Sentinel buffs on the PTS!

JustinxDuff

I'm hoping the bonus is added after the fact, one would think the fact they missed this to begin with would make them more inclined to get it correct this time. The lead dev himself said on our forum post it would lead to a small increase overall. If that truly is the case then I would assume that the math saying its a flat decrease is incorrect and not the rout they went, or there is a hidden modifier.

Excited to get home to test this out myself. I just cant see them screwing this up again ... but you know what they say about assuming ;P Here's to hoping they got it right this time!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just fixed what we showed them ourselves. No big deal.

This would be a buff if plasma blades was buffed to 10-20-30% and then they fixed searing saber....

but dropping from 30% base to 15% base to gain 30% surge is a flat out nerf....

And im not even going to start with overload saber's terrible scaling.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ BIOWARE

i think they would have been better off to say 'working as intended' and changed the tooltips to match the bugged behavior, rather than reworking things.

it's also unfortunate that of the talent pair in question the lower tier one is the one that low levels will benefit the least from due to having low crit. so you'll have to be quite high level to see damage equal to pre-patch, even if they get the math right.

Less damage, more criticals and healing. Seems like a buff to PvP, and another dps nerf for the Sentinels in PvE.

Man, they really want to make us a one trick pony.

Or I could just spam tracer missile or grav round and do more dps in my sleep.

at best we will be doing about equal damage, at worse...well our damage is going to drop some. But really would it of not been easier to just change the tool tip of the talent and just have it say "increases burn damage by 30%" instead of nerfing it, and buffing a different talent?

at best we will be doing about equal damage, at worse...well our damage is going to drop some. But really would it of not been easier to just change the tool tip of the talent and just have it say "increases burn damage by 30%" instead of nerfing it, and buffing a different talent?

While the end result would be fine...it is silly to have a talent so early on in the tree to increase burn damage by 30% for two points....only to have another talent increase it by 6% for 3 points...

So whoever says this is a DPS decrease hasn't read the tooltip. Currently the Searing Saber tooltip reads that EACH point increases damage by 2%. Now I know math well enough to add:

5% for each point > 2% for each point or 15% > 6% damage

oh and +30% crit damage that Mind Sear wasn't adding

Sounds like a buff to me....

So whoever says this is a DPS decrease hasn't read the tooltip. Currently the Searing Saber tooltip reads that EACH point increases damage by 2%. Now I know math well enough to add:

5% for each point > 2% for each point or 15% > 6% damage

oh and +30% crit damage that Mind Sear wasn't adding

Sounds like a buff to me....

So the one who says this hasn`t played the game good enough yet.

Currently the 30% crit damage of Mind Sear wasn`t adding, instead it added 30% base dmg to all dots.

so it would be 15%<<36%...

It should be a little dps increase for late game equiped sents, but all the leveling phase its a heavy dps decrease.

So to start with, I'm level 50. Second I refuse to get into a forum fight with someone with such bad grammar.

I'm going to be clear that I was Combat until 40, then switched over to Watchman, so I have no idea whether it's a lower level nerf or buff. If you're over level 40 then congrats it's a buff, if you're under level 40 then you shouldn't be posting that this is a class nerf, but a leveling nerf.

My personal opinion is try it first before you scream it's a nerf. The tooltip says nothing about base damage or crit damage, and the devs call it an increase.

They probably have a combat log to test this stuff, which they are waiting to give us for some reason.

I know my class.

Edited by Deelow

Iam not trying to fight here.

IMO it`s not "only" a leveling nerv, as you don`t get a dmg increase until you have high lvl equip (Full T1.2 or even some T1.3 pieces).

Fact is that we did get a flat 21% dmg reduction on base DMG and "only" a 30% additional crit dmg.

That means if you don`t have a crit chance of about 45%(with juyo) its a nerf.

To the point that developers "know what they do and tested their stuff":

Sorry but the last patches didn`t seem like there was much testing going on beforehand.

PS: I am 50 btw, and sorry if my grammar isn`t that good, iam no native speaker...

Edited by selectah

To the point that developers "know what they do and tested their stuff":

Sorry but the last patches didn`t seem like there was much testing going on beforehand to me.

This game is running much smoother and I have had 0 ability delay the last few days. Seems to me the devs are doing everything right. They need to focus on improving the gameplay for EVERYONE before focusing on minor issues with classes. The lack of understanding of what it takes to run/improve an MMO is killing this forum.

Any skill that "increases critical strike damage of X attack by Y%" doesn't multiply the X crit dmg by Y%, the Y% is simply added to your surge rating. Damage modifiers are ADDITIVE, not multiplicative

ie:

your surge now= 70%

skill gives +30% to X attack's crit dmg

surge for X attack becomes 70+30%=100%

if your bleed base tick was 100*1,36 = 136 after patch it will become 100*1,15=115

crit of bleed tick would, before patch, be 136*1,7=231 and after patch would become 115*2=230

if your base surge is higher than 70% right now(in character screen), the dmg change will be bigger, as in your crit damage will be lower after the patch.

If your bleed doesn't crit, then you'll flat out do less bleed dmg since it was 136 per tick, after patch will become 115 per tick

Sorry I dunno sentinel skill names, I play a Marauder

this is an obvious nerf

This game is running much smoother and I have had 0 ability delay the last few days. Seems to me the devs are doing everything right. They need to focus on improving the gameplay for EVERYONE before focusing on minor issues with classes. The lack of understanding of what it takes to run/improve an MMO is killing this forum.

One could just as easily say they're doing everything wrong. Every patch for me alternately gives me or takes away 5-10 fps. My graphics card overheats (no dust). Ui bugs everywhere. Struggle to win warzones and then 3-4 in a row dont count.

Mostly, things that are supposedly fixed flat out aren't. I've lost confidence in their ability to fix things.

Too bad, there aren't many things i'd change about the class as it is in 1.1.1

side note: they did sorta improve my delay.

My laptop was over heating as well, but nothing a thermal paste overhaul couldn't take care of. The game runs smooth on high graphics settings now.

Here is the link of my laptop http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G60J/

Modernize your gaming computer and you might be amazed of the difference.

BTW your signatured is my favorite quote from the entire game, I seriously thought about using it as my .sig but didn't write it down and wasn't sure I could remember it word for word. For maximum effect you need to hear it in the original sneering faux-English accent, of course. :)

P

My laptop was over heating as well, but nothing a thermal paste overhaul couldn't take care of. The game runs smooth on high graphics settings now.

Here is the link of my laptop http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G60J/

Modernize your gaming computer and you might be amazed of the difference.

My dusty laptop doesnt overheat, and runs warzones at a charming 12 fps, lol

G51-rx05, cpu is bottlenecking

Its my desktop card that overheats. Like 106 overheat. third party framelimiter needed, np dust, etc

this problem comes and goes with every patch too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.