Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while the forums has seen a large number of threads requesting for a wider selection of playable species. Previously it was mentioned that extra dialogue would need to be recorded before implementing them. Also in the recent video discussing about the features we may see in the future which included the legacy system, UI customization and the mention of new companions; there was nothing said about the possibility of new playable species. Will we be seeing any new playable races anytime soon?

Is there any chance at increasing the level of difficulty of operations so that, lets say, Nightmare mode is truly a nightmare to clear? Several guilds and mine feel that the current level of difficulty in current content is too easy.

What are your thoughts on RP'ing, helping RP guilds into content and with more emotes and the like? For instance, adding a /lie emote. Or adding some nice hubs without quest or NPC content, just to be used for RP places. Edited by Sithisaril

When can we expect to see master loot work in normal mode op groups as an alternative to auto-assigned loot? (perhaps the feature would need ALL group members to agree to it in order for it to be enabled, something akin to a ready-check function).

***Thanks for holding the weekly q/a !!!!! ******

Background: This feature is needed especially in all guild groups in which experienced raiders are trying to help new raiders gear up, and don't need any of the auto-assigned loot.

are there any plans to make a dual-spec? I think it is need for people who want to fulfill a role based on a groups need. Also it would make leveling a lot easier for somebody who wants to heal when doing flashpoints but also avoid not doing much damage when just doing regular quest. Also there are many people who don't like to have the same role for pvp and pve or there maybe talents that aren't necessarily useful in both pve and pvp

are you familiar with the game mmorpg runes of magic?

only bringing this up because the game probably has the best UI configuration among all games that i have ever come across and i think it could act as a formidable source of inspiration when you begin developing the swtor ui further

When it comes to end game do you visualize there being much more than just a gear grind eventually? While I enjoy doing my pvp and and raiding to get gear, I would like to see more than just getting gear. Without giving away any secrets on future content (unless you want to) can you let us know your thoughts and theories on endgame?

Many of us have several characters who are not related to one another and whose stories do not intersect. Do you plan to allow us to have different surnames and legacy names for our various characters or are you sticking with the current rule of one unique name for all characters on a server?

Why is the CE vendor sooo poorly stocked/done? Did Bioware do this on purpose to get + Dark Side points? It is like a slap to the face every time I see that Ithorian!

I have yet to hear a response from Bioware regarding how the CE vendor will be "Dynamic" or how they just screwed us and they suck.

As all Trooper/Bounty Hunters know, there is a problem with SHIELDING since as of the current system, Shield DOES NOT proc on any damage types apart from weapon and kinetic damage which accounts for a mere < 30% of attacks. This renders shield builds not viable for both PVP and PVE as most attacks WILL NOT be shielded. Could we kindly have a response from the developer team whether any action will be taken on this glaring shortcoming?