Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Leaving warzones is an epidemic...

Drin-King

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that don't care, what happens when they introduce the player rating system? Not hard to have a perfect rating if you leave every loosing WZ.

I leave WZ right now. I leave if I'm loosing and I'm in a rush and I leave if I get queued into a losing WZ because everyone else left. I sometimes even leave if half my group leaves as we have no chance of winning after that.

Anyway if there was a deserter debuff I would second think leaving and I think many others would too.

I often end up joining missions that are in progress, so I know there's some level of attrition. I know sometimes people crash out or something, but if I join a mission that's at least a couple of minutes in, and we're losing, I tend to believe they left on purpose.

The thing is, some of those matches completely turned around with a couple of new players, and we ended up winning, or at least having a REALLY close match.

A quitter-penalty sounds great on the surface, but the problem is with crashing out, or having the server dump you out of the WZ for some reason. For instance, my internet connection will just drop for 60-100 seconds in the middle of the evening occasionally. Just enough to make sure I'm disconnected from the game, and then I can log right back in after waiting for a full minute, and usually during a match that we're winning (heh). All of these kinds of things happen from time to time. I don't want to be penalized for something that isn't intentional.

I am not a fan of people leaving. So I do support a deserter debuff (like one of the many things they should have taken from wow but didn't)...

BUT only if it can tell you left intentionally.

Let's face it this game is not stable no matter what system tweaking advice they offer. I would be livid if I got dropped from the server, or get a system crash, only to find out when I log back in that not only am I not in the same warzone, but I'm not allowed to que for X minutes.

Edited by Skrills

I used to never leave, and would make comments of those that did. Then the opposing side started farming in Huttball. Get 5 scores, then keep passing the ball around so they could maximize medals. You have a choice. Stick around for marginal exp/money etc and increase your opponents valor gain increasing their gear advantage over you in future matches, or get enough people to leave to shut off the valor flow.

The delta of valor between you and the farming team is greater if they farm then if you leave and lose out on your minimum valor.

Edited by Ravenolf

The penalty is you get zero xp, commendations, money, or valor and you've wasted x minutes of your game time.

Fair enough penalty.

I think it sucks that some players choose to bail at the first sign of trouble, but if they're quitters, they're probably not worth having around anyway.

On the other hand, if you're in a pug who has no clue what they're doing and/or people are screaming at each other in chat instead of concentrating, it's certainly acceptable to get the hell out of there.

WRONG... people who leave are the problem

By accepting that you are leaving and getting no XP, commendations, credits, or valor you have "penalized" yourself but what your failing to realize is that you just handicapped your team by leaving. Anyone who leaves after 1 point scored in huttball should be banned for an hour+ from WZ's. They are self centered and have no team concept (regardless of the skill of the team). When you enter you should also be required to leave when the WZ ends... take your lumps (maybe you'll learn how to play defensive since no-one seems to know where their defensive CD's are these days)

There needs to be a GAME ISSUED penalty for leaving a WZ such as a deserter buff. I actually would prefer a stat debuff somewhat like a rez sickness that prevents them from doing anything combat related after leaving a team behind. I'll also get in before people who argue "What if I'm disconnected" and to that I say I don't care. You have still left your team handicapped. Do you think raid bosses pause if the tank gets disconnected? No.. you wipe and start over which normally takes time... so any argument about not getting debuffed upon WZ exit still does not apply.

Flame on, but I guarantee some type of game penalty will be implemented and when it does I will smile. Until then I'll continue to flame everyone exiting WZ's in general chat to make sure they are never asked to premade

EDIT: Yes this is QQ and rightfully so... only carebears and bad players will disagree that quitters should get off free.

Edited by Organikal

I used to never leave, and would make comments of those that did. Then the opposing side started farming in Huttball. Get 5 scores, then keep passing the ball around so they could maximize medals. You have a choice. Stick around for marginal exp/money etc and increase your opponents valor gain increasing their gear advantage over you in future matches, or get enough people to leave to shut off the valor flow.

The delta of valor between you and the farming team is greater if they farm then if you leave and lose out on your minimum valor.

My pet peeve right now is when the enemy team won't score at all and runs around farming and making sure we don't score, then at the end they get the ball and hold it and suddenly they're all organized and we can't get near them.

For some reason that makes my head explode.

Edited by maradigamer

There's barely any difference between losing and winning anyways. Perhaps they leave because they don't want to go up against a preform or they have real life things to do?

Also, why do you care what another person does on the internet?

Part of the reason I leave is the WZ daily credit bug. If I've just played 15 games, won 5 of them and got credit for 1, there's no way I'm going to sit through a bunch more obvious losses. You can tell a win from a loss most times before the game even starts.

The only reason ppl should really have for leaving WZs is because they're farming wins for their daily. This is really a stupid reason to farm wins. If you stay in a WZ, regardless of if you win or lose, you're getting commendations which get you gear.

I'm guessing what we're seeing here is the complete and total embodiment of laziness and there’s no way to fix stupid.

Also, Sorcs aren't OPd

By accepting that you are leaving and getting no XP, commendations, credits, or valor you have "penalized" yourself but what your failing to realize is that you just handicapped your team by leaving. Anyone who leaves after 1 point scored in huttball should be banned for an hour+ from WZ's. They are self centered and have no team concept (regardless of the skill of the team). When you enter you should also be required to leave when the WZ ends... take your lumps (maybe you'll learn how to play defensive since no-one seems to know where their defensive CD's are these days)

There needs to be a GAME ISSUED penalty for leaving a WZ such as a deserter buff. I actually would prefer a stat debuff somewhat like a rez sickness that prevents them from doing anything combat related after leaving a team behind. I'll also get in before people who argue "What if I'm disconnected" and to that I say I don't care. You have still left your team handicapped. Do you think raid bosses pause if the tank gets disconnected? No.. you wipe and start over which normally takes time... so any argument about not getting debuffed upon WZ exit still does not apply.

Flame on, but I guarantee some type of game penalty will be implemented and when it does I will smile. Until then I'll continue to flame everyone exiting WZ's in general chat to make sure they are never asked to premade

EDIT: Yes this is QQ and rightfully so... only carebears and bad players will disagree that quitters should get off free.

The other day when i decided to pvp i got in the wz within a sec after signing up the 3 or 4 first times i queue'd, and guess what...i joined wz's already lost with 9min left of ppl farming the team i joined.. so if i dont bother stay around getting farmed for 9min...should i get deserter buff or any other of the penalty u suggest?

So i startet to pass on the once that got me in after a few secs, and i started joining fresh wz's, but this time my teammates died like flies, so i started inspecting them, and all together they didnt get close to my expertise or my rank, so once more i ended up getting farmed for almost 10min. So once more should i get punished coz i dont wanna stay getting famed.

The WZ is ruined for a casual player in a guild that not many ppl bother to pvp, coz u most of the time end up in a ****** group getting trashed by premades.

So u can ask for a penalty for deserters, i rather ask for wz queue's after the rank of a players so if im suppose to meet premades i atleast do it with ppl in similar gear that have a chance to win.

The other day when i decided to pvp i got in the wz within a sec after signing up the 3 or 4 first times i queue'd, and guess what...i joined wz's already lost with 9min left of ppl farming the team i joined.. so if i dont bother stay around getting farmed for 9min...should i get deserter buff or any other of the penalty u suggest?

Yes, you should... do you in any other MMO? 9/10 of them you do.

So i startet to pass on the once that got me in after a few secs, and i started joining fresh wz's, but this time my teammates died like flies, so i started inspecting them, and all together they didnt get close to my expertise or my rank, so once more i ended up getting farmed for almost 10min. So once more should i get punished coz i dont wanna stay getting famed.

Yes, you should. You are making carebear points counter arguments. DO you treat anything else in your life this way?

The WZ is ruined for a casual player in a guild that not many ppl bother to pvp, coz u most of the time end up in a ****** group getting trashed by premades.

So u can ask for a penalty for deserters, i rather ask for wz queue's after the rank of a players so if im suppose to meet premades i atleast do it with ppl in similar gear that have a chance to win.

This will NEVER happen because of the complexity of it and also because queue times would go through the roof. How would a group with 2 valor rank 10's and 2 62's queue? Instead, make friends (wow what a concept), jump on skype chat, and queue in groups. Team game = team concept... go figure. In premades communication and teamwork > gear level in most cases.

Edited by Organikal

Part of the reason I leave is the WZ daily credit bug. If I've just played 15 games, won 5 of them and got credit for 1, there's no way I'm going to sit through a bunch more obvious losses. You can tell a win from a loss most times before the game even starts.

If everyone who was losing did as you do there would be no PvP and every match would end early. Thankfully not everyone is so selfish.

First off I leave every time I get huttball because I absolutely despise the game mode. Secondly if you implement a "deserter" debuff you're just going to have more and more people going AFK or not participating to make the game go faster so they can get out.

Lighten up, Francis.

I'm not ashamed to say I do leave WZ's, usually because the game is started with the team being down 2/3/4 people, so even if you get the extras 'soon' for a whole team - your opponents already hold a huge advantage. Why get farmed in such a game? Leave and hope for better next go. ;)

Everyone leaves. Why stay, no penalty.

Enemy scored first? Leave.

Enemy capped two turrets? Leave.

Enemy got first door in 90 seconds? Leave.

Needs to be at least 20 min penalty on this, you leave you lose all benefits and can't join another till the one you left is over.

Your team filled with people who cannot dress themselves in the morning? Thank You Bioware for letting me leave!

I could care less.....

if you want to leave, leave.......I stay no matter what. I still get XP, credits, commendations and valor in a shorter period of time than the quitter as he now has to re-queue and re-play his game hoping he get on a winning side.

Sometimes having to wait in queue only to join a group of players who have no idea how to play and no interest in learning/communicating, you know, enduring 5 mins of that is enough punishment for us.

Yeah it's that bad and frustrating when we want to leave without even getting xp or commendations.

The punishment is already there. You just don't see it because you have nothing better to do than to sit in pvp and remain oblivious.

Edited by EscVelocity

Dont suck and people wont leave, enemy gets the door in 90 seconds? you suck, enemy caps 2 turrets right away? you suck.

I agree they need a debuff but it wont keep me in matches full of morons on my team, when i leave i usualy stop playing the game for awhile anyways.

meh...i don't care really

They're replaced fast enough, makes no difference to the game. Plus, I'd rather have a replacement than someone who is going to afk the rest of the match because we're losing.

Edited by Soazak

I am sorry but I will leave

A. every time I get the Civilwar, before game starts, because it seems this WZ is to complicated for the majority of players.

B. When the team will just run around doing nothing constructive, and no teamwork whatsoever.

I am sorry but I will leave

A. every time I get the Civilwar, before game starts, because it seems this WZ is to complicated for the majority of players.

So if I queue with you, me and six other people will probably lose because we start shorthanded as we wait for the game to find a replacement.

Thanks, as long as you get what you want this seems reasonable and not selfish.

Just admit you leave when your team is down and queue with another team, or make a better excuse.

Edited by richardya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.