So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

the people that got geared pre patch got geared rolling ez prey dude.

Do you have ANY clue how frustrating it was getting 58-60 with a bunch of RNG selected lowbies being tossed into *your* team, making it a certain loss if the other team happend to roll with none?

The people who got geared pre 50 bracket had to put up with loss after loss because 4+ lvl 10's decided to queue for pvp and the RNG decided where they landed.

Basically life for a new 50 grinding to BM is *easier* now they dont have to deal with people who dont even have sprint taking up a spot on their team and giving the other side a decisive advantage... making it GG before it even began.

EVERY match now is at least competative , any 50's are better than non 50's , geared or not...

Sorry to say but your just plain WRONG ;)

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing MMOs for years and i have seen this before...

IGNORANT pvers crying about getting facerolled in pvp.... People that are valor 20 in their 50s come here to qq because it seems like climbing Everest for em to get to battlemaster.

The bad thing is that all companies listen to the qqers everywhere.... Same thing happend to AOC... go to the forums ... ALL pvpers left that game and now its a pve game...sorry its a dead game. Spend some time and browse the pvp forums in that game.

Deep down everyone cry for pvp but they dont care to pvp

Do you have ANY clue how frustrating it was getting 58-60 with a bunch of RNG selected lowbies being tossed into *your* team, making it a certain loss if the other team happend to roll with none?

The people who got geared pre 50 bracket had to put up with loss after loss because 4+ lvl 10's decided to queue for pvp and the RNG decided where they landed.

Basically life for a new 50 grinding to BM is *easier* now they dont have to deal with people who dont even have sprint taking up a spot on their team and giving the other side a decisive advantage... making it GG before it even began.

EVERY match now is at least competative , any 50's are better than non 50's , geared or not...

Sorry to say but your just plain WRONG ;)

there was a ton of premade 50s too

warzones back then gave you alot of experiance and people were hitting 50 really fast, it wasnt long before you started recognizing the pvp gear on the 50 premades, puging is alot nice now in my opinoin

these new 50s are same garbage trash that plagued the pvp forum whining for a bracketed WZ

i KNOW! lets make a bracketed WZ's for new 50s too!

Unwittingly, you've just made a fantastic proposal. There really should be a ladder ranking that pits players against each other based on gear level (in conjunction with a cross-server queue), so that people can play with equally-geared players whenever possible.

I have been playing MMOs for years and i have seen this before...

IGNORANT pvers crying about getting facerolled in pvp.... People that are valor 20 in their 50s come here to qq because it seems like climbing Everest for em to get to battlemaster.

The bad thing is that all companies listen to the qqers everywhere.... Same thing happend to AOC... go to the forums ... ALL pvpers left that game and now its a pve game...sorry its a dead game. Spend some time and browse the pvp forums in that game.

Deep down everyone cry for pvp but they dont care to pvp

If you were a real pvper, you'd be up in arms about the deplorable state of SWTOR's world pvp, because that's where real pvp takes place.

But no, you're here crying about Bioware making it harder for you to faceroll lesser geared players in tightly controlled warzones. lol yeah.

What a faulty logic.

Ofcourse you did well as a fresh lvl 50 when EVERYONE was a fresh level 50.

Try being fresh lvl 50 now, going against all those champs/battlemasters and then talk.

No, as I explained, I was a new 50 when the 50's bracket started. I wasn't even close to early hitting 50 on our server. I was the 10th in my guild alone to hit 50..

There were regulary 2-3 battlemasters in every match I played with and against and I know of five people I had to play against all the time that had 70 + valor when I hit 50, as well as Horizon (who I would put their 4 team premades up against any group) as a very well played republic guild and a few others so Civil War was always very tough...

Point is, I WAS a fresh 50 against champs/battlemasters. Now there are so many new 50's (we have had 7 hit it just this week) that you are going to be going against other new 50's. They all aren't going to be BM's and fully champed out 50's.

I still had a piece of centurion when I made BM last week... Luck sucks, oh well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, our new 50's don't complain much at all. They just group with good players and play smart when they PUG.

Everyone is going to get destroyed from time to time, it's okay.... it's okay.... repeat after me.. Goosfraba, Goosfraba

Edited by XDOUBLEX

Too bad I missed out on being able to go up against level 10's at level 50 in WZ's, exploit valor on Ilum and then annihilate level 50's with my "earned" gear.

I don't care if they're making it easier. ^ Is that I call easy.

Hey wait, standing on the Ilum central spot for five minutes every day and fifteen on tuesdays to get bags was HARD WORK! Think of ALL THE TIME people spent getting geared (T1/T2).

Getting a T1/T2 mixture was certainly much easier pre-patch. Getting valor as an Imp (poor reps) is much easier now than pre-patch. I have gone from 44 to 54 in a few days in front of the republic base (**** hot PvP content!). I guess I'll be 60 valor before I have all T1/T2 parts - still missing bracers, gloves, earpiece and the mainhand.

If you were a real pvper, you'd be up in arms about the deplorable state of SWTOR's world pvp, because that's where real pvp takes place.

But no, you're here crying about Bioware making it harder for you to faceroll lesser geared players in tightly controlled warzones. lol yeah.

I wish to see in a game that people who worked hard to get their PVE gear raiding devotely every week come online and have bioware nerfed their gear to oblivion making it complete crap....

The fact that you have no clue about the game and the mechanics makes you believe that there is actually a huge gap between fresh level 50s and old... there is... but not as much as you believe ... the PVE gear ladder has bigger gaps... but noone cries for pve

I have gone from 44 to 54 in a few days in front of the republic base (**** hot PvP content!). I guess I'll be 60 valor before I have all T1/T2 parts - still missing bracers, gloves, earpiece and the mainhand.

Meh thanks to the inability to get any level 50 gear at all before hitting 50, all of my remaining characters below 50 will be hitting valor rank 50 before they can get anything.

Only it isn't. It's based on gear AND skill. When will you whiners realise its possible to be both geared and skilled? .

Agree.

It just happens by making BM the stupendous grindfest that it is... anyone who reaches BM also has 3 times as much PVP experience as someone who just hit valor 50.

Meaning most BM's arent only geared better, they are *better players* by the time they get their BM gear, because *experience* counts both in playing your own toon AND meaning making moves which win the warzone and always being in the right place at the right time.

I wish to see in a game that people who worked hard to get their PVE gear raiding devotely every week come online and have bioware nerfed their gear to oblivion making it complete crap....

PvE gear is tuned to raid progression. Nerfs to PvE gear would have to be followed immediately by nerfs to Operations and Flashpoints in order to keep the game from imploding in on itself.

On the other hand, PvP gear is tuned to an arbitrary sense of balance between classes, player skill, fun, and player retention. As an ever-fluctuating balance between several subjective elements, it's only natural that gear may need to be brought into line in an attempt to avoid alienating newer players once they hit a certain level or other artificial threshold.

. I have gone from 44 to 54 in a few days in front of the republic base (**** hot PvP content!). I guess I'll be 60 valor before I have all T1/T2 parts - still missing bracers, gloves, earpiece and the mainhand.

Hate to say this but at 54, your a little over *half way* to 60... the curve gets VERY steep after 54.

Found this from an old post, the numbers are accurate for XP/Valor required for each valor level

51: 13.7k

52: 17k

53: 21k

54: 25k

55: 29k

56: 33k

57: 37k

58: 41k

59: 44k

60: 48k

My advice is... if you dont have a build that regularly makes 8-10 medals... respec untill you find one that does (tank/dps hybrid or heals/dps hybrid)...

Getting 8+ medals consistantly helps a LOT with that grind..

Edited by blackadda

Na, just give us blue 50 pvp gear (entry expert.), and crafted gear that's comparable to champ gear.

No grinding required *shock*.

All the kiddies who near gear progression can still try and get BM gear, whilst the rest of enjoy PVP that isn't so.... gear dependent?

So you want crafted gear that is equivalent to the 2nd best pvp gear? I can see it being on par with cent gear, but not champ gear.

Why not make all 2nd best pve gear craftable then? I am geared, I can has raid now?

Unwittingly, you've just made a fantastic proposal. There really should be a ladder ranking that pits players against each other based on gear level (in conjunction with a cross-server queue), so that people can play with equally-geared players whenever possible.

Wonder what the Queue times would be for that proposal?

I don't understand why people are so elitist . its not like wow arena where to get glad you have to beat glads and if you get beat you lose pts. or sc2 where you have to beat diamond league players to get diamond league yourself.

the people that are bm geared or w/e simply had less of a life/more time to spare so they got there first .

Its not like if you lost a WZ or Died in ilum you lost valor .

personally, I think they should just have two 50's brackets sub 300 expertise in one , 300 and over in a different bracket. That way ppl we be a little more in line . That might not be so bad .Q times may be longer but at least fresh 50's can contribute some what more and bm's can have more challenging matches .

PvE gear is tuned to raid progression. Nerfs to PvE gear would have to be followed immediately by nerfs to Operations and Flashpoints in order to keep the game from imploding in on itself.

On the other hand, PvP gear is tuned to an arbitrary sense of balance between classes, player skill, fun, and player retention. As an ever-fluctuating balance between several subjective elements, it's only natural that gear may need to be brought into line in an attempt to avoid alienating newer players once they hit a certain level or other artificial threshold.

You are failing to see the impact of nerf thou... and this is what all this conversation is all about... Nerfing pvp gear = buffing pve gear.

If you pay close attention to the differences between Centurion and Battlemaster gear is arround 20 expertise per piece.... 20 expertise is less than 0.5% in mitigation and damage. What they have done wrong is that the mods in the Centurion gear are a bit nerfed.. YOU CAN CHANGE THE MODS IN THE CENTURION GEAR with some really nice crafted.

What they need to do is to buff A LITTLE MAYBE the centurion gear mods and all is ok. But still since you can change em it doens really worth all this BLA BLA crap.

P.S.

people are not alienated due to gear differences but because of ignorance.

I don't understand why people are so elitist . its not like wow arena where to get glad you have to beat glads and if you get beat you lose pts. or sc2 where you have to beat diamond league players to get diamond league yourself.

the people that are bm geared or w/e simply had less of a life/more time to spare so they got there first .

Its not like if you lost a WZ or Died in ilum you lost valor .

personally, I think they should just have two 50's brackets sub 300 expertise in one , 300 and over in a different bracket. That way ppl we be a little more in line . That might not be so bad .Q times may be longer but at least fresh 50's can contribute some what more and bm's can have more challenging matches .

I'll just take off my gear to get a lower queue time to complete my daily/weekly. You're right cause skill < gear.

yeah sure but then we will have situation where PvE gear is better than PvP gear. All people will need to do is to grind PvE gear and the same situation will repeat in time. Better players with better gear >>>> poor players.

Still I find it too unfair to just nerf PvP gear. As many has pointed out, PvP gear is HARD to get, same as PvE gear. I PvP I do not whine on forums to nerf FPs, Bosses, PvE. Stick out from PvP if you wanna PvE please.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.