Bioware listens

TheRealDestian

I made and bumped this thread like a mad SOB:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=226486

In the 1.1.2 patch notes:

"If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived."

Thanks for listening, BW. :)

(Cue whining about "BW hasn't listened about ______", ignoring the fact that changes take time...)

(Cue whining about "BW hasn't listened about ______", ignoring the fact that changes take time...)

Also ignoring that the mere fact of players wanting a change does't make it a good change...

Something like this comes in because it's a good change. If the devs know something would be a bad change, no amount of forum whining will ever get it in.

Also ignoring that the mere fact of players wanting a change does't make it a good change...

Something like this comes in because it's a good change. If the devs know something would be a bad change, no amount of forum whining will ever get it in.

All he was saying is that they listened to the players about this issue, i dont understand your post.

All he was saying is that they listened to the players about this issue, i dont understand your post.

Just pointing something out. People saying "they haven't listened about X" could well be moaning about something that would be a bad change - and believe it or not, players request things that would be bad for a game all the bloody time (largely, it's a perspective issue).

Just pointing something out. People saying "they haven't listened about X" could well be moaning about something that would be a bad change - and believe it or not, players request things that would be bad for a game all the bloody time (largely, it's a perspective issue).

Yeah, this is definitely an issue.

I've made suggestions for things that I definitely don't expect them to actually put in, but would be neat if they did.

This was a minor change and a HUGE PITA, especially in PvP. You need to reactivate sprint every time you die, which means sprint NEEDED to be on a hotbar, taking up an unnecessary space.

Yeah, this is definitely an issue.

Not really an issue (aside from being a community issue) in light of two things: Designers think differently from players and make decisions about changes, and for this game the metrics system in place means that they can actually have reliable data to base their decisions upon.

Not really an issue (aside from being a community issue) in light of two things: Designers think differently from players and make decisions about changes, and for this game the metrics system in place means that they can actually have reliable data to base their decisions upon.

I mean it's an issue in the sense that people very often make angry topics about various things that A) aren't good suggestions and B) only serve to act as more fodder devs have to sort through to FIND good suggestions.

I mean it's an issue in the sense that people very often make angry topics about various things that A) aren't good suggestions and B) only serve to act as more fodder devs have to sort through to FIND good suggestions.

That is true.

It's also part of what the Community Team is for, pretty certain.

I'll be honest: not sure what he means.

Is BW god?

Be careful what you wish for, basically.

Alternatively, it could be a comment on magical thinking, but that hardly seems relevant.

Edited by Inarai

I do not think toggle chat bubbles are a perspective issue.