We should try to get ONE working lore/db site

Angedechu

As in, you know, WoWwiki and WoWpedia. (which are basically the same thing, btw)

WoWpedia (the largest DB/lore) site have 98 000 articles, and most TOR sites have around 3000 articles at best. There are also way too many of them (Hint : maybe Bioware could point out one ''endorsed'' site ?

-SWTOR Wikia

-TORpedia

-WikiStor

and so forth...

I really think that most editions efforts should go to Wookiepedia, this said. (I'm currently trying to write a coherent, wiki style, storyline of the Consular class for Wookie)

On more mundane mattters, TORHEAD is slowly emerging as the consensus DB site, but people need to poste there..

Edited by Angedechu

I have been putting comments on TORhead, but the problem is that the layout of the DB is so obfuscated right now, because all of the items that were in "beta" are mixed into the current DB. So some of the items that were shown as available, don't have "locations" and we have no way to tell them where you get them other than in comments.

Unfortunately, the only way to solve this issue, is to have some sort of addon in the game to track it, or have a user-submitted option. The later usually makes for incorrect and horribly screwed up databases with items like:

Lighstaber of Destructive Pwnage

Things like that... but, other db's they have for say Rift, before they opened their item DB up, was user-submission and the dev's added it. It worked ok, but when the game developers opened it up, it was 100% better. I hope Bioware does the same.

Much like with Rift, it's a royal pain to find useful info for TOR. With either, you have to be an internet detective to find even the simplest stuff sometimes.

I'm not sure why that is... For other games, not just WoW, there were volumes of useful info available online.

I don't think it's just user contributions (like comments on TORHead vs WoWHead). The raw data for wowhead is better than it is for torhead. Dunno if it has to do with how they can mine the data or what, but there's a noticeable lack of connection between data in torhead.

Torhead will be the best place to go when BW opens up the game to addons or at least gives a readable log for an addon to use

The reason Wowhead is so usefull is that it mines data through an addon ingame. Tor does not have this yet. Hopefuly soon though.

Has more articles on the gear and game mechanics, but less on the lore side than the Wikia one...

Are you wondering why do people always insist on having to make their own wikis, resulting in multiple ones and just making it harder for PLAYERS to find info?

I'll tell you why. Money. Ads and money.