Amazon pre-orders arriving too late?

TheRabbit

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The official Amazon statement said it would take a couple of days to update all the orders. I wouldnt worry about it until tomorrow. You could always call them too. Honestly, even if mine said 20th what would it matter? It solves the issues of really missing the launch date. (20th)

I spoke to them already and it was hopeless. The CSRs say they can't do anything about it.

With luck it'll get sent out tomorrow, when it's now supposed to, so it arrives on Friday the 16th. And yes, in the end as long as I get it by the 20th, I can't complain that much.

-HM

Edited by Hollow_Man

Actually, I just ordered a copy of the game today as a gift and it says it will receive release day delivery, and that release day is 12/16. Even more strange, my own order still says release day delivery for 12/20.

I'm curious if either of those are really correct now.

Getting the collectors edition shouldn't have penalties attached.

Nor should the SE users. While I'm a CE user myserlf, there's no reason to act all elitist about this. We weren't promised "faster shipping" because we ordered a CE.

They've GOT the items already printed out and ready to go, that's a no brainer.

The problem is that the items won't get to the shipper in most cases, in time for release day.

I fully agree, BW needs to extend the 'you need the key' delay, that's a no brainer. Problem is that once they do this, they open themselves up to further abuse, by individuals who have codes entered already, and then cancel the pre-order. It's really a no-win situation here. If they extend the deadline, they're screwed because they open themselves up for abuse. If they don't, they get impatient customers chewing them out, crying because they can't play for a few days.

Patience, young grasshopper... It will arrive when it arrives. Seems quite a few people need to learn and understand this concept. If you want it sooner, hey, cancel your pre-order, go stand in line @ your local walmart/bestbuy/circuit city/gamestop/target/insertlocalstorehere . Internet orders will ALWAYS get a bit of a delay, due to shipping.

Actually, I just ordered a copy of the game today as a gift and it says it will receive release day delivery, and that release day is 12/16. Even more strange, my own order still says release day delivery for 12/20.

I'm curious if either of those are really correct now.

Go to the order

Click on change payment method

Click on retry payment method

This should update your order to the 16th. It did for me, and has done so for a lot of others.

I'm in the same boat as Hollow_Man, nothing I do changes the date. Not too worried just yet, tomorrow I will be.

Those who are seeing shipping date change, did you order SE or CE? I ordered the CE.

I ordered the SE.

I have got to stop fiddling with the shipping and payment options. It can't be helping anything. :)

-HM

I'm a South Australian - my partner and I have ordered the SE via Amazon.

We have pre-order early game access and are playing at the moment.

Both amazon accounts list a post December 25th delivery at the time of writing this post.

I will be giving amazon another 12 hours to update my order and tell me it has shipped (Priority International Courrier 2-5 days delivery) meaning if the stars align I will have both boxes by the 21st Aussie (20th American).

Failing the update, I will be cancelling my pre-order with Amazon and purchasing a digital key, which will be sent to me on the 20th so I can continue playing.

My ONLY concern is that cancelling my Amazon pre-order may kill my early access... I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this...

I'm a South Australian - my partner and I have ordered the SE via Amazon.

We have pre-order early game access and are playing at the moment.

Both amazon accounts list a post December 25th delivery at the time of writing this post.

I will be giving amazon another 12 hours to update my order and tell me it has shipped (Priority International Courrier 2-5 days delivery) meaning if the stars align I will have both boxes by the 21st Aussie (20th American).

Failing the update, I will be cancelling my pre-order with Amazon and purchasing a digital key, which will be sent to me on the 20th so I can continue playing.

My ONLY concern is that cancelling my Amazon pre-order may kill my early access... I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this...

It will not cancel your early access, two others iknow have already done this, and they still got invites and are currently playing while i slave away at work...

Just got this email:

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on September 01, 2011 (Order# [my order # removed]). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle"

Previous estimated arrival date: December 20, 2011

New estimated arrival date: December 16, 2011

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

[Link to my account removed]

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

http://www.amazon.com

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on July 21, 2011. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle"

Previous estimated arrival date: December 20, 2011

New estimated arrival date: December 16, 2011

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

I'm squealing like a schoolgirl at a Bieber concert...:D

It will not cancel your early access, two others iknow have already done this, and they still got invites and are currently playing while i slave away at work...

Confirmed

I cancelled a SE pre-order for a CE.

They mailed me a completely different code for the CE

Couldn't actually put anything in there, since the SE code was already in

SE code still worked to get in on day 1

Amazon says they're going to cancel those, but they never did, at least for mine, and it's not like they knew that I was going to order the CE.

I originally ordered a CE from BB, they gave me know real concrete info, SO...when I saw Amazon restocked..I cancelled BB and ordered from Amazon. I have Amazon Prime...so I have a new preorder code and a Guaranteed arrival (not shipping) date of Dec 20. I feel much more relieved and will forever prolly buy from Amazon. They just seem more aware of and receptive to customer needs (especially with gaming) more than the others, at least in my opinion and experience.

Now my question is do I input the NEW preorder code...or not. I also have a Origin DDE ...so playing will not be a real issue. My DDE has an order date of 11/24 ...so in a day or two I should be getting into Early gameplay.

Also If this didnt work..I believe I read somewhere they would allow DDE from Origin around 12/15-16/11 for Early Access.

Edited by surgepro

If you already redeemed a preorder code, the new one won't do anything for you. You can give it away to someone. They'll probably get a day or two of early access before being shut off on the 20th.

---

Can I give my Pre-Order Code to someone else?

Yes, but only if you have not already registered it to your own Star Wars: The Old Republic account. Once a Pre-Order Code is attached to a Star Wars: The Old Republic account it is locked to that account. Pre-Order Codes that are redeemed on our Code Redemption Center are locked to the account through which the code is redeemed and cannot be transferred.

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

---

-HM

Woohooo, I just got the email from Amazon's saying they are shipping mine on the 19th. I'm in Brisbane Australia and I paid for the fastest courier, and it says it should arrive been the 21st and 27th so I may be able to play on Christmas day. Everything is crossed! As much as this has been frustrating, I think Amazon and EA/Bioware are really trying to fix this for us. Now if only they will give us that grace period back, I will be over the moon.