Sentinel lacks depth (but so does almost every other class)

Arrianlol

There's a reason they make these MMOs with minimal requirements for systems....they want EVERYONE to be able to enjoy the game. Not just the people who're used to playing with 30 binds. Can I do it? Well ya, I've played a mage/priest/rogue/pally and I've been 2500. This is why I know what a melee class should feel like. The reason that people complain about being controlled as a watchman sent is because it requires so much throughput to DO damage. Being kited is a part of being a melee class. But the other part is us being able to throw up damage quickly as soon as we get on target. Another problem about being kited is that we have to be on target to build our resources...whereas every other class is POOLING resources while being controlled....you see how this puts us at a much greater disadvantage than other classes?

Watchman can't even SWITCH targets because our dots and everything else has a CD that's...what? 10s ++? That's crazy for a melee class to have.

If you want merc slash to have REAL synergy with the tree. Lower it's focus cost and damage a bit, remove the CD and have it's secondary effect either increase the stacks of burn on OS or increase the duration of your burns. IMHO.

Yes, I understand this is geared at being for all audiences. I have no problem with the class being PLAYABLE by all, the problem I have is the class being PERFECTED by everyone and their mom. Then what's the point?

The reason I personally complain about being controlled is because of roots and immobilizes not being factored towards the already broken resolve meter. As a watchman, we've only got one two minute cc breaker. So how do we deal with sniper spammable immobilizes? Or even KBs for that matter, one KB can usually simply end the fight before resolve even has a chance to build. Never mind that KB/Root thing inquis gets. Absolutely ridiculous.

The 'resource' we're pooling is the ability to deal out high damage more frequently and apply our killer app dot more frequently. I see no issues with that. Guardians are on literally the exact same resource system as us and you don't hear complaints from them... Okay, kinda a bad example, but still. You see what I'm getting at?

Watchmen can switch targets you know. In an entirely non standard way, but it's pretty easy. You just have to time it. The benefit we get for staying on target is that our DoTs and directs can work together. However, switching targets when you have OS and/or Cauterize up and maybe a stack of Merc or two is totally viable. Again, it just comes down to timing. Even if our CDs are off we can always buy time with Awe or Stasis.

Absolutely positively under no circumstances should they lower merc slash's damage. If anything, I would extend the duration that the stacks of the buff that merc builds so that there's less of a time crunch issue with stacking it. Even then, the most radical change I would make would be to MAYBE make it refresh burns on a target. MAYBE. And even that sounds a little game breaking when you think about it. It does fit in canon though, a merciless watchman doesn't let his DoTs tick off, now does he? With OS and Caut tho, there'd be a lot of rebalancing that goes with it.

Point is, it ain't broke. It could improve, but it sure as hell isn't whine-worthy. Talk to some scoundrels about pvp if you want to hear about how Bioware 'fixes' things like this.

I wonder why you said, "This game is a mess, have fun nerds" and yet you are still hanging around. I'll assume it's because your subscription hasn't run out yet.

The game needs tweaking as does any new game. It's a HECK of a lot better than some other popular .. over simplified mmos out there though. Get this, we still have elites and champions outside of dungeons, and there are some fights you have to "think" a little during.

I don't know how many agree with you, but that's fine if they do. Leave the game for folk who like it. This is the most fun I've gotten out of an MMO since a pre-wrath nerfed WoW.

I wonder why you said, "This game is a mess, have fun nerds" and yet you are still hanging around. I'll assume it's because your subscription hasn't run out yet.

The game needs tweaking as does any new game. It's a HECK of a lot better than some other popular .. over simplified mmos out there though. Get this, we still have elites and champions outside of dungeons, and there are some fights you have to "think" a little during.

I don't know how many agree with you, but that's fine if they do. Leave the game for folk who like it. This is the most fun I've gotten out of an MMO since a pre-wrath nerfed WoW.

Brofist.

+1

I was having a lot of fun on my sentinel until i started doing warzones tbh. I find it rather strange that in WoW melee is easier than playing a caster...and in every other MMO I've played it's the other way around.

And no my sub isn't up yet and people keep responding to this thread. I'm not sure if I'm going to reroll or just stop playing. The thing is that I have REALLY talented people to play with once ranked pvp comes out. I honestly really pushed myself to play a sentinel for the group buffs. I wanted to bring that utility. I also wanted to play an iconic starwars class.

I will probably level my sage haha

I was having a lot of fun on my sentinel until i started doing warzones tbh. I find it rather strange that in WoW melee is easier than playing a caster...and in every other MMO I've played it's the other way around.

And no my sub isn't up yet and people keep responding to this thread. I'm not sure if I'm going to reroll or just stop playing. The thing is that I have REALLY talented people to play with once ranked pvp comes out. I honestly really pushed myself to play a sentinel for the group buffs. I wanted to bring that utility. I also wanted to play an iconic starwars class.

I will probably level my sage haha

Transcendence and Insp are just so clutch sometimes. I love how while you're in between combat zones you can use the AoE move focus cost reduction to build centering quickly due to Valor and get a free full centering stack before combat even begins. Even if I were to suck, at least SOMEONE is getting +15% ^_^

Edited by demoncoww

I was having a lot of fun on my sentinel until i started doing warzones tbh.

Stop doing warzones? Maybe its a burn out on them, play your sent in flashpoints or ops or just dailies. If you enjoyed the class but for this one area, don't give up on it yet, try something else.

Transcendence and Insp are just so clutch sometimes. I love how while you're in between combat zones you can use the AoE move focus cost reduction to build centering quickly due to Valor and get a free full centering stack before combat even begins. Even if I were to suck, at least SOMEONE is getting +15% ^_^

That and we have a freakin 4s lockout on a 6s cd and leap interrupts on top of that...AND a healing debuff? They have all the best utility for a melee class by far.

The only thing that lacks depth is your skill as a sentinel apparently. Try trooper, might be more your speed.

You would think people would eventually get over these sentinel QQ threads, and give them some time to fix things. The Devs can only work so fast, and there are tons of issues im sure that need fixing.

http://www.twitch.tv/sandoichi/b/307373924 some do just fine the way things are.

The only thing that lacks depth is your skill as a sentinel apparently. Try trooper, might be more your speed.

You would think people would eventually get over these sentinel QQ threads, and give them some time to fix things. The Devs can only work so fast, and there are tons of issues im sure that need fixing.

http://www.twitch.tv/sandoichi/b/307373924 some do just fine the way things are.

O look, random person with below average intellect and sub 2 years experience playing MMOs. Probably a star wars fan who wanted the kewl new game and he links a video to an awesome battlemaster sent who's best skill, as shown in the first few minutes that I watched, is making people NOT attack you at all!

O look, random person with below average intellect and sub 2 years experience playing MMOs. Probably a star wars fan who wanted the kewl new game and he links a video to an awesome battlemaster sent who's best skill, as shown in the first few minutes that I watched, is making people NOT attack you at all!

you have seen his sig right ?

Zombie thread limps on...

Seriously though, does anyone have any constructive criticism for the Sentinel class?

Who sides on the 'It's totally broken and lacks any depth' side with my opponent and who sides on the counter? Actual evidence based on fact would be preferred. And no more arguing about whether or not priority exists in Watchman... that's... let's just not go back to the dark ages.

inb4 yet another troll/short commentary on previous flaming/WoW hate or love.

Oh hey, thanks for flagging my post by the way. I guess I used some overly harsh language and hurt some feelings. My bad apparently.

*CAPTAIN, THE SARCASMOMETER CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS!*

Edited by demoncoww