Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

Some of you clearly don’t understand or comprehend the magnitude of the launch of this MMO.

Understand the MMO market is growing; also understand that gone are the days that top MMO titles launch with 300 thousand player followings.

Bioware’s SWTOR is faced with becoming the second biggest MMO of all time and dong that in 7 days….. Which means somewhere around 2 to 2.5 Million players are going to have to filter through the noobie zones of the Old Republic in the next 7 days?

What do you think that would look like if we all rushed in at once…..it would be standing room only right?

So … you might say just add more servers …sure they could, but after the launch rush your left with merging servers later and no one likes that either and it’s also costly to do.

There are 4 starting zones in the game and a limit to how many times you can instance each of these zones before you crap out the server.

You also don’t want to spend your first few days in game playing a 3 FPS because you have to render the 2000 other players also in your general area, all after the same quest goals as you.

The best solution is to let waves of players in every other hour and let them filter out into other zones before you let the next wave in. This is how you ensure everyone has the best opening game experience.

Why is this so hard for some of you to figure out?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I think it does. The bulk of these posts are people who think they are 'entitled' to play immediately with people who registered their pre-order the same day as the game was offered, when in reality BioWare made it clear from the start that would not be the case.

These posts are from people who thought they would somehow be the exception to that rule, but guess what? That's not the case.

SO yes. It does mean what I think it does.

The bulk of these people are *disappointed* that they cannot play and are voicing their displeasure. They paid their $5 (yes, I know it's deducted from the final price, but there is a thing called float that BW/EA are benefiting from here so the concern is justified) and would like to get in the pool with the other kids. While BW did not voilate any rule, imo, but it is still frustrating for those not invited yet.

This is not a feeling of entitlement. It's something that could me mitigated by BW if they were simply more forthcoming about the progress of the rollout.

A select few are being brats about it. They are, from what I have witnessed, a significant minority.

I think I may understand whats going on here. I find it hard to believe that anyone was unaware of the rolling access. I didn't even register for the forums until i preordered near the end of November, but i was very much aware of what the deal was. I 'm not one of the ones who constantly monitored everything on the site either. What i think is happening is that people who probably knew very well what was going to happen are now seeing people playing while they are not, and That is what's making them mad, so they've chose to 'forget' what they knew with the hope that enough complaining would change things.

This sucks! Im going to say only that because I internatlize most of my feelings and will probably die at a young age for it. But I love the fact that there are all these jerks, yes you are being jerks, out there saying ooooh poor baby blobbity blob for people venting about how they feel right now. How bout you jerks leave them alone go outside find something better to do like I dont know focus on your work and LET THEM VENT! WHen did the world become a place where oh your upset and venting, here let me put my knee in your back and make it hurt more. KNOCK IT OFF! God! Know what Im looking for on here, some dev text telling us they are working hard at getting everyone in....not seen it yet, BUT Ill still be looking. But what I cant stand seeing while looking all the JERKS telling people to shutup and stop QQing. I know that sometime in every single ONE of your lives you have allllll been upset and whined and QQued and B******ed and moaned. So who cares if they are upset and saying so on this forum. Thats right....YOU shouldnt, cause your not upset, SO EF OFF! Oh and go ahead and troll all you want cause guess what, your useless waste of space to me and I DOOOOONNNNTTTTT CAAAAARRRRRRE! Thank you! I hope everyone all gets in soon. :D

PS: To all the jerks if you havent read all the way through or dont understand....STOP BEING HATEFUL SOB's! <3

The reason were being jerks is because there are a ton of posts of people complaining that they are getting cheated and they are not. Its been stated since day one that early bird gets the worm, so vent your frustrations at not being able to play all you want, but sayin your cancelling your preorder, you were cheated or Bioware has robbed you is shortsighted, lazy and weak.

That being said I hope everyone gets in today, I have 3 or 4 friends that preordered just this week and I would like to play with them before I leave for Xmas holidays, but these people are compaining about the wrong things. Being frustrated your not in is understandable, blaming someone else for you not being in, is not.

You do realise it applies to you as well right? You feel entittled to get in before others.

You may want to be reconsider accusing people of it.

Uh no. See, I got the email from BW that said "Pre-Order goes live today. Order fast Early Access may be limited!". And I hopped on and ordered.

Until I got the email at 530am on the 13th, I had no idea when I was getting in. But based on the way it was advertised FROM DAY 1 of pre-order, I knew that the sooner I acted, the sooner I would play.

Sorry that you others chose not to. That is not entitlement that is paying attention to the available information.

The bulk of these people are *disappointed* that they cannot play and are voicing their displeasure. They paid their $5 (yes, I know it's deducted from the final price, but there is a thing called float that BW/EA are benefiting from here so the concern is justified) and would like to get in the pool with the other kids. While BW did not voilate any rule, imo, but it is still frustrating for those not invited yet.

This is not a feeling of entitlement. It's something that could me mitigated by BW if they were simply more forthcoming about the progress of the rollout.

A select few are being brats about it. They are, from what I have witnessed, a significant minority.

A majority of the people I've seen haven't been saying "Wish I were in" or something similar expressing disappointment that they're not in. They've been calling Bioware Liars and claiming they've falsely advertised and other nonsense along the same line.

What about those of us that have a life, and do not read every bit of game e-mail that floats our way. Our money does not spend?

Again, Bioware tried to communicate to you, you chose not to read it, thats your fault not theirs.

My advice is take your "Life" that you have, and go do something else until you get in. If you would have spent as much energy on other things as you have about blaming someone else for your shortcommings, you could have cured cancer by now.

Yes, IF they ordered from Origin you would be absolutly correct... Gamestop, Amazon, Bestbuy, NONE of the 3rd party retailers have said Disclaimer... It is EA/Bioware's responsibility to make sure those companies completely communicate the terms of the early access to their patrons. It has nothing to do with self entitlement, it has everything to do with what was communicated to the average purchaser who overwhelmingly still go through said sites rather than digital download from first party sites.

I just checked all three of those sites and not one of them said you get in on any specific day, just that you get early access. In addition, all three sites clearly state the release date is the 20th, and if you pre-order you WILL be in before then. It's not up to EA to make sure everyone who pre-orders from Gamestop, Best Buy, or Amazon has respectable reading comprehension skills.

People were told that EGA time would be determined based on pre-order time. People refused to take that into account. Now they're reaping the rewards of their actions. Now they're throwing fits because, why? Because other people get to play and they don't. You're right, that's not entitled, that's just being a whiny little child who needs a time-out. They're also throwing fits because they feel that they deserve to play nownownownownow even though they were informed of the rules well in advance and still decided to ignore them. That's textbook entitlement.

A majority of the people I've seen haven't been saying "Wish I were in" or something similar expressing disappointment that they're not in. They've been calling Bioware Liars and claiming they've falsely advertised and other nonsense along the same line.

the majority are actually bashing the unhappy people.

People were told that EGA time would be determined based on pre-order time. People refused to take that into account. Now they're reaping the rewards of their actions. Now they're throwing fits because, why? Because other people get to play and they don't. You're right, that's not entitled, that's just being a whiny little child who needs a time-out. They're also throwing fits because they feel that they deserve to play nownownownownow even though they were informed of the rules well in advance and still decided to ignore them. That's textbook entitlement.

it seems you're too angry to consider alternative POV.

Uh no. See, I got the email from BW that said "Pre-Order goes live today. Order fast Early Access may be limited!". And I hopped on and ordered.

Until I got the email at 530am on the 13th, I had no idea when I was getting in. But based on the way it was advertised FROM DAY 1 of pre-order, I knew that the sooner I acted, the sooner I would play.

Sorry that you others chose not to. That is not entitlement that is paying attention to the available information.

Yet you are still having you get what you deserve flag, you clearly DO feel you deserved earlier access because you ordered earlier. Im not even saying you dont deserve earlier access but YOU DO feel self-entittled to your earlier access.

I just checked all three of those sites and not one of them said you get in on any specific day, just that you get early access. In addition, all three sites clearly state the release date is the 20th, and if you pre-order you WILL be in before then. It's not up to EA to make sure everyone who pre-orders from Gamestop, Best Buy, or Amazon has respectable reading comprehension skills.

All the banner AD that you get on various sites say "start playing 12/15", it only clarifies iof you click through the ad, so what would those two pieces of information tell you?

1. That you get early access if you pre-order

2. That release is 12/20

3. That you can start plying on 12/15

Ergo, 12/15 is when early access starts to the AVERAGE consumer. I mean seriously it has only been communicated it is rolling in communication from Bioware/EA and only Bioware EA.... None of their ad copy outside of Origin, the forums or if you are on the mailing list even hints at that, use some common sense.

it seems you're too angry to consider alternative POV.

1. I'm not angry.

2. Good job there, reference another point of view but leave it to me to imagine one.

The only point of view I can see is that of the people who haven't been waved in yet. From their point of view, other people are playing so they feel entitled to be playing too. From their point of view, they're ignoring the fact that it was explicitly stated when pre-orders went on sale that the earlier you preorder, the better your chances at getting into the EGA earlier. From their point of view, they're ignoring the fact that it was explicitly stated that pre-order guarantees you only UP TO 5 days of EGA time. They're ignoring the fact that everything is their fault and they only have themselves to blame.

From their point of view, spamming the forums is a good idea. From their point of view, making other threads, community threads, and/or threads of people with legitimate issues get pushed off of the first page to die is not an issue because from their point of view, the world revolves around them.

Nah, I've thoroughly considered the alternate POV.

This has been the most frustrating MMO launch ever. And I've been in one's where there were log ini queues and crashes. This though really feels like an exhibition in consumer conditioning that only giant's like EA and Activision can pull off. They're teaching everyone a lesson to pre-order day one next time or suffer. This is to ensure that retailers put in higher volume orders from them earlier on.

Look at it now. There's 2 weeks of pre-orders left at this point. BioWare, if your servers can't handle getting these people in, what are you going to do on Dec 20th? You can't stagger that day from coming. This doesn't instill any form of confidence from us in your platform if you have no confidence neither.

Those are my only two ideas on why they're doing this. Hopefully they just get the rest of the people in today, like they should.

Yet you are still having you get what you deserve flag, you clearly DO feel you deserved earlier access because you ordered earlier. Im not even saying you dont deserve earlier access but YOU DO feel self-entittled to your earlier access.

This is a pointless argument in semantics.

Here is what I expect:

BioWare said: Early access is based on Pre-Order date.

It's very simple.

Therefore, if someone who ordered on the 12th got in before someone who ordered July 21st, that would be incorrect based on their statements. That's not entitlement that is comprehension.

I'm sorry that it seems to be something you lack.

1. I'm not angry.

2. Good job there, reference another point of view but leave it to me to imagine one.

1. you sound it.

2. people are disappointed and powerless about not gaining access. they come to a public forum to vent a little and get bashed for it by people who seem to have some odd love affair BW/EA. If you cant empathize with them - even the really angry ones - and insist on calling them names then, imo, no, you arent considering their POV.

All the banner AD that you get on various sites say "start playing 12/15", it only clarifies iof you click through the ad, so what would those two pieces of information tell you?

1. That you get early access if you pre-order

2. That release is 12/20

3. That you can start plying on 12/15

Ergo, 12/15 is when early access starts to the AVERAGE consumer. I mean seriously it has only been communicated it is rolling in communication from Bioware/EA and only Bioware EA.... None of their ad copy outside of Origin, the forums or if you are on the mailing list even hints at that, use some common sense.

Where are these banner ads? The only ones I see on those sites say 12/20. Some of them mention early access but give no specific date. I get the feeling you're just making this up.

Honestly, if the "average" consumer doesn't bother to check something for 10 seconds, then they really weren't all that interested in the product.

Let the people who pre-ordered within the first hour of the pre-orders being available enjoy the game they've been looking forward to, while the people who gave this game a "meh" can wait a couple of days to ensure not everyone gets screwed over. Like many times in life, sometimes it's worth actually thinking about things or reading signs before jumping to conclusions.

(And if money is such an issue, especially during July/August, then maybe getting more hours for a few more days during December would actually be a good thing for your current financial situation.)

1. you sound it.

2. people are disappointed and powerless about not gaining access. they come to a public forum to vent a little and get bashed for it by people who seem to have some odd love affair BW/EA. If you cant empathize with them - even the really angry ones - and insist on calling them names then, imo, no, you arent considering their POV.

1. Well, don't quit your day job to go into any field that requires reading people.

2. Powerless about not gaining access? How is it powerless that it was 100% within their power to get into the EGA early? BW didn't make them buy the pre-order late, BW didn't make them input the EGA code late, BW didn't make them do anything. The people whining are not in the EGA right now for 1 reason and 1 reason alone: they didn't act when they should have. They were told that they need to act fast to get early EGA access and they didn't. That's their fault. There is no alternate POV. It is their fault.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

This is a pointless argument in semantics.

Here is what I expect:

BioWare said: Early access is based on Pre-Order date.

It's very simple.

Therefore, if someone who ordered on the 12th got in before someone who ordered July 21st, that would be incorrect based on their statements. That's not entitlement that is comprehension.

I'm sorry that it seems to be something you lack.

Im not complaining about getting in or not.

But I understand the truth hurts, even in this post you are waving your self entittlement.

That is not true. When I purchased the game it said up to five days early. The issue is that anyone in December has a 0% chance of 5 days. Add to that the fact they added 2 extra days for some, and it becomes insulting.

Insulting? :rolleyes:

If anything you should be glad they added the extra 2 days. They added them so the later pre-orderers like yourself could get 2 extra days too.

Edited by Blueconscience