[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Blue to Purple 20%

Purple to "better" Purple 10% <= on this type I did manage (pre patch 1.2) one with much luck, got the "better" purple on my first try, and exactly the suffix I was looking for.

So i guess you get lucky sometimes...and other times not....

(edit : damn colors not always working in forum....)

So what exactly do you get from a "Better Purple" as you call it? do you get another prefix/stat, and is it only 1 "Better Purple" for all the purples, or does each purple item have it's own better purple?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly do you get from a "Better Purple" as you call it? do you get another prefix/stat, and is it only 1 "Better Purple" for all the purples, or does each purple item have it's own better purple?

Go back and read the first post on the first page of this thread. The answers you seek are there.

Basically, it depends on if the item follows the linear or prefix path (based on item type....Armor vs weapon vs implant, etc). If it follows the prefix path, it will have a new prefix and new stat and there are generally 5 (except for RE from Redoubt) possible "Better Purples" per purple item....

Orange items cannot be Reverse Engineered. I imagine this is actually an oversight, an unintended consequence of the new system. Previously, orange items were not RE-able because they did not want people to RE items they could not receive again, like quest rewards. This still applies, but now has the added effect of causing people to be unable to recover materials when trying to obtain a critically crafted orange.

I can RE a blaster rifle on my Armstech. However, it has mods. Even orange dropped blasters that I left alone, but still contain mods, show up as RE-able. Of course there is nothing to learn and I haven't actually followed through with the RE, but the tooltip says I can. It's possible that the mod-bug from pre-1.2 is still there, but I don't have any mod-less guns to check out. Does anyone else have any info about it?

I have a couple synthweaving questions if anyone has the answer,

Can the Warbringer's Body Armor from Hammer Station be RE'ed now?

http://www.torhead.com/item/TGEpKp/warbringers-body-armor#screenshots

Alternatively, does anyone know where to obtain the schematic for Warrior's Pulsing Chestguard?

http://www.torhead.com/item/9QhYlOL/warriors-pulsing-chestguard

Thanks!

I can RE a blaster rifle on my Armstech. However, it has mods. Even orange dropped blasters that I left alone, but still contain mods, show up as RE-able. Of course there is nothing to learn and I haven't actually followed through with the RE, but the tooltip says I can. It's possible that the mod-bug from pre-1.2 is still there, but I don't have any mod-less guns to check out. Does anyone else have any info about it?

Most likely this is still the mod bug, as none of my empty shells can be RE'd. (Armormech)

I have a couple synthweaving questions if anyone has the answer,

Can the Warbringer's Body Armor from Hammer Station be RE'ed now?

http://www.torhead.com/item/TGEpKp/warbringers-body-armor#screenshots

Alternatively, does anyone know where to obtain the schematic for Warrior's Pulsing Chestguard?

http://www.torhead.com/item/9QhYlOL/warriors-pulsing-chestguard

Thanks!

From the patch note I thought that orange schem could be RE-ed but empty orange are no RE-able and with mods in they only give mats, there is no red nor green message in the tooltip.

For now I would say no to your first question (but schem might be found by mission of appropriate level, check the galactic market)

From the patch note I thought that orange schem could be RE-ed but empty orange are no RE-able and with mods in they only give mats, there is no red nor green message in the tooltip.

For now I would say no to your first question (but schem might be found by mission of appropriate level, check the galactic market)

Delrusant, I think you're right, thanks for reminding me about that statement. I guess that just leaves the question of:

Does anyone know where to obtain the schematic for Warrior's Pulsing Chestguard?

http://www.torhead.com/item/9QhYlOL/...ing-chestguard

Does your current companion affect RE? Is it better to RE on your ship (since you dont have a companion assigned)?

According to the new playrers guide it doesn't matter where you RE, except while on the taxi you can't RE there. and if you RE while mounted it'll dismount you. You do not need to be by a work station to RE, and it doesn't give you a better chance.

since 1.2 i've had both extremes of the RE chance. I had to RE 35 redoubt cortoise weave bracers to get the generals schematic for it.

I did the regular force savant (green bracers) crafted 5 of them and on my first 3 RE attempts I got all 3 prototype schems one after the other.

So overall i think the RE chances are higher but you can still go on runs where it won't hit for a while

Hi,

Can anyone explain what is the effect of alacrity, surge, shield, accuracy and presence? And what is the relation or difference between an item with (defense+alacrity) vs (critical+alacrity) vs (power+alacrity)?. Last, What is the better of them to equip by different character classes? Thanks.:sy_consular:

Hi,

Can anyone explain what is the effect of alacrity, surge, shield, accuracy and presence? And what is the relation or difference between an item with (defense+alacrity) vs (critical+alacrity) vs (power+alacrity)?. Last, What is the better of them to equip by different character classes? Thanks.:sy_consular:

Alacrity speeds up abilities that take time - for example the SW's "Ravage" if you have enough alacrity instead of it being an attack that takes 3 seconds and does 900 damage, it take 2.5 seconds and still do 900 damage (alarcrity = attack speed) this does not effect cooldowns or instant abilities though.

Surge means that your critical heals/attacks do a higher amount of damage (if your critical multiplier or surge rating is 40% then everytime you had a critical attack it would do 140% of its regular damage).

Shield works for Jugs/Guards and Asassins/Shadows, basically it increases the chance that you will absorb and attack and Absorb increases how much of that attack you absorb. So like Critical and Surge but for defense instead of offense.

Accuracy.... sort of sucks to be honest. It's supposed to insure that your melee hits don't miss but it's not as important as so any other stats.

Presence: The effectiveness of your companions. Higher presence equals better dps and healing from your comps. So more presence essentially is the same as putting better gear on them.

P.S: This really isn't the right thread to ask this question in though - I would recommend checking out a class guide for your new characters. Best of luck!

Edited by AshlaBoga

[quote=AshlaBoga;4075526

Accuracy.... sort of sucks to be honest. It's supposed to insure that your melee hits don't miss but it's not as important as so any other stats.

An apparté, if you are a dps level 50 and planning to do hard level pve content then accuracy in a resonable number is a must (to not miss by a roll from your caracter only from a defensive rolle from the opponent). But accuracy while leveling is not really interesting.

Any one know if the empty orange inability to be RE-ed is a bug from intended 1.2 or if it is normal (I am loosing so much material to craft oranges for the guild and friends to get critical one, my stocks are dwindling fast and no one sells archeology material right now)

Any one know if the empty orange inability to be RE-ed is a bug from intended 1.2 or if it is normal (I am loosing so much material to craft oranges for the guild and friends to get critical one, my stocks are dwindling fast and no one sells archeology material right now)

There's a Dev post (here) that seems to say it's a bug that they're working on fixing....

Shield works for Jugs/Guards and Asassins/Shadows, basically it increases the chance that you will absorb and attack and Absorb increases how much of that attack you absorb. So like Critical and Surge but for defense instead of offense.

Shield/absorb is also for Vanguards/Powertechs.

Ghrunn Felshard

50 DS Vanguard, 64 valor

Order of Methedras

Corellians Run

No they can't. Even though BW said that it should possible and that you should get 2x item on a crit, in the live game this doesn't work.

Yes they can all crit, you will get an augment slot when they do.

Did this change in 1.2? I crit on enhancments all the time.

Looks like they condensed it into a single sticky with the list of important posts....

Which, while understandable, kind of sucks. It's an unfortunate truth that people put a minimal effort into finding information for themselves before they ask others to give it to them. I imagine without a sticky at the top that specifically says "Reverse Engineering" in it, there are going to be a lot more redundant RE threads popping up.

But it is what it is, and I'm not overly concerned with informing those who don't make any effort to inform themselves anyway.

Adding information to the bugs list, as follows:

• Certain Custom items, often weapons, can be reverse engineered when they have mods in them. They seem to yield no results other than what would result from reverse engineering the mods they contain. Current knowledge indicates Custom shells themselves yield no additional results.
  • Campaign items are intended to be Reverse Engineer-able for schematics to produce Custom shells of those items. Currently this does not work. However, there is a work-around related to the previous bug, as stated in the following Dev quote:
    This is a bug that we're investigating. As theorized above, you can work around this by inserting low level mods. You only need the armoring. The results of RE will be unaffected - I was able to learn the recipe from the specific item mentioned here with nothing but a level 10 green armoring in the shell.

Edited by Slaign

Slaign:

Putting Hilt into a saber does not help for reverse engineering...

And i did hear it is the same with other weapons and all old orange armors.

The first bug refers to this:

The second refers to Campaign gear, which is the new Ops gear. The word "Campaign" in the bug description is a link to the Ask Mr. Robot database showing relevant items.

The first is a bug which allows Custom items which should not be RE-able to be RE'd. There is no reason to do this, and it's not reproducible for all items.

The second addresses the issue that Campaign gear, which SHOULD be RE-able, is not. However, putting the primary mod into the armor allows one to RE the item and properly learn the schematic.

Unless you are talking about a Campaign lightsaber, there is no reason for you to put a hilt into it and try to RE it. All you would get is the materials from the hilt, even if it worked. In that case, it's the same as just RE-ing the hilt and destroying the lightsaber shell.

Adding another item to the bug list as follows:

• In the course of attempting to create critical Custom gear, crafters accumulate scores of non-critical Custom shells, which are harder to move when everyone wants the augmented versions. These items cannot be reverse engineered, because Custom shells were never meant to be reverse engineered and 1.2 did not change this. However, the developers are aware of this, and working to address the issue, as shown in this dev quote:
    There's a limitation that prevents reverse engineering these items currently. We are working on addressing the issue.

Edited by Slaign

As for pvp orange gear, they can be RE-ed right now by putting a mod into them (even an armoring might mod 2 or resolve mod 2 from an alt).

These give rank 6 material despite the mod. Where as purple war hero gear if emptied into orange, cannot be RE-ed unless you put a mod in them but the material given is dependent of the mod (so rank 1 if you put the might armoring mod 2)

I would really like to know how RE'ing works for the Tionesse, Columi, and Rakata level modifications (armor, mods, and enhancements). Is it possible to RE these pieces out of the gear to learn the schematic to make them? If not, how does one learn the schematic TO make them? Has anyone had any luck with finding out this information?

I would really like to know how RE'ing works for the Tionesse, Columi, and Rakata level modifications (armor, mods, and enhancements). Is it possible to RE these pieces out of the gear to learn the schematic to make them? If not, how does one learn the schematic TO make them? Has anyone had any luck with finding out this information?

I was able to learn some Rakatta schems when i got to lvl 400 synthweave for heavy, light, and med armour.

for heavy it gave me 2 schems, bracers and gloves, for light it gave me 6 schems (2 each for bracers, gloves, and boots) and for med it gave me 3 schems (1 boot, 1 glove and 1 bracers) they require grade 6 and grade 7 mats to craft though and i haven't been able to get a hold of any grade 7 mats yet to see if those can be RE'd again. I would assume that you could get a crit for those to give you an augment slot though

Can we learn the recipe to craft the new campaign relics through RE?

And if so,can we crit craft them? Ok,the second question doesn't really belong in this thread but i noticed that many fellow artificers cannot crit craft rakata relics after 1.2 hence the question.