What exactly are "Rated" Battlegrounds?

Dogfatherxx

Hi everyone, I have been looking all over and can't seem to find out much about the upcoming "Rated" Battegrounds. I am trying to find out exactly what they mean by it?

Does it mean:

People will be matched against people their same valor rank?

Premades will face premades for rankings?

They inrroduce some kind of "Tru-skill" system (independant of valor) like Halo where people will be matched against others?

They will introduce a Wow-arena type system?

What are your thoughts?

Hi everyone, I have been looking all over and can't seem to find out much about the upcoming "Rated" Battegrounds. I am trying to find out exactly what they mean by it?

Does it mean:

People will be matched against people their same valor rank?

Premades will face premades for rankings?

They inrroduce some kind of "Tru-skill" system (independant of valor) like Halo where people will be matched against others?

They will introduce a Wow-arena type system?

What are your thoughts?

I am guessing premades vs premades for rankings and placing of matches. This is what I'd like to see atleast.

So I guess no one really knows at this point what they mean?

Look, all they are going to do is go down the list of what WoW has done and toss their own version of it into this game. It will probably be a duplicate of the rated bg's system in wow that maybe 2% of the population used.

Look, all they are going to do is go down the list of what WoW has done and toss their own version of it into this game. It will probably be a duplicate of the rated bg's system in wow that maybe 2% of the population used.

Where do you get your numbers because I hear 80% of statistics on the internet are made up.

Where do you get your numbers because I hear 80% of statistics on the internet are made up.

Rated battlegrounds in wow were a flop. I talked to many people on my realm and forums and found very few ever participated in it. It was just easier to do arena as opposed to trying to find 5-10 players for rated bg's.

Cross-server 8 player premades competing in ranked matches and tournaments.

That is what I would like to see.

"Cross-server" - please don't. It will mess up PvP even more and it's already pretty messed up.

"8 player premades" - where do I sign up? They should have allowed us to queue with 8 player group from the start.

"ranked matches and tournaments" - don't care to be honest. Current (not ranked) warzones are fine IMHO, we just need more variety.