+4 Presence Datacron on Corellia & large body frames & buggy area in general.

Temperion

I'm sure I'm not the only one Datacron hunting that is encountering this problem. As my long thread title suggests my problem comes from the frustration in getting the Datacron in Corellia for +4 presence. The main problem being for those of us who have male body types 3 or bigger, we cannot fit through the crack that allows us to drop down onto some pipework that leads to the datacron.

Also the immediate area in which the datacron is located is just straight up buggy, as the datacron itself is located on scaffolding bridge/catwalk on the underside of large platform. The big problem though is that you can't actually SEE the bridge/catwalk the datacron is resting on as its invisible to everyone. I've watched several youtube video's of people collecting this datacron and falling down on to a invisible bridge/catwalk instead of falling to their deaths. Although initially humorous, when your on 66/67 datacrons found this becomes annoying as hell.

And yes before any sarcastic replies come flying the youtube videos did have body type 3/4 characters getting this datacron if you use two people ( a skinny body type that can make it through the crack),with a force pull or grapple to pull you toward them before you fall to your death does work but its tricky. But I'm 100% certain this is NOT the proper way in which this datacron is meant to be obtained. It should be able to be picked up by anyone hunting it solo. but unfortunately body frame issues and the buggy area in general prevent this for some players.

My Goal with this thread is to get replies (even simple ones saying Ditto)just saying your having this issue too. And hopefully with enough replies and views that a bioware rep might take notice and respond and at least acknowledge the problem exists and hopefully this will get it fixed sooner rather than later.

P.S. - I don't know if female characters with larger frames are running into this issue as well. But if anyone knows please feel free to post a reply.

P.P.S - there is also a +4 willpower Datacron on Alderaan in which bodytype 3/4 cannot access cuz they can't fit through a large crack in a door frame. And yes there is a workaround for that one as well that involves, "Clever use of game mechanics" (God I love that saying lol) So feel free to chime in on that one as well.

Edited by Temperion

Ohh sorry this is a misplaced post. The following id to achieve the datacron on aldeeran which you need to pass through a crack in the door =S

The same happened to me but I was lucky enough to come up with another method to go up to the datacron.

I have a tier 2 body and of course couldnt pass through the door. Fortunately I was with a tier 1 body type sage lvl 42 which has the ability to pull friends. He passed through the door and went up. I went to the statue in the centre of the building left side of the door and climb on it as high as i could while he leant of the balcony as low as he could and pulled me up.

You can do the same if you are doing it with a character that can pull enemies......he goes up and you climp the statue...request duel and he pulls you.

I know its not easy as going through the door but is the only method of getting the datacron.

Edited by ciskjezarb

some of the datacrons req 2 people, so the part where everyone thats solo should be able to get is incorrect.

There may be datacrons that require two people to get to them. However, if a datacron can be obtained solo by a certain body type, either all body types should be able to obtain them solo OR all bodytypes should require two people to obtain it.

yup, as others have stated having someone pull you through the gap or being a class that can charge and dueling and charging through the gap resolves this issue but do not whatever you do try the alderaan trick of dieing and then being rezzed at other side, its classed as out of bounds and puts you at the med center.

I agree with previous posts if your going to make some datacrons req 2 players to obtain then make all of them require two players to obtain or make it so all datacrons or solo-able with the body types you gave us. Im with you on the 66/67 found and this is he last i need and it sucks that body type 3+4 cannot obtain this without someone taking time out of their day and play time to help you. Bioware please fix this and the Alderaan Datacrons for body types 3+4.

yes, its annoying. No, dont waste time fixing it.

id rather they fix the gamebraking issues rather than waste time on things that can be solved with a friend and some common sense. hell, dont even need that, just a friend and a youtube vid will do :)

Any news on these issues?

I managed to work around the alderaan one but since they fixed the "jumping to holodancer" bug there is no solo workaround anymore for the corelia one...

BW are really sorry though and they apologise for the inconvenience...not quite sorry enough to hand me the flipping datacron however...

I agree with previous posts if your going to make some datacrons req 2 players to obtain then make all of them require two players to obtain or make it so all datacrons or solo-able with the body types you gave us. Im with you on the 66/67 found and this is he last i need and it sucks that body type 3+4 cannot obtain this without someone taking time out of their day and play time to help you. Bioware please fix this and the Alderaan Datacrons for body types 3+4.

Yes, make everything the same because variety just sucks.... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
There may be datacrons that require two people to get to them. However, if a datacron can be obtained solo by a certain body type, either all body types should be able to obtain them solo OR all bodytypes should require two people to obtain it.

This. Certain body types should not require two people when other body types can do it solo.

And we shouldn't be required to lag/exploit on Alderaan to get through that one either.

Edited by Deyjarl

A guy in a group I was in couldn't get the one in the Castle on alderaan. It was too high up for me to harpoon him up or even initiate a duel so he was just SOL. I reported it and they said they are already aware of it and it will be fixed.

I hope it's fixed soon. I'll be starting chapter 1 with a sith warrior soon and he'll be a 3 body type.