So i stopped playing wow to play ToR. Now im level 50 and just doing the same things

Sern

Man I'd love anything like an Entertainer.

Same man, It would bring a whole different element to the game, would attract a different variety of player and would not be hard to to add to the game....Such a little thing could make so much difference. In SWG it was very rare to not be able to find an Entertainer somewhere. There are players in the game that would play them, and some would only play as entertainer's because they only like the social side of MMO's..

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same man, It would bring a whole different element to the game, would attract a different variety of player and would not be hard to to add to the game....Such a little thing could make so much difference. In SWG it was very rare to not be able to find an Entertainer somewhere. There are players in the game that would play them, and some would only play as entertainer's because they only like the social side of MMO's..

SWGEMU welcomes more players.

Just sayin'

edit: sounds snarky. not intended to be snarky.

Edited by marshalleck

If anything it would at least be great to see people actually go to a Cantina. I miss SWG's cantinas you'd see the entertainers yea but once a week I remember people would just come to talk, socialize, make our games or anything else we can think of. The social aspect of SWG was amazing and while TOR obviously has more subs than SWG ever did it feels desolate.

You're doing it wrong OP.

According to the Bioware Defense Force, the correct way to play your level 50 is to shelf him and start an alt.

Well in the Bioware Defense force's defense ( see what i did there? :D) It IS Bioware's strategy. They are banking on you rolling alts.

Well in the Bioware Defense force's defense ( see what i did there? :D) It IS Bioware's strategy. They are banking on you rolling alts.

Well that's just stupid. The only real difference is the class quests and there are only a handful of those to experience. Once your done you think to yourself now what?

you are tired of the genre period.

*snip * (redundant crap everyone else already said_)

This is wrong.

One game can offer a lot more than another and be in the same genre. I can list 100 things to do in WoW and maybe 50 to do in EQ2 that would make me happier than the LIMITED stuff you can do in this game at 50.

So I stopped playing an old FPS to play a new one. Now I'm just shooting people and tossing grenades like I used to in the old game. How could this have possibly happened?

--edit--

Sarcasm aside, while I understand the feeling reflected in the OP, I would assume that if you buy a new MMORPG, you will end up doing many of the same things you do in other MMORPGs.

Edited by Aussircaex

That is not endgame or a great alternative. /facepalm

There are so few quests in the game people reach level 50 way to early which is another problem.

I've been noticing that as well, if you are leveling normally you'll end up doing 75% of the zone. I'm use to have leaving or doing chunks of content with some to spare.

Hmm Sounds like you are tired of MMO's. Like it or not but this is the MMO's genre, you can if you want try a sandbox MMO but theres a reason they don't succeed.

My Advance take a break from MMO's try some FPS's, RPG's or something completely different.

It's not the MMORPG genre itself, it's the same boring style of pure themepark BS.

Look at Guild Wars 2. They're in the MMO genre, yet they're innovating in a bunch of different places.

It's not the MMORPG genre itself, it's the same boring style of pure themepark BS.

Look at Guild Wars 2. They're in the MMO genre, yet they're innovating in a bunch of different places.

Innovating, and at the very least improving on old concepts. Not to say there won't be some shortcomings, there always are. But as far as games to watch that break the mold of what an MMO is? Guild Wars 2 is definitively the one to be watching.

No one has patients anymore to give developers time to add stuff to the game?

If you answered no, then go play another MMO..

And to the OP... what do you expect to do at max level? And the game is not dying and people are not running away from the game.

If you really have issues then take a break and come back in 3 months or so. No one is forcing you to play SWTOR. There are other games out there, but oh yeah....

In WoW your going to do the same stuff at max level..

In EQ2 your going to do the same stuff at max level..

In LOTRO your going to do the same stuff at max level..

In Vanguard Saga of Heros your going to do the same stuff at max level..

In Rift your going to do the same stuff at max level..

do you see a pattern here?

BioWare has made a great game to play through. There is more than one story in the game. They also never said, "OMG come race to level 50 and see our awesome end game!!" No, they said ,"Come play through our amazing story lines and different class quests, etc.."

This is what you all asked for before the game launched now that you got it you want to complain about doing the same things. Can't please everyone...

It certainly wasn't what I asked for. It certainly also wasn't what Bioware had said we were getting. Just go listen to the old dev commentaries about how pvp will be a central focus, and will blow us away. There's a few others out there. Now, I don't mind it, not at all. But don't speak for everyone.

When Guild Wars launches its going to be the same stuff.. People are going to cry that there are not guild banks, and LFG and raids and quests and talking NPC (cause now your going to have to read crap).. Your going to complain there is nothing to do at max level.. Wait and see.. But on a side note there is no sub. So play that and something else.

Im sorry but i was hyped for this game only to be disappointed... and if bioware thinks im lvling 8 classes to 50 there insane..doing the same planet 8 times with 1 different quest line doesnt seem quite fun...

They should be more focused on implementing things that should of been here day 1 and fix bugs and other abilities not working.

Game is to story driven to be an MMO, voice acting got boring after lvl 20

Im not trying to sound like a rager and im not saying SWTOR is gonna fail. i like the game and i hope it succeeds and i hope i come back. its just right now i feel like theres no point to even logging on..

This is just my honest opinion

Totally agree, people always come out with the " Its an MMO, what did you expect" line....Well that doesn't wash anymore. With the resources and time Bioware have had, they could have at the very least given the game some atmosphere, or Target of Target anyone........Seriously, pick a city, or cantina....Goto it....What do you see ???

Lifeless Npc's and the odd questing player running in and out of the door...

What annoys me more is the SWG bashing squad, Every time someone mentions it, same old response..."emu is that way" " SWG is dead" blah blah blah

Well one thing SOE did get right, Is how to create atmosphere, Ambience, a crafting system and a social scene for the players.........SWTOR is light years off any of that....

Again....Target of Target anyone...???

:mad::mad::mad:

When Guild Wars launches its going to be the same stuff.. People are going to cry that there are not guild banks, and LFG and raids and quests and talking NPC (cause now your going to have to read crap).. Your going to complain there is nothing to do at max level.. Wait and see.. But on a side note there is no sub. So play that and something else.

You're fundamentally wrong on a few of your points. You can be in multipule guilds at once, for example. You simply choose which one you want to champion and earn rewards. GW2 has voice acting as well for many of it's main story quests, and the quests you pick up to start say an arena event, are a blurb of information - the entire game is designed about getting you to be Playing the game, and not watching it, or grinding.

The LFG system is un-needed, as the only thing you need focused groups for are the Dungeons themselves. Everyone is awarded equal loot/exp for a kill if they contribute to, including world boss kills and normal kills out in the world.

Max level is no different than low levels, other than you look cooler, and the story progresses. When you move between zones downward, you are always the top level for that zone, if you're 80, entering a 20 zone, you're 20. The mobs will never be below you.

There's lots more info out there, check it out. You may like it!

Im sorry but i was hyped for this game only to be disappointed... and if bioware thinks im lvling 8 classes to 50 there insane..doing the same planet 8 times with 1 different quest line doesnt seem quite fun...

They should be more focused on implementing things that should of been here day 1 and fix bugs and other abilities not working.

Game is to story driven to be an MMO, voice acting got boring after lvl 20

Im not trying to sound like a rager and im not saying SWTOR is gonna fail. i like the game and i hope it succeeds and i hope i come back. its just right now i feel like theres no point to even logging on..

This is just my honest opinion

So you do not like alts and you hate the voice acting.. what then did you get "hyped" for in SWTOR before launch? Think maybe you had the wrong idea of what the game was going to be.

Yes I do and in all those games id probably be max level after 4-5 months....

Ive played SWTOR for 2 and have 2 lvl 50's and a lvl 23....Im no hardcore gamer...I have a job and play normal casual hours.

Doesn't really say alot for a game 6 years in development, Less acting more Crafting and Socializing Content please...!! END GAME DOES NOT = RAIDING

Edited by Nippon

No one has patients anymore to give developers time to add stuff to the game?

If you answered no, then go play another MMO..

And to the OP... what do you expect to do at max level? And the game is not dying and people are not running away from the game.

If you really have issues then take a break and come back in 3 months or so. No one is forcing you to play SWTOR. There are other games out there, but oh yeah....

BioWare has made a great game to play through. There is more than one story in the game. They also never said, "OMG come race to level 50 and see our awesome end game!!" No, they said ,"Come play through our amazing story lines and different class quests, etc.."

but people can't do that these days man. You are expecting a person to sit through an awesome experience and story and make choices that THEY Want to make?! :o thats..thats..unheard of! :p

some QQers on the forums...want the whole NOW I WANT IT NOW! GIMME GIMME GIMME NO LEVEL CAP ALL STORY ALL THE TIME EVERY WEAPON AVAILABLE EVERYTHING WHERE I CAN TURN INTO W/E CLASS I WANT!!!! crowd...

but then..there is the majority..who love the game and will continue to make it grow. Then there are the people who buy it more, then come back after things have happened

but yah..it's an amazing game with an amazing story, amazing choices, amazing combat, amazing environments with very good looking worlds, creatures, and places. It will be the game to beat very soon.

lol...I would like to see an mmorpg even TRY to beat this in a couple years when there are over 50 planets in the game...and even more so in 5 years when there are 120 plus...lol.. SWTOR is the game of the future. It's just gonna keep growing and growing. :)

but people can't do that these days man. You are expecting a person to sit through an awesome experience and story and make choices that THEY Want to make?! :o thats..thats..unheard of! :p

some QQers on the forums...want the whole NOW I WANT IT NOW! GIMME GIMME GIMME NO LEVEL CAP ALL STORY ALL THE TIME EVERY WEAPON AVAILABLE EVERYTHING WHERE I CAN TURN INTO W/E CLASS I WANT!!!! crowd...

but then..there is the majority..who love the game and will continue to make it grow. Then there are the people who buy it more, then come back after things have happened

but yah..it's an amazing game with an amazing story, amazing choices, amazing combat, amazing environments with very good looking worlds, creatures, and places. It will be the game to beat very soon.

lol...I would like to see an mmorpg even TRY to beat this in a couple years when there are over 50 planets in the game...and even more so in 5 years when there are 120 plus...lol.. SWTOR is the game of the future. It's just gonna keep growing and growing. :)

No one is saying what you're saying they're saying.