Amazon pre-orders arriving too late?

TheRabbit

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to Amazon and view your order, then go to change shipping speed there is an option at the bottom you can select called "Release Day" Click that, you'll get charged 99 cents shipping and all the whining will be over.

Not for Collectors Editions.

This is just ridiculous. Here we are, CE buyers, willing to get the "premium" package but in the process we may get screwed out of days(potentially weeks) of playtime because of essentially poor management. Crappy service to your premium customers. What kind of business model is that?

Someone incharge really should have thought this all the way through. Either the pre-order codes should have been made good enough (essentially the same as a registration code) for the entire pre order population, or the pre-order CE should have had a digital copy included as well, or perhaps just not even have the CE available via pre-order so we all knew what the deal was.

Instead they expected us to read the fine print in multiple places, which now appears was misleading none the less.

Not professional and without correction indicative of poor management.

YiShenn

Update from Amazon.com

Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the game.

Amazon Video Game Editors

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

No, I'm in the USA, ordering from Amazon US, and there is no "release day" shipping option for 99 cents. Maybe it just doesn't apply to the collector's edition.

I also just received a semi automated reply from Amazon:

Hello,

I understand your concern that you want your "Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle" on the releasing date December 20, 2011. I'll surely inform you with this.

As per your message, I want to inform you that we always try to ship product to customer as early as possible.

Our shipping estimates, such as "releasing" estimate take into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, package it, and prepare it for shipment.

However as a one time exception, I've upgraded the method of shipment for this order to One day shipping to help make up for the delay. There's no additional charge for this. The new revised delivery estimate for your order is Dec 22, 2011.

If you place an order, we'll do our best to get the item for you. I hope you understand this.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.

Again, I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

We appreciate your business and hope that we'll see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Merry Christmas to you and your family in advance.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us by clicking on the link below:

So not only do I get a cut and paste answer from Amazon, but they upgraded it to the Collector's Edition Engrish for free. I chose to elevate the ticket by the way.

I spoke to Amazon suppot. Guy said he would "fix" it.

Still says 12/22.

If you do a "change shipping speed" on an Amazon order, apparently it resets your position in their orders queue.

In other words, if you want to pay them extra to get something earlier, you lose your order queue priority.

Edited by Ledskof

Update from Amazon.com

Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account:

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

Hah, thanks for the post. I was actually on the phone with a customer service person and they had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully the whole thing just sorts itself out over the next 2 days.

If you go to Amazon and view your order, then go to change shipping speed there is an option at the bottom you can select called "Release Day" Click that, you'll get charged 99 cents shipping and all the whining will be over.

This option may not be available for everyone. It was not available at all for me last week (and never was an option), and even the customer service reps couldn't change it to release day shipping for me in the system. It wasn't until this week that it got changed by a customer service supervisor.

Not one to really gripe about things, but there must be something that I have missed? How come European players / some of which already are holding their physical CE boxes and we have to wait for delivery to be on or after the 20th of December...Whether we have the code or not makes no difference as everybody will only have access on the 20th anyhow...

Talk about a bum deal, paying extra for less, because I choose a US distribution network thinking they would hold a higher priority then anywhere else. I will be back at work after the christmas public holidays. Talk about deflating one expectations.

http://www.darthhater.com/forums/forum-home/general-discussion/23949-my-ce-box-have-arived

Update from Amazon.com

Hello,

That is wonderful to hear. Hopefully Amazon.ca will do the same thing soon.

I looked, there is no release day delivery for mine, I live in Alaska. So, no soup for me!!

Have you all checked your order status lately? I checked mine earlier today. They have fixed the ship dates!! Mine now says delivery on the 20th and they waived my 9.99 shipping and just charged me .99! I was on 1 day shipping with delivery on 22nd.

Same here :)

I preordered the CE on July 31st. Originally, my ETA wasn't until after the 25th. (Dec 28th - Jan 2 I believe) I then changed my shipping to one day shipping, and my eta got bumped up to Dec 22nd. I then used Amazon gift cards to pay for the purchase in full, and now my shipping date is Dec 20th. Its awesome I get in on time, but what the hell Amazon. You can't scare me like that. IM JUST A BOY!

Not sure if you've seen this yet, but Amazon has decided to start shipping on the 15th, that is less than 30 hours away. . .

now if we could only get some news on Gamestop :(

Edited by Thannate

Well I ordered on the day that pre-orders started because I wanted to be certain I got the game as soon as It went live. I live in Australia and I ordered online because none of the local stores were doing any pre-orders at all, let alone CE which is what I ordered. I got it from amazon since some others I checked wouldn't deliver to Australia. Now I'm in a situation where I'm playing pre-launch but then I'll have to wait for my CE. Which won't be shipping until after launch date (21st), and apparently won't arrive until 3 January. So I'm effectively going to have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can play a game I've paid for.

Surely in this day and age there must be some way to verify I've paid for it without waiting 2 weeks to get a box. I mean I can put in my pre-order code and play it right now so why isn't that possible for game launch. Why am I limited by shipping dates. It was bad enough in world of warcraft where people in Australia couldn't collect their games from shops until after server first achievements had already been snapped up by people in other countries. Now we're talking weeks rather than just hours. Not too late for me to cancel my order which I'm seriously considering doing.

Can someone from bioware please explain how anyone in Australia can possibly

• Get a collectors edition
  • Play it without having to wait for weeks after launch day

Because currently I just can't see any way to do that. What can I possible do to avoid missing out on the first 2 weeks of play while everyone else in my guild is levelling up? Pretty much defeats the purpose of the early game access.

Not sure if you've seen this yet, but Amazon has decided to start shipping on the 15th, that is less than 30 hours away. . .

now if we could only get some news on Gamestop :(

That is awesome news :D, ty for the link!

I changed mine and called, and it still says 12/22, even though the rep told me he would make ti say 12/20, and he also told me not to change it again because every time you change the shipping speed it still completely reinjects the order as a new order, so you lose your order queue priority.