endgame/pvp are bare bones. They won't stay bare bones but are right now. Dynamic content is coming and much more. But that isn't going to solve your current problem.

The fun in this game is the leveling and story. If you aren't/can't enjoy the many stories in the game then you won't enjoy SWTOR.

That's right. You're suppose to re-roll at level 50 until they have more 50 content.

That's why I couldn't play WoW for long, I was playing constantly & got burned out in a matter of months. With SWTOR, I'm taking my time. Just enjoying the ride.

Plus I only play when my wife is playing, so we can level together, that helps a lot.

With every class having it's own story line, I can't see why more people wouldn't roll an alt. Who knows, you might play a class you had no real interest in, but find you really enjoy.