Sage the Ultimate Raid Healer?

I play a scoundrel as heals for 16man OP's and 8man HM's, I love healing as a scoundrel. However, our AoE heal is limited to 4 people and hits targets randomly, and not those who need it most. An instant AoE heal is pretty nice though for regular HM's, not complaining.

Commandos have it just like the scoundrels, yes? Limited to 'X' amount of people?

Are sages the only healers in the game to have a raid-wide heal ability? If all it takes is to up the energy consumption of my kolto cloud so it hits every single member in the group, I'll take it, even with a cast time - add that on there too if you want.

Thoughts anyone? I understand that classes should be unique, and each should be different. But as it is, sages are the surpreme AoE-healers that stand alone, no?

I leveled my Consular Sage Seer Lvl 50 a week ago, and I played Heroics 4 or 2+ a few times with Scoundrels with heal.

I think if you read about both classes you know both have advantages and disadvantages.

Our AOE (salvation) heal (I had since lvl 41) is surely great in this situations not so much in others. It also pays a big price on our force power. We have only 600 Power.

Read the review on Sage, and you can know better about this.

They are, but their single target heal is somewhat limited.

We play our 8 men FPs with a scoundrel healer, that mainly heals the main tank and me as a sage, who keeps up the group and it works fine.

Our scoundrel healer has leveled up a commando healer now and thinks, that the commando is quite superior to the scoundrel.

We had a Sage and Scoundrel healing our Nightmare OPs, both had 4 pieces of Rakata Gear, One day the Scoundrel couldnt make it, and We had to take a guildie who had only the full Champion PvP set, and we managed to get Soa Hard Mode more than we have before, due to the extra AoE Heals and the Shields. So I'd say the Sage is superior for Raids. Edited by Alohen

Personally Scoundrel's have better single target healing, ie great for the tanks. Being a main tank in 16man nightmare mode encounters its alot easier for the Scoundrels to keep me alive than it is the Sages.

I wouldn't do an OP without either class, mixture of the AoE sage and Single heal scoundrel is the key to success.

The sorc/sage aoe heal only heals everyone in the raid if they all stand in an 8 meter circle for 12 seconds. Not something that happens too often in ops.

Ev 1st, 2nd, 5th boss

KP 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th boss

Just listing the bosses our Ops use Sage AoE heal on Hardmode/Nightmare

Edited by Alohen

all have a roll to play.

if a scoundrel/commando had the same aoe healing as sage. then what is the point in making the sage healer?

if a sage had the same single target healing ability as commando/scoundrel then why make a commando/scoundrel?

all classes have spesial unique abilitys that they are a little bitt better at then other classes.

its like. sage class you can dps/tank/heal, same with commando you can heal/dps/tank.

so for my part i am a sage healer.

so we can tank/dps/heal. if we have been the best at all 3. why make all the other classes?

every class have there roll to play. you cant get everything in one bag.

its like in real life. you cant have everything there either. you cant have the IQ as Albert Einstein and have as much money as Donald Trump.

Ev 1st, 2nd, 5th boss

KP 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th boss

Just listing the bosses our Ops use Sage AoE heal on Hardmode/Nightmare

I never said the heal was useless, I asked how many times is your ENTIRE raid stacked for 12s to get healing from it. Obviously there are parts of an encounter where everyone or a large percent of the raid is stacked and the heal is great, but to say that happens all the time, like was implied in the op, is being disingenuous.

I never said the heal was useless, I asked how many times is your ENTIRE raid stacked for 12s to get healing from it. Obviously there are parts of an encounter where everyone or a large percent of the raid is stacked and the heal is great, but to say that happens all the time, like was implied in the op, is being disingenuous.

our range knows to stay near the sage for aoe healing, and when it's time to collapse the group, our sage puts down the aoe right on top of us. Their AoE-Healing is used in almost every boss fight in EV, not so much KP, but a lot in EV.

@Aliath: Yes, I know every class should be different - but also think about the flaw in this, what if you had no sages available? Penalized for not bringing a class to an 8 or 16man? Doesn't seem right, not saying a group of good scoundrels can't do the job, but having raid-wide heals sure makes things easier.

I play a scoundrel as heals for 16man OP's and 8man HM's, I love healing as a scoundrel. However, our AoE heal is limited to 4 people and hits targets randomly, and not those who need it most. An instant AoE heal is pretty nice though for regular HM's, not complaining.

Commandos have it just like the scoundrels, yes? Limited to 'X' amount of people?

Are sages the only healers in the game to have a raid-wide heal ability? If all it takes is to up the energy consumption of my kolto cloud so it hits every single member in the group, I'll take it, even with a cast time - add that on there too if you want.

Thoughts anyone? I understand that classes should be unique, and each should be different. But as it is, sages are the surpreme AoE-healers that stand alone, no?

Sage/Sorcerer is much easier to play than a Scoundrel/operative, as healer. The resource management is simpler, the healing mechanics are simpler, your force (energy) efficiency is much greater as a Sage with your force bending mechanics than it is with the Scoundrels upper hand mechanics.

Overall, having played both class (Sorcerer/Scoundrel) and currently leveling a Sage, i would say that i would never... ever... choose to play a scoundrel healer over a Sage, the former is just less aggravating and less stressful class to play.

Ok sorry, I misunderstood you then. Carry on :D

the first boss can be stacked on at his feet rather than los'ing around the pillars when he does his missle attack. this allows both sages to cast their aoes and attacks to still be thrown while missles are hitting us in the face.

so in EV there are about 3 times in the first boss fight when we are stacked, normal and hard mode.

the first boss can be stacked on at his feet rather than los'ing around the pillars when he does his missle attack. this allows both sages to cast their aoes and attacks to still be thrown while missles are hitting us in the face.

so in EV there are about 3 times in the first boss fight when we are stacked, normal and hard mode.

Yep, In EV and Karaggas I saw a signifigant difference in taking our Well geared Scoundrel, and then taking our Mediocre geared Sage, less people died with the sage

Personally Scoundrel's have better single target healing, ie great for the tanks. Being a main tank in 16man nightmare mode encounters its alot easier for the Scoundrels to keep me alive than it is the Sages.

I wouldn't do an OP without either class, mixture of the AoE sage and Single heal scoundrel is the key to success.

Unless sages are gimped compared to sith sorcerers or scoundrels are a lot stronger than operatives, someone's doing something wrong. The single target throughput of a sorcerer is massive if done right, and can be sustained over virtually an unlimited amount of time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.