Nerf tracer missle now

Migrayn

Not everything revolves around huttball. Yeah you can make the argument they are sucky ball carriers, but not much else.

Thats not the argument he made.

Spamming tracer missile in anything else than huttball makes you a squishy sitting duck, since 'spamming' it will leave you standing still for at least 10-15 seconds and anyone with half a brain will come kick your behind, especially since they can safely assume your heat level will be at such a point there is little defense/offense he/she will have left.

Now youre just whining.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not the argument he made.

Spamming tracer missile in anything else than huttball makes you a squishy sitting duck, since 'spamming' it will leave you standing still for at least 10-15 seconds and anyone with half a brain will come kick your behind, especially since they can safely assume your heat level will be at such a point there is little defense/offense he/she will have left.

Now youre just whining.

Squishy? Ok, right there you lost credibility.

And they're certainly not getting their behind kicked unless they're getting ganged up on.

Not even to mention defensive cooldowns

Also that's pretty much exactly the argument he made. "oh, they're shooting a lot of people in huttball but their team is losing. *eyeroll* That's not even an argument really beyond they are not much good at helping out with ball carrying. If someone runs from them, they're going to escape, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

Not everything revolves around huttball. Yeah you can make the argument they are sucky ball carriers, but not much else.

Seriously, not everyone only looks at a couple things and knee jerks when it comes to things like this. For a long time I thought it was sort of ok until it started building up to be more and more common and people started figuring out the tricks.

You can win 600-0 in huttball?

You can win 600-0 in huttball?

That part I'm not even believing as being common so I chose to ignore it. To put it bluntly, either you're lying or you're watching some messed up videos. It takes being farmed for the 600-0s to happen. No one on the losing team is going to be doing jack that's notable, not even deal significant damage and certainly not getting all that many kills.

Edited by Kuari

I still want to know what you think mercs should be doing when our other attacks are on cooldown.

When my attacks are on CD I use my rifle shot, its crits for 500,500 and not very often, most of the time it misses, or gets deflected. It also doesn't put a stacking armor pen debuff on the target or affect any of my harder hitting abilities, CD or DMGpct. Maybe if they nerf TM/GR to be in line with everyone's free attack this would be a viable point... :eek:

people tend to freak out when they see numbers larger than 1.5 pop up on their screen (even with a crit) add a stacking debuff to that, and you have an instant QQ fest. tracer/grav round are fine, crits happen, and the debuff isn't game breaking. again, if all a merc does is spam TM, it's a bad merc who will get beaten by a good player. For the record, I'm a 50 juggernaut.

people tend to freak out when they see numbers larger than 1.5 pop up on their screen (even with a crit) add a stacking debuff to that, and you have an instant QQ fest. tracer/grav round are fine, crits happen, and the debuff isn't game breaking. again, if all a merc does is spam TM, it's a bad merc who will get beaten by a good player. For the record, I'm a 50 juggernaut.

You do realize you can get crit rate up pretty high to where those crits are VERY common, right? Why do people never take this into account? Though in this case, I suppose that 15% crit on a 2 piece is a big source of that issue. Seriously, no other 2 piece bonus is that good. Not even the orbital strike extra tick matches up.

Edited by Kuari

When my attacks are on CD I use my rifle shot, its crits for 500,500 and not very often, most of the time it misses, or gets deflected. It also doesn't put a stacking armor pen debuff on the target or affect any of my harder hitting abilities, CD or DMGpct. Maybe if they nerf TM/GR to be in line with everyone's free attack this would be a viable point... :eek:

when you say everyone's free attack, you mean the attack everyone can use while moving? Because TM/GR can't be used while on the move.

TM a Free attack what????? TM is one of a mercs special attack why would u nerf it to be in line with everyones free attack? so u can feel good when u kill them knowing they only have a standard attack to use against u lawl L2P.

Wheres the balance. Op's and scoundrels were killing too fast doing half HP in 5-6s. well Tracer missle spam can take 3/4 of my HP is 3 hits. 3.2k 3.4k 2.9 . That is killing much faster then intended per bioware.

Balance this crap out.

When your hit the first time, why did you let them hit you two more times? Move? Interupt? Stun?

If you get three times you deserve it.

and your pvp set bonus boosts the crit chance by 15%...... and tracer missile / grav shot decreases armor.. YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!! and 10% passive damage reduction.. >.>

Class chopping block.

1)scoundrel / operative

2)bh / trooper

enjoy.

When your hit the first time, why did you let them hit you two more times? Move? Interupt? Stun?

qft

and the hits should go

2.9 3.3 3.7 fyi...

though people may be too clueless to check that TM is putting a debuff on them ;)

and your pvp set bonus boosts the crit chance by 15%...... and tracer missile / grav shot decreases armor.. YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!! and 10% passive damage reduction.. >.>

Class chopping block.

1)scoundrel / operative

2)bh / trooper

enjoy.

Our PVE setbonus is 15% crit.

Class chopping block.

1)scoundrel / operative

2)bh / trooper

enjoy.

umm no, the PVE set increases TM crit chance, which would cost 2 pieces worth of expertice, therefore dulling that massive crit chance down to reasonable for pvp.

thank you please drive through

lol your suggestion will make us merc/commando completely OP.

Shhhh, they wont get anymore Tracer spam and then they would get a taste of what OP really is, then they would be crying to take us back to what we were. It would also make some of the TM spamming nubs giving us a bad name reroll because then we would require some thought.

You mention they should do those things, yet only 1 class has a 30m range interrupt. What exactly am I too do as a Lethality Op? or an Assassin? Just interrupting is easier said than done when the ability in question has a 30m range. If you're using Tracer on someone inside 10m, it says more about you as a player than the person you're using it on...

lets see force leep/charge is a 30m interrupt, force pull/harpoon is a 30m interrupt. don't know what you're about.

Three times would be about par for the course for one that got the jump on you to be frank, unless you're a robot. By the time that first one hits, they're already casting another. The second will then hit. The third? Well, if you're melee I suppose it depends if your charge is on cooldown or not. Range will be able to interrupt it, but that's 4 stacks already on then to follow up with heatseeker, rail shot, unload if they happen to be the smart ones. That without a doubt is crippling. Unless everyone else turns their attention on them immediately after, they'll be able to do that again to another person soon after. No other ranged class can manage that to such an extent, especially when you add tanks into the equation.

That and GR/TM alone can do almost as much DPS as a Sniper/Gunslinger in cover, but I'm sure that your mobility is worse than... oh wait...

Yea those poor Sniper/Gunslingers that have to be still to cast their most damaging attacks, to put out as much DPS as TM/Grav round which....you...have...to be...standing...still for as well....wait wut?:rolleyes:

Yea those poor Sniper/Gunslingers that have to be still to cast their most damaging attacks, to put out as much DPS as TM/Grav round which....you...have...to be...standing...still for as well....wait wut?:rolleyes:

But tracer missiles sound much more appealing to cry about than an Ambush! ;)

You mention they should do those things, yet only 1 class has a 30m range interrupt. What exactly am I too do as a Lethality Op? or an Assassin? Just interrupting is easier said than done when the ability in question has a 30m range. If you're using Tracer on someone inside 10m, it says more about you as a player than the person you're using it on...

There are also gap closers, stuns, cc's, slip away, force speed and getting the flop outa the way. But your right no one but that class with the interupt at range can do anything about it.

if merc gets any kind of nerf apart from a tracer missle dmg reduction im out.

increasing the CD is extremely retarded, our entire rotation will be destroyed

(if you think tracer missle is the only part of our rotation learn the class before you post.)

If they did as much DPS you'd have a point. They don't however. Part of it is the armor penetration mercs get, not to mention they use multiple attacks to achieve it. Grav/Tracer? Almost the same and they have more powerful backup abilities that get boosted that they can use if they happen to be interrupted.

But tracer missiles sound much more appealing to cry about than an Ambush! ;)

We can spam ambush?

Edited by Kuari

dont listen to any of these forums trolls they just want to keep there silly 1 button easy wins ability so they dont have to put any effort into gettin kills.

mercinary and commando's are clearly overpowerd and need to be looked at.

then we will see who has skills and who doesnt when the broken overpowerd are fixed :)

dumbest poster on this website

with IQ of a duck

you nerf one class it start a avalanche your class will slowly but surely be nerfed.

your move carebear.

if merc gets any kind of nerf apart from a tracer missle dmg reduction im out.

increasing the CD is extremely retarded, our entire rotation will be destroyed

(if you think tracer missle is the only part of our rotation learn the class before you post.)

That's the problem, a mechanic like this is retarded because the actual ability to apply buffs/debuffs/proper rotation is damn near impossible to balance.

If it hits to hard, it's going to be abused as an end-all, be all attack, not to mention before building up you're actual other abilities, it hits pretty dang hard.

If it hits to weak, you're dependent on your "finishers" or reactive abilities to pop and attack, and you'll be at a distinct disadvantage if a player is paying attention.

If its too quick a cast time, players will just spam it.

If it's too long a cast time, players won't have time to build up before being killed.

Using one ability as a pre-req to an entire rotation is a dumb mechanic in PvP (ask Sabs in Rift).