The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We are the laughing stock of PvP

DarthAgonus

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me all Mara. Does your savage Kicks and I forget what its called but it's a MMA style elbow to the skull when enemy is stunned, do they become active in pvp and even when you are up against a boss of lvl 50? because mine dont not in pvp or with bosses of lvl 50 those abilities just stop functioning. also A Maras. Sprint sucks i see others slip streams around me as they chop me down and yet my sprint stops working during fights and i am like a turtle on a busy highway, Splat im dead, dont get me wrong i do get my fair shares of kills but if i cant kill them in the first 5 seconds they use one of their functioning stun abilities or they seem to keep healing and healing and its not a slow heal like with stims, its a steady flow and boom they went from almost dead to fully healed as im chopping at them. So Does that happen to any others and does those abilities work for you or no or is mine just bugged, is my questions?

Thanks.....

Tell me all Mara. Does your savage Kicks and I forget what its called but it's a MMA style elbow to the skull when enemy is stunned, do they become active in pvp and even when you are up against a boss of lvl 50? because mine dont not in pvp or with bosses of lvl 50 those abilities just stop functioning. also A Maras. Sprint sucks i see others slip streams around me as they chop me down and yet my sprint stops working during fights and i am like a turtle on a busy highway, Splat im dead, dont get me wrong i do get my fair shares of kills but if i cant kill them in the first 5 seconds they use one of their functioning stun abilities or they seem to keep healing and healing and its not a slow heal like with stims, its a steady flow and boom they went from almost dead to fully healed as im chopping at them. So Does that happen to any others and does those abilities work for you or no or is mine just bugged, is my questions?

Thanks.....

I take it you are low level.

Sprint doesnt work for anyone in combat.

Not sure which skill you are talking about but every class has a couple of skills that only work in PvE on incapacitated opponents.

The Cloak of Pain and Saber Ward are powerful defenses, as I understand it more defenses are coming at higher levels.

if you level up Annihilator the Force Charge every 12 seconds is hugely invaluable in Huttball. In the rage tree you get a second 10m closer instead which is also great after being knocked back.

I generally find 1 on 1 people cant kill me fast enough before my dps will kill them.

At level 22 ish you get Deadly Throw which you can use on anyone that is receiving healing as you dps them down.

I take it you are low level.

Sprint doesnt work for anyone in combat.

Not sure which skill you are talking about but every class has a couple of skills that only work in PvE on incapacitated opponents.

The Cloak of Pain and Saber Ward are powerful defenses, as I understand it more defenses are coming at higher levels.

if you level up Annihilator the Force Charge every 12 seconds is hugely invaluable in Huttball. In the rage tree you get a second 10m closer instead which is also great after being knocked back.

I generally find 1 on 1 people cant kill me fast enough before my dps will kill them.

At level 22 ish you get Deadly Throw which you can use on anyone that is receiving healing as you dps them down.

I'm lvl 50, i do use CoP and SW and my throws seem to take longer to cool down in pvp and i have experimented with all three trees and i have more success with Rage then the other 2 but same thing i mentioned happens with any of the trees. I am just going by when i beta tested i played as Jugg, Isqu, Jedi Kn, And of course the 2 darkside classes i did not have these problems i did more then well in pvp's i had no problems kicking lvl 50 bosses Butts, but now as in retail of the game i'm playing Mara for the first time and im not liking it i wish i picked one of the other 2. I do not get it i guess this class and i just aren't a good match like the other 2 was for me as far darkside classes.

Oh well Thanks for feed back....

I'm lvl 50, i do use CoP and SW and my throws seem to take longer to cool down in pvp and i have experimented with all three trees and i have more success with Rage then the other 2 but same thing i mentioned happens with any of the trees. I am just going by when i beta tested i played as Jugg, Isqu, Jedi Kn, And of course the 2 darkside classes i did not have these problems i did more then well in pvp's i had no problems kicking lvl 50 bosses Butts, but now as in retail of the game i'm playing Mara for the first time and im not liking it i wish i picked one of the other 2. I do not get it i guess this class and i just aren't a good match like the other 2 was for me as far darkside classes.

Oh well Thanks for feed back....

I believe they nerfed the marauder after beta - no pull and from heavy to medium armor from what i heard.

But perhaps you are up against more geared opponents.

Since we are not a tank we certainly cant charge around like we are, the force charge gives a great ability to choose opponents on the fringe. The more one on one battles you can get the better the class will do.

As a valor 60 immortal jugg (sporting dps gear cause tank stats are rubbish in pvp) I just want to say;

If any, good geared mauraders and sentinels are the ones I fear the most. Going head to head with the best of you can go either way. I try to save Choke and Backhand for the 99% absorb and execute range but the damage you put out is just insane sometimes. Even with my CDs up.

Its bit silly, in other games tanks usually are good against melee, its usually their "counterrole".

You are NOT the laughing stock of PVP. If you suck at connecting ur hits cause you turn too slow, use too much time looking at cooldowns or whatnot - yes maybe this class is hard, but that goes for all melee classes who has to keep 100% uptime and connect their hits against a moving target.

I believe they nerfed the marauder after beta - no pull and from heavy to medium armor from what i heard.

But perhaps you are up against more geared opponents.

Since we are not a tank we certainly cant charge around like we are, the force charge gives a great ability to choose opponents on the fringe. The more one on one battles you can get the better the class will do.

Marauder were WEAKER in the early beta and we've never had heavy armor at any point.

Honestly Marauder requires VERY fast reaction time and a higher skills set then the other classes. It works for some folks and others it does not. I started as a Marauder and got to 46 before I rolled a new toon due to being annoyed by the classes. Two weeks later I came back to it and now I love the class. I just understand the class, pvp and the game better. It allows me to play Marauder the way it needs to be played. I do great but back when I first started I was just confused and while I THOUGHT I knew the class, I was just way off.

Its not for everyone. Even just switching from Marauder to Jug is a huge change.

Well it doesn't help when my kick and pommel strike doesn't work i figure that's my version or the others or what ever class has the flip smash kick back, my smash dont stun in pvp or kick back like it does in normal play, I mean I'm playing pvp hutt ball now or was and there is a deferance in cool downs and availiabilty to your abilities from normal play, why is that? i just see a lot of unfairness with this clase it should be very similar to jugg is the way i see it just with light to medium armor and 2 sabers and not as strong as jugg is and they have heavy armor and one saber but they make up in strength if i remember from beta.

I think the Bioware Devs need to rethink Mara. and then revamp it because i am not happy with it, i enjoyed playing as jugg or inqu back in beta i wished i can just keep every thing and hit a reset button on the class part and then just redo my tree and and go back to enjoying the game.

Plenty of CC. Choke, AoE fear, slow, roots, slice droid. Any more than that, and the class might be overpowered.

Ok but youre cc is a gosh darn joke

Choke see a marauder use it hit him and no Choke , Jugg get the Real one

The dó Choke and Can hit you or hit others means crowd control

Fear is a joke A's soon you hit the person WHO is feard it bracke , means Youre dots ahnhi speced marauder is useless 1vs1 it Can be usefull but a cc lol no

So Can cc a droid woooooot. Pve .... Root yes again you need to Youre a skill to use it with casting time. Interrupt it and no root

Slow All other classs have that . Amd its not a cowrd control

Edited by Aztian

Ok but youre cc is a gosh darn joke

Choke see a marauder use it hit him and no Choke , Jugg get the Real one

The dó Choke and Can hit you or hit others means crowd control

Fear is a joke A's soon you hit the person WHO is feard it bracke , means Youre dots ahnhi speced marauder is useless 1vs1 it Can be usefull but a cc lol no

So Can cc a droid woooooot. Pve .... Root yes again you need to Youre a skill to use it with casting time. Interrupt it and no root

Slow All other classs have that . Amd its not a cowrd control

Juggs have to spec heavily into immortal to even get the instant choke cc, and immortal juggs hit as hard as a baby swinging a goose feather pillow.

Marauder's are the top class for 1v1s, as valor rank 61 and only 3 BM peices and the rest champion I can solo any other BM on my server 1v1. Mara's are all about skill, if you play someone without it then they wont do anything more than a few thousand damage to you. Go up against a good mara and you wont do anything more than a few thousand damage to him.

Mara's are the best class for PvP.....Discuss.

Edited by PriceNicholas

How many times have you fellow marauders went into an Alderaan Civil war, Took 1 turret courageously killing the defenders and proceeded to hold it the entire game while your teammates try to take the other two(unsuccessfully), only to STILL come out on top of DPS for the warzone...

+1 for us.

How many times have you fellow marauders went into an Alderaan Civil war, Took 1 turret courageously killing the defenders and proceeded to hold it the entire game while your teammates try to take the other two(unsuccessfully), only to STILL come out on top of DPS for the warzone...

+1 for us.

Love this kuz thats what I do in WZs =(

The issue is player skill.

Skilled players (top 15%~ of the population) do realy well with Marauder/Sentinel, can 1v1 anyone and 1v2 or 1v3 vs bads with no problems at all, topping dps, kbs, and are generally very hard to take down.

Average or below average players (the other 85%) get destroyed mostly and assume that its the class that is the problem.

heres a hint, if you want easymode go roll trooper/bh.

As a Marauder, what do you offer besides DPS?

Nothing.

Anyone can DPS and most everyone else can Heal or Tank or Push or Pull or knockback. You cannot do any, so anyone targeting you first is fairly noob.

With as much as you guys spout off on the WoW similarities, did you forget about how crappy a DW Warrior was in PvP?!

As a Marauder, what do you offer besides DPS?

Nothing.

Anyone can DPS and most everyone else can Heal or Tank or Push or Pull or knockback. You cannot do any, so anyone targeting you first is fairly noob.

With as much as you guys spout off on the WoW similarities, did you forget about how crappy a DW Warrior was in PvP?!

http://stackshields.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pug.jpg

Change "We are..." to "I am..." and I'll agree with you. My marauder typically puts up top 3 damage numbers, similar in kills, and plenty of objective points. I am a Marauder, and I'm not the laughing stock of PvP.

I tired redirecting this thread a few times, but to no avail. Glad to see I am still floating on top though. Flattered actually, that the mara community is so quick to insult a fellow mara than read, digest, and respond accordingly.

I enjoy PvP. I am not the best, I also have not mastered the class. Still, I rank in the middle over all, top 1/3 in damage. I didn't post this to present my own faults. That link I posted came from the general forums. A massive thread containing other players' (of other classes) opinions of us maras, yes US. Not me, these guys never played me! If you are a Mara, you are considered US.

So toot ya'll horns as much as you like. But the points listed and the subject line summerizes the SWTOR community's opinion, not solely mine. So how bout we get constructive and teach the Mara community or wait patiently for BW to patch some holes up. Cause WE are the laughing stock of PvP.

New Player PVP Tutorial: See that guy with 2 lightsabers, kill him! We are the medals that others farm.

I'm not a Mara but I'm going to chime in on why we target Mara's... mainly because out of any class Mara's are the most dangerous class out there besides a hybrid tank sin(who would still be invisible at this point). I could kill a sorc a lot faster but they aren't anywhere near as dangerous.

If your a bad marauder then you die in 5s and ++medals. If your a good marauder... then I just saved our team from getting wiped.

I'm not a Mara but I'm going to chime in on why we target Mara's... mainly because out of any class Mara's are the most dangerous class out there besides a hybrid tank sin(who would still be invisible at this point). I could kill a sorc a lot faster but they aren't anywhere near as dangerous.

If your a bad marauder then you die in 5s and ++medals. If your a good marauder... then I just saved our team from getting wiped.

Oh comon, you could just act like I'm not there ;)