You Have *3* Wishes for SWTOR.....

Frostbird

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Less "not-fun" timesinks, like having run through multiple load screens to change planets.

2. More "fun" timesinks like decorating your ship and mini-games like sabacs

3. A "Team Papercuts" to fix/change all those little things that combined change a game from, 'playable' to 'enjoyable'.

Edited by OkuKeelus

3 things huh

1) a 70% reduction in XP across the board! (not a perfect fix but I know forum users to lazy to read a fully developed Idea so fast and sloppy wins the day)

2) A increase in mob toughness so still soloable but each fight is exactly that, A FIGHT, not a forgone conclussion.

3) my cantina socialization idea on the suggestions board.

Others

- EQ2 housing

- more races

- more classes

- more interaction in companion storylines (not just you and them talking on the ship or rest areas)

- NO Lord, Master, Darth titles utill you reach max level and then partake in a minimum 50 hour HARD quest line for the title (so it has meaning and not just tossed about...meaninglessly)

- RP Servers with enforced naming rules

- DAoC RVR complete with relics and outposts

- removal of all random spawning chests in game

- mobs see through stelth 100% of time if mob 5+ levels over player stealthed

- fully operational subscription only forums (that means ALL FORUMS are subscription only except general which I would ask be over moderated severly)

-ignore person feature removes person from your game. You do see them, hear them, nothing.

- ignore feature automatically applies to all your characters so I dont have to ignore the same person on all my characters.

list goes on and on and on but thats a great start :)

I'm with this guy. I'll also add my three.

1. flashpoints and operations should be located on the planets.

2. Non-linear dungeons that are huge and not instanced.

3. A very long quest that you can do in order to switch factions. Something epic like, you have to defeat one of your own lvl 50 characters controlled by the AI and at least 4 man boss quality and then perm. delete them in order for the faction switch to be finalized.

1. Space Battle PVP warzones.

2. Ability to make Custom Lightsaber (Color, and Hilt Style)

3. Jedi and Sith Class Warriors can wear any Armor and Wield any Weapon as long as they train it (like Crew Skills: Can change Preferences and Be what you want)

1 - Modern MMO features (customizable UI, useful grouping tools - cross server or not, I don't care, dual specs - hell triple specs, etc.)

2 - Less servers/more people per server. My "standard" server feels dead.

3 - Bioware to hire a new PvP team and come up with something that's not absolute crap in it's design.

1) Add-ons

2) ADD

3) ONS

If you're going to copy WoW, at least copy their best and most innovative feature. It's hard to beat a system that sources ideas from tens of thousands of customers who use your product on a daily basis. Just look at the mobile app industry and how it supports the platforms on which they run.

I'm with this guy. I'll also add my three.

1. flashpoints and operations should be located on the planets.

2. Non-linear dungeons that are huge and not instanced.

3. A very long quest that you can do in order to switch factions. Something epic like, you have to defeat one of your own lvl 50 characters controlled by the AI and at least 4 man boss quality and then perm. delete them in order for the faction switch to be finalized.

Blah. Kalfear's wishes would literally turn this into a mob-grinding compulsory grouping Korean MMO.

Yours:

1- Why? This adds even *more* overhead to the already clunky grouping system.

2 - ...Not instanced. You mean FF style "raiding = waiting for 4 hours alongside 200 extra people to try and tag boss first?". No thanks.

3 - This is interesting.

This is a great question. I have a lot more than 3 wishes for this game, but if I had to cut it down to 3...

1) LFG Tool, preferably Cross Server. Now I know there's all the purists out there who lose their cool anytime you mention cross server anything, but you people need to remember that these aren't WoW servers. These servers are freakishly empty. There's like 120 people on the Fleet at a time, all the planets are empty, etc. Not to take into account faction imbalance.

The Tool would need to be Cross Server to be useful.

2) Dual Spec. I don't get why some people feel the need to impose how they want to play on others. Some people don't want Dual Spec, are happy without Dual Spec etc. And that's fine. I'm not going to tell you that you should or shouldn't use Dual Spec. So why do you feel the need to tell me how to play?

If you are happy only fulfilling one role, then fine. But some of us like to play multiple aspects of the game, at max efficiency. For example, I am a Tank. And I actually prefer Tanking in PvP in this game as well. But my PvE Tank Spec and my PvP Tank Spec just aren't the same. What does anyone care if when I go into a WZ I switch like 4-5 talent points into PvP talents? Really?

3) Cross Server Ilum. Right now Ilum is sometimes empty, sometimes filled with Pubs, sometimes filled with Empire. There's no consistency to the zone. I just really wish that they would make it instanced and Cross Server, so that the zone would always be full and with equal players on both sides.

Say across all servers, the first 80 people to enter Ilum enter one instance, and once that's full, you start filling up a new Ilum. It would massively help the zone.

edit: Oops! Forgot maybe the most important thing.

4) Addons. Need meters, bar mods, threat, bag mods, UI mods, def need a map mod, could use something like Gatherer

Edited by Shanerion

I really hope this thread stay alive and that Bioware reads this thread... this is what the people want Bioware. Personally, I really want to like this game. And I do like this game. And leveling from 1-50 was a pleasure. But the game has not been a pleasure since 50.

To the point that I resubbed to WoW just to see if it was better (haven't played it in a long time). It wasn't. It was pretty bad. But the fact still remains that I was trying to find something else to play besides this game.

The game is fine, but it's missing so many standard features. It's like selling a car with windows that don't go down, or no air conditioning or something. You just wouldn't do it. Why is there no Addon support? Why are there no Dual Specs? Why is there no LFG tool? Why is the PvP gear random? It should really be a currency system and you choose what you buy. In it's current incarnation it's very frustrating. Why is Ilum so haphazard and half done?

I want to like your game, but it costs 15 bucks a month. And it's not like we are getting a discount while you make the game right. Even though you rushed out the game for Xmas missing loads of basic features, we are still paying the 15 bucks a month.

Fix your game quick if you want to hold onto your subs.

Top 3~!

1. Remove PvP

2. More in-depth character customization

3. Enforce naming rules on dedicated RP servers

Alternately,

1. Make people work for the titles of Master/Darth

2. Put some sort of safeguard in place so people can't price gouge the GTM

3. Give female toons more flirt/teasing options, on par with the Male Smugglers.

My Smuggler is a space ho, dammit! Let me act like one!! ;)

1.) Either removal of PVP, or at least removal of the complaints related to it. I understand the game is 'Star Wars' and there is a war, but Warzones work well. Stick with them. Remove World PVP and PVP-flagging areas. Being Grief on an RP server isn't fun. I chose not to be on a PVP server for a reason.

2.) Name Enforcing Rules -AND- Meaningful titles. If your name is 'JimmyJoBobly', I don't want to see 'Master' or 'Darth' in front of it. Those titles should be earned, and names should at least somewhat fit into the scheme of Star Wars. And if your name is a variant of 'Revan' or 'Malak'....go far away, please.

3.) Learn from previous MMO mistakes.

I'd like to explain the 3rd one. In detail. This thread has been filled with people 'Take X from WoW' 'Forget everything from WoW'. Learn from WoW (Also Rift, GW, Korean MMOs, EQ, SWG, LOTRO.) Catering to the whimsy of the PVP crowd is a mistake. Catering to the whims of a gear-hunting 'New Shiny to show off' crowd is also a mistake. Make end-game more involved for the story (Hey, they're making new acts. Sweet.) Make the game play more social. I honestly think an LFG/LFR (Yes, it'd be LFF/LFO in TOR) would be tantamount to destroying social interaction in the game. Yes, some people would get to run the content, but the level of 'trolls' doing it would be over 9000, and we'd have even more forum complaints. There were some good things to come out of these games, and some brilliant ideas. Just make sure you take the good ideas and leave the bad out.

Oh wait. I'd like to add one last wish.

4.) For a time machine. So I could go back to a time where gamers, especially online, were patient. Understood the development process and -not- to blame publishers for bugs that development was fixing. But, since that's impossible, I'd settle for players as a whole to remember that developers aren't machines, have deadlines, and fixing a bug isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Show some patience, and stop screaming about little things.

1.) Either removal of PVP, or at least removal of the complaints related to it. I understand the game is 'Star Wars' and there is a war, but Warzones work well. Stick with them. Remove World PVP and PVP-flagging areas. Being Grief on an RP server isn't fun. I chose not to be on a PVP server for a reason.

2.) Name Enforcing Rules -AND- Meaningful titles. If your name is 'JimmyJoBobly', I don't want to see 'Master' or 'Darth' in front of it. Those titles should be earned, and names should at least somewhat fit into the scheme of Star Wars. And if your name is a variant of 'Revan' or 'Malak'....go far away, please.

3.) Learn from previous MMO mistakes.

I'd like to explain the 3rd one. In detail. This thread has been filled with people 'Take X from WoW' 'Forget everything from WoW'. Learn from WoW (Also Rift, GW, Korean MMOs, EQ, SWG, LOTRO.) Catering to the whimsy of the PVP crowd is a mistake. Catering to the whims of a gear-hunting 'New Shiny to show off' crowd is also a mistake. Make end-game more involved for the story (Hey, they're making new acts. Sweet.) Make the game play more social. I honestly think an LFG/LFR (Yes, it'd be LFF/LFO in TOR) would be tantamount to destroying social interaction in the game. Yes, some people would get to run the content, but the level of 'trolls' doing it would be over 9000, and we'd have even more forum complaints. There were some good things to come out of these games, and some brilliant ideas. Just make sure you take the good ideas and leave the bad out.

Oh wait. I'd like to add one last wish.

4.) For a time machine. So I could go back to a time where gamers, especially online, were patient. Understood the development process and -not- to blame publishers for bugs that development was fixing. But, since that's impossible, I'd settle for players as a whole to remember that developers aren't machines, have deadlines, and fixing a bug isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Show some patience, and stop screaming about little things.

All this and more.

Snarky reply:

1) Give me the ability to smack the "Make it more like SWG" people iRL.

2) Give me the ability to smack the "Make it more like WoW" people iRL.

3) Convince my boss that it's beneficial for our bottom line for me to play TOR at work instead of having to do my real job.

Honest reply:

1) Vetted UI add-ons that allow customization of gameplay/system would be nice, without the spam of open UI add-ons causing massive imbalance in the game.

2) Something that allows more consistent review of price fluctuations on the galactic market (could be part of #1)

3) Just promise me you won't fall into the trap of cow-towing to the "Make it more like X" QQing that seems to be pervasive in the entitled unwashed masses. Make me a unique game that isn't like anyone else's that doesn't feel like a grind or a carbon copy. You've already done that. Please keep it up.

Thanks!

Edit: Correcting a bit of mis-speak. :)

Edited by JDThyme

1.) Point out the notes Bioware lied about in the recent patch. Anecdotal evidence detailing one particular bad experience you had does not count.

2.) What mechanics and skills have been altered enough to warrant a noticeable difference that were not documented? Tooltip changes don't count, they'd just waste space in the patch notes.

3.) A non issue for most people. There are some known issues with certain video cards and drivers but this is being worked on. This is well documented.

Why are you questioning his wishes? But for #1, Bioware remove the notes that had incorrect info in them. It brought up in another thread. #2, well, since the last patch, suddenly my skills stop working randomly. As for #3, he didn't mention say anything about "graphics". But then again...it HIS wishes and he doesn't have to justify them to you.

My 3 wishes.

1. Complete explorable worlds. Not so heavy on mobs or treasure, but out there if you can stumble across them.

2. Random loot/treasure/resource spawns...not reappearing in the same spot all the time.

3. Customizeable skill progression - let me pick which skills I want to use as I progress.