Amazon pre-orders arriving too late?

TheRabbit

I talked with Corp at Amazon, it seems that some CS reps didn't realize that there was a memo that is allowing them to ship the game earlier than Dec. 20th.

The corporate official I talked to said that they are modifying all the pre-order shipments to reflect that. Even in Alaska, Hawaii, and overseas, should depending on how you selected for shipping method.

I should according to them, receive mine on or before the 20th. :), I live in Alaska.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked with Corp at Amazon, it seems that some CS reps didn't realize that there was a memo that is allowing them to ship the game earlier than Dec. 20th.

The corporate official I talked to said that they are modifying all the pre-order shipments to reflect that. Even in Alaska, Hawaii, and overseas, should depending on how you selected for shipping method.

I should according to them, receive mine on or before the 20th. :), I live in Alaska.

They are now shipping on the 15th.

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

I got this email just a few minutes ago:

Hello ****,

This is Bill with Amazon.com. We just spoke on the phone.

After our conversation I spoke with my Team Lead and showed the clarification page you directed me to.

He stated that the game should follow the statement issued, meaning you should receive your game on Dec. 19.

The change made will not be reflected on your order, you'll just receive the game early. If the game does not arrive on that date, please contact us and we will contact the promotions and marketing team to find out why you did not receive the game early.

I hope this is helpful.

This is the page I showed him>>>http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

Amazon has gotten their stuff together on this now....

Got more emails, but as you have been reading my posts all day, I have gone through 5 csrs now and two supervisors and still no change in date. The only promising thing is the last supervisor I spoke with did acknowledge a problem but said they have been told corporate is working on it and have no solution yet. So no matter what there official statement says it doesn't look like these orders are moving yet for tommorrow shipment.

Regardless of what the update says on that Amazon page, fact remains that my order confirmation page says I'm still getting it on the 20th (via release day shipping), even though the product page now says release day is the 16th. So they're still screwed up.

-HM

Edited by Hollow_Man

I just got off the phone with them and was sent a email confirming that my order will arrive on or before the 19th. My account still says the 20th, sometimes the 21.

That took two CSR's to get though. It seems that the information is not reaching the front-line staff yet. I was told by the first person the game was not in stock and no idea when it would be in stock. Going to check first thing tomorrow that it has shipped.

Yeah it was very early in the thread, the problem for a lot of us is it states these will begin shipping tomorrow and if your like me, they still have'nt even deducted payment from my account and it still shows shipping out with one day service arrival on Dec.22 here in the US for collectors edition. So no changes yet and with many calls to csr and supervisors none of them know whats going on or are any help at all.

I had ordered through amazon also so i went and looked at expected delivery date and it was jan 9th i was like ***. So when i went ti my shipping options there was all the normal free two day overnight and a new category release day shipping when i checked the cost it was .99 for a buck i was like ok... and my delivery date is now the 20th

I had ordered through amazon also so i went and looked at expected delivery date and it was jan 9th i was like ***. So when i went ti my shipping options there was all the normal free two day overnight and a new category release day shipping when i checked the cost it was .99 for a buck i was like ok... and my delivery date is now the 20th

Except that release date is now the 16th, NOT the 20th:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CWXAP2

That's my problem.

-HM

I happened to just check my order before I saw this thread. They changed the release date to the 16th. The description also changed and showed release day shipping was available. I changed my shipping speed and the delivery estimate is now 12/16.

ROCK ON :D

By the way this is for US Amazon shipping to US.

By the way this is for US Amazon shipping to US.

Sadly, there are those of us who ordered with release day shipping through Amazon USA and it's still showing the 20th, not the 16th. I've tried re-confirming release day shipping, but I can't get it to say anything but the 20th.

-HM

My Amazon.com order to Canada is now set to be shipped on the 19th and arrive on the 20th to 23rd. Even if I get it on the 20th, it would be long after the midnight launch. I can't really complain as I have EA, but it would have been nice to have been there for the official launch.

I complained to amazon and I was told they couldn't do anything but they'd check into it. She said she'll write back to me in a week or less. BRILLIANT. That is helpful..lol

I suppose getting it on the 20th-23rd is better then the 27th but I still think EA/BW could have pulled this release off a lot better.

Mine was international shipping. It was previously released on 20th, shipped on the 21th, and arrive from 23th to 28th. Now it saids shipped on the 19th, arrive date, 21th - 23th. I am very happy lol.

Same shipping, but mine is still the previous dates like yours was :(

The post said they'll be updating over the next 2 days and tha was yesterday, so hopefully mine gets changed tonight or tomorrow lol.

Sadly, there are those of us who ordered with release day shipping through Amazon USA and it's still showing the 20th, not the 16th. I've tried re-confirming release day shipping, but I can't get it to say anything but the 20th.

-HM

The official Amazon statement said it would take a couple of days to update all the orders. I wouldnt worry about it until tomorrow. You could always call them too. Honestly, even if mine said 20th what would it matter? It solves the issues of really missing the launch date. (20th)