Blitz - Anyone else kinda underwhelmed with it?

Fordel

Blitz

Instant

Cooldown: 45s

Range: 4 m

Bashes the target, dealing 2253 - 2315 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets or 1613 - 1676 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

---

So there is the ability, if anyone is not familiar with it or if a BH is peeking on our side.

I understand that it's sort of a pseudo ammo regen ability, since it's free and will give you extra ticks of regen. I also understand it's a way to help 'burst' down a target a bit faster. I still have some issues with it though.

First issue I have, and one that isn't exclusive to Blitz by any means, is the very restrictive usability on targets. I think most classes have at least one ability like this, that is only usable on trash mobs and silvers. It's extremely limiting, means the ability has no use in PvP OR high end PvE. No players, no golds, no champions or bosses etc... It just feels like one restriction too many, between the long cooldown, the requiring of a stun AND only usable on standard/silver mobs.

That's way to constricting in my mind. I feel like we could let the ability be used on everything without issue, the cooldown and stun requirement are more then enough to ensure a throttled use of the ability.

My second issue, one more specific to Blitz itself, is how it interacts with talents... or how it does not to be more precise. Blitz in a nutshell, is a 'double stockstrike', it's roughly hitting for two stockstrikes worth of damage, in a single GCD. This on it's face, is fine. Nice little burst ability right?

The issue I am having though, is while my stockstrike has like half a dozen talents that really supercharge it in various ways, Blitz has none. Like, to the best of my knowledge, NOTHING modifies Blitz talent wise. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

So it's falling behind, rather rapidly in fact. To a point where it isn't much better then a stockstrike anymore. I feel like Blitz should get the same benefits from talents that Stockstrike does. If a talent gives stockstrike 30% more crit chance, it should give 30% more crit as well. 8% more damage to stockstrike? 8% more damage to Blitz.

You could even have the Shield Spec talent that resets stockstrikes cooldown on a successful shield chance, also somehow reduce/reset Blitz's cooldown.

My last issue is more of a 'would be nice' thing, rather then an actual mechanical/useability issue. I kinda wish the cooldown was either shorter, or the trigger was more forgiving. Like maybe bring it down to 30 seconds reuse, or let it fire off of stuns or DoTs, like high impact bolt.

Again that's not really a BIG deal, just a 'be kinda neat' thing.

TLDR - Blitz feels underwhelming because of a lack of talent scaling and extremely restrictive trigger conditions for questionable gain/power.

Blitz is to kill trash quicker. Everyone gets a attack just like it (Agents and smugglers which get a 30 yard range version)

Your over thinking it.

If it's underwhelming, well it's entire purpose is to get annoyances out of the way quicker. It doesn't have to be impressive to do that.

Can't imagine Gunnery doing anything with it.

Totally against their style to run in and melee.

My Assault spec however attacks on the move so after dropping plasma, plastique, incendiary and HiB you then do cryo, blitz, stockstrike

Then stand back and full auto for the rest of the stun and fire HIB if it frees up.

Mahoosive burst damage and the mob cant do a thing about it.

I only wish I could do the whole thing on elites and higher.

I took it thinking it was a great addition to my Vanguard's melee arsenal, but now I've pretty much reglated it for mopping out the trash mobs while they're stunned with cryo if it's somehow lasting that long.

So yeah, Bltiz is underwhelming mostly because it requires a stun and can only be used on trash. I'd say get rid of the stun and leave it on the trash; maybe up the cooldown to 60 seconds because of that, but otherwise... yeah, it needs that.