Seriously, where are the players?

Deluged

I know, another thread complaining about something. I am really disappointed in the server population on my server. It was a very popular RP'ing shard. The last week or so I've noticed a notable drop off. Today on Quesh there was an average of 6 players, all day long. That's ridiculous for a new MMO!

I don't really know what they can do long range, but in the near future they best be thinking about some kind of merger. This game already has to battle the stigma of feeling like a single player game....much longer and it will be. At least on my server.

How in the world did this happen? Star Wars = win.....Bioware = win..

Why did this game fall so flat with all that going for it?

You will be told to join one of the 5 high pop servers left and that if you complain, just quit.

All the work you put into your character? Doesn't matter just reroll on the few decent servers left and assume everything is fine and dandy.

I know, another thread complaining about something. I am really disappointed in the server population on my server. It was a very popular RP'ing shard. The last week or so I've noticed a notable drop off. Today on Quesh there was an average of 6 players, all day long. That's ridiculous for a new MMO!

I don't really know what they can do long range, but in the near future they best be thinking about some kind of merger. This game already has to battle the stigma of feeling like a single player game....much longer and it will be. At least on my server.

It didn't fall flat. Drop offs are common right after launch. The pop will grow and stabalize eventually but lows like this happen.

Nearly every US server is at "Standard" right now.

Standard has a seemingly large range, and at the low end, really doesn't feel close to enough to be a full of life MMO server.

My server is Standard all through primetime, and not much is happening (in terms of warfront queues, raids/4mans - you can do a /who 50 and see where every 50 is at any given time).

plus, the number of online 50's during prime time on my server seems to be dropping. I don't know about lower levels, maybe it's a bunch of rerolls?

Yeah I get pretty much the same thing. Lol On the server I rolled theirs like 3 ppl on quesh on a good day, but its been a while. plus its only a 1 lvl planet. I usually search "50" to see whats happening. around 1pm theirs maybe 30-40 and then at 10pm it can vary from 50-80. republic needs more numbers on my server. But these things are normal. Theres always a good 30 on starter planets never seen less then 20 minimum. But yeah I hope they merge afew. Yeah I'm rerolling waiting for more 50s. need mo action Edited by Jimudthesecond

You will be told to join one of the 5 high pop servers left and that if you complain, just quit.

All the work you put into your character? Doesn't matter just reroll on the few decent servers left and assume everything is fine and dandy.

I find it funny that you said "work". I blame WoW for that one.

It's really odd to me to see so many complaints like this. I have characters on 3 different servers (all PVE, I'll join a PVP server once I'm comfortable with all the classes). 4 of my characters are republic side and 2 are imperial. I have never been on a planet or fleet where the population has dropped below 25 and usually I'm still up in the 70-80 range. I purposely selected the lowest populations available when I got into early access because I didn't like wait times. How are you guys seeing such low populations? Are you playing at 4AM? Maybe time zone makes a difference. I'm on the West Coast and on their servers: Vornskr, Zaalbar and Darth Sion. I usually play from 6-10pm during the week but when my students have a day off from school I have played earlier and expected lower populations but like I said they were still over 25 on those days. Maybe you just had bad luck on a server. Or maybe RP servers struggle?

Christmas break is over and all the kiddies are back in school. Explains the weekday drop. Watch the weekends when the servers start looking better.

Then you have the hardcore players who burned the game in 1-2 weeks, including early access, completed endgame, got mad and quit.

You can see this with plenty of MMO's. SWTOR has been out for a month and a half, roughly, so you'll see population variance especailly hitting endgame so fast. Best bet is to start on another server with a constant population. 2 cents

You don't say?

Non Prime Time hours show less players then during Prime Time?

That is simply astounding.

You don't say?

Non Prime Time hours show less players then during Prime Time?

That is simply astounding.

ROFL Prime Time hours? Sunday night with 78 players on Republic Fleet... Yes Prime time is much better hahaha. Prime time it might only take me 1 hour instead of 2 to find a group for a flashpoint.

Christmas break is over and all the kiddies are back in school. Explains the weekday drop. Watch the weekends when the servers start looking better.

Then you have the hardcore players who burned the game in 1-2 weeks, including early access, completed endgame, got mad and quit.

You can see this with plenty of MMO's. SWTOR has been out for a month and a half, roughly, so you'll see population variance especailly hitting endgame so fast. Best bet is to start on another server with a constant population. 2 cents

Agreed. All theses people acting like the game has failed baffle me.

BRO, didn't you hear?! This game has like ONE MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND active subs! How can the servers be empty?!!?!? That is like 8,000 players per server for all 215 servers! There should be like 2,000 to 3,000 active players throughout the day on ALL servers with those kind of numbers. JUST AMAZING!!!!!!

But uh, WHERE ARE THEY HIDING!??!!?!?!?!?

Oh wait....... that's right..... they all cancelled. Forgot those numbers in Q3 reports were including 30 day free playtime from box sales as 'active'.... my bad.

Edited by Proto

Nearly every US server is at "Standard" right now.

Really, Quesh is only going to be a tiny snapshot of player activity on a server. I think I played through that area in literally a day.

The best measure of player activity on a server is the fleet pop level, which is always about 10 times higher on weekends than weekdays on my servers. Not a big change from the past.

"Reroll a more populated server" is not a viable solution. There straight up shouldn't be servers with populations as low as they are. There are ~80 PvP servers active, of which ~2 are routinely mentioned as good ones to join.

I'll be nice and say 25% of those 80 have healthy populations, based on that my server sits about in the middle of these charts and I would classify it as borderline healthy. This morning (during non peak times) there were a total of 13 ppl on Belsavis and Hoth combined, with a whopping 25 or so gents chilling around in the Republic fleet. These numbers do pick up during "primetime" to around maybe 80 people on the fleet, but IMO that should be the absolute lowest that region gets to.

Spew any numbers you want about subs and active users, until I see 80 people on the fleet at 7 AM west coast time as an average across many servers there are too few people playing on too many servers.

Edited by BrotardNosef

Ah my server had a whooping 55 people on the fleet at sunday evening 7 pm, which is primetime.

Whole server had 31 50s online.

50s warzone dont pop at all, and ilums epic world pvp is rightclicking boxes.

I was concerned about that but now that i read holidays are over, people are working etc. i feel MUCH better:rolleyes:

Btw. server is dune bantha and its not even one of the lowest, there are usually around 20 servers below it regarding population.

Only your faction is low- the problem with mergers.

1. They are time-consuming (time taken away from fixing bugs)

2. They are expensive (you will lose some subs who can't keep their special name, etc)

3. You'll dramatically increase the number of Imperials too and their queue times and performance issues will double which goes back to #2.

I'm guessing but you'd have to merge 2-3 servers of Republic faction folks to equal 1 server worth of Imperials as it is today. Some are worse than others. I have not heard of any server that had more Republic than Imperial (not that there isn't one... if there is they are being very quiet about it).

Assuming that's for every realm at the moment... how do you propose to deal with the overwhelming Imperial population that won't cost AE/BW any money/time dealing with the many bugs/game flaws???

My advice? Reroll Imperial. They have won the war- they have most of the class/PVP advantages. I even hear their story-lines are more original, genuine. The whole known saga follows the Republic... so you can pretty much guess how it turns out.

You can alway come back to Republic when/if the issues are fixed.

It's really odd to me to see so many complaints like this. I have characters on 3 different servers (all PVE, I'll join a PVP server once I'm comfortable with all the classes). 4 of my characters are republic side and 2 are imperial. I have never been on a planet or fleet where the population has dropped below 25 and usually I'm still up in the 70-80 range. I purposely selected the lowest populations available when I got into early access because I didn't like wait times. How are you guys seeing such low populations? Are you playing at 4AM? Maybe time zone makes a difference. I'm on the West Coast and on their servers: Vornskr, Zaalbar and Darth Sion. I usually play from 6-10pm during the week but when my students have a day off from school I have played earlier and expected lower populations but like I said they were still over 25 on those days. Maybe you just had bad luck on a server. Or maybe RP servers struggle?

Every single Early Access Realm was 'heavy or full' within a day or two of the actual release date. They aren't that now because AE/BW opened up the cap and/or redifined what heavy/standard etc means. Those values are highly subjective and easily altered.