So i stopped playing wow to play ToR. Now im level 50 and just doing the same things

Sern

i disliked WOW, i did not like the gameplay and i absolutly loath fantasy, mostly because i hate all things that are elves.

I played SWG as my only mmo and that is because i am a Starwars fan, I came here because frankly KOTOR was awesome and it seemed like a great ERA for a new starwars MMO............. BUT........A couple months down the line and i feel that if this game was not STARWARS, i would not even be logging in.

Playing a Sith is a ton of fun, but once i hit end game i roll a new toon and move on, don't even log into my "main' anymore..if you can call it that.

I am all paid up for 3 months so we will see how it goes. Just odd, i never thought about canceling SWG for 8 years, I really looked forward to this game but I am not paying 15 bucks just to do flashpoints and huttball.

I am keeping the faith though as this could very well be the last starwars mmo ever, heres to hoping end game picks up alot.

Edited by kirorx

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you do not like alts and you hate the voice acting.. what then did you get "hyped" for in SWTOR before launch? Think maybe you had the wrong idea of what the game was going to be.

Yes ur right i did have something different of what SWTOR was gonna be. Hopefully bioware fixes the game so it feels more like im playing an mmo rather than a single player game

It doesn't matter if it's B2P or anything else. People will STILL find a way to complain the most perfect game could be created one day and despite it being perfect people would still complain. GW2 will get alot of hate just as every other game thats come before it has.

Quite true. My point however is that there is no 'threat of quitting'. You buy the game for exactly what it is and if you are dissatisfied then you don't buy the next expansion. You won't be forced to pay for the game while they 'fix' it.

After TOR I might not have even bought GW2 at first if it was subscription based. The reason I will is because even if it is not what I'm looking for then I'm still only down the box cost. . . ever.

So yes, in that respect, there is a huge difference between a subscription, cash shop, and B2P. People who are still subbed and dissatisfied complain because they are paying for a service and as long as they are paying they have every right to complain.

i disliked WOW, i did not like the gameplay and i absolutly loath fantasy, mostly because i hate all things that are elves.

I played SWG as my only mmo and that is because i am a Starwars fan, I came here because frankly KOTOR was awesome and it seemed like a great ERA for a new starwars MMO............. BUT........A couple months down the line and i feel that if this game was not STARWARS, i would not even be logging in.

Playing a Sith is a ton of fun, but once i hit end game i roll a new toon and move on, don't even log into my "main' anymore..if you can call it that.

I am all paid up for 3 months so we will see how it goes. Just odd, i never thought about canceling SWG for 8 years, I really looked forward to this game but I am not paying 15 bucks just to do flashpoints and huttball.

Exactly what he said...

Far to many players on these boards knock SWG because they never played it, or got so but hurt over the NGE they left and have nothing better to do but slate it...

SWG was an amazing game that i also played for 4.5 years, never once left and never had a week go by I didnt log in....In all honesty ive played a few MMO's and I cannot repeat that sentence for any of them.

As the guy im quoting said, Hes here because its Star Wars, and if this was some fantasy game, id be gone already, il stick around but the fact its Star Wars will only wash for so long..

3 simple things fix this game.

Good crafting system that provides END GAME Rewards, that Raiders cannot do with out and have to have to complete there gear.

Social system and or Entertainer class with Cantina specific buffs similar to what was found in SWG.

A Galaxy wide compelling PVP and Space system.

Add those 3 to what already exists in game and then you have the best MMO ever made no questions asked.

Carry on as it is, and in 1 to 1.5 years you have a 200k sub base and a load of people saying, Remember when SWTOR was the next big thing, its got good voice acting though.

Edited by Nippon

Meh, you're not alone bro. Just take a look at how many people are running far, far away from this game and how fast! Its really like nothing I've seen before. I think even AOC lasted longer after release. lol

Just look at this graph: http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

I remember just about 2 weeks ago the sample size was over 15,000. Now its like 7k something players. Just keeps plummeting.

I can't believe how many of you morons are following *XFIRE* for game statistics...

title says it all.

running heroics is an option.

but mostly im doing pvp dailys and the failure that is ilum.

anyone know of any fun world pvp hotspots? anything im missing that is new and exciting that hasnt already been done better by other mmos.

thanks in advance.

P.S. my thought process is if im already established on WoW. why would i start over here for more of the exact same concepts that are even less refined and aggrivatingly buggy?

if you're not going to have fun it might as well be in wow...:rolleyes:

Yes this all sounds fun on paper but it will still be just like everything else. When your level 80 are you really going to go back to a level 20 dungeon and do that again? Even though you look uber? And you also say that the LFG would not be needed but for the dungeons.... ummm... that is what people are calling for here as well.

The dungeons start at level 35, and there is one every 10 levels after to 80, at which there are 3 more. These dungeons feature two modes, story and exploration. The dungeons themselves will feature dynamic events that change. I don't know everything about them, but they did say the bosses will have different abilities, depending on what ideration of them you get. As well as in exploration mode, the dungeon will change it's objectives every time you do it. There is talk of additional difficulty modes as well.

So no, your comparison is incorrect. Dungeons are 5 man, only five man, and never more than five man. They are there to see story and represent a challenge. Gear comes from them, but it's not the point of them.

GW2 is not about gear.

It's not the MMORPG genre itself, it's the same boring style of pure themepark BS.

Look at Guild Wars 2. They're in the MMO genre, yet they're innovating in a bunch of different places.

Oh, people will be ************ and moaning about Guild Wars 2 in no time.

Oh, people will be ************ and moaning about Guild Wars 2 in no time.

Probably. However, they're trying something different at least with all aspects of their game.

Something is bound to go wrong.

But they're trying. Some things have no excuse.

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

I might roll an alt if i didnt say the same stupid corny lines, do nearly all the same quests and if i had a little impact on the story. If im light side or dark side my ending is still the same, no matter what I do it does not matter..

BORING

They might as well get rid of the convos and just have action cutscenes and it play out like drakes fortune or something.

Edited by DirtyDiggler

Top raid guilds have left in droves already. Go check elitist jerks, mmo champion, youtube...etc. My own guild which had over 500 members in SWTOR is now down to less than 70. In game. Probably less than 25 by the end of Feb.

This game is a joke. A complete status quo attempt MMO. If you do like this game, think about it, you're the idiot some bozo exec's tried to swindle while creating this piece of garbage......objectively, this game is crap.

Edited by jeepoverland

Top raid guilds have left in droves already. Go check elitist jerks, mmo champion, youtube...etc. My own guild which had over 500 members in SWTOR is now down to less than 70. In game. Probably less than 25 by the end of Feb.

This game is a joke. A complete status quo attempt MMO. If you do like this game, think about it, you're the idiot some bozo exec's tried to swindle while creating this piece of garbage......objectively, this game is crap.

hmmmm. my guild is still experiencing solid growth.

What do I do when I've seen all the stories?!! :eek:

What do you do in any MMO when you've gone through all of it? :rolleyes:

Star Wars isn't The Neverending Story of MMO's.

It's a video game with a certain amount of content that progressively gets additions over time.

You've gone through every story, played all of both factions, ranked to BM in PVP, finished all the end game content and feel you've beaten the game but want more right now anyway?

It's a simple reason.

More doesn't exist.

Video games have a start and finish.

Wait for the next expansion/patch content or move on...just like with ANY other MMO. :)

- DH

Edited by Diet-Hutt