[Please Nerf] Commandos are getting out of hand...

jtype_sw

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to disgruntle the casual half of the population i am only stating what i have seen in the past, mmorpgs which at launch where some of the most fun games ive ever played.

Then the unthinkable happens they become main stream, people who usually dont play games have no idea how to play games in general start asking for nerfs and the game becomes terrible.

As a casual, myself, I totally agree. The earlier days of various MMORPGs, that have now become mindless exercises of repitition, were extremely difficult and fun. The Nerfbat and the general need for "everyone to experience everything" slowly decayed the genuine allure of said games.

At the moment, they do way too much single and multitarget damage not to mention they are the most resilient ranged class in the game.

It's ridiculous how much they can hit for while easily tanking 3-4 player's damage, and also have self heals in case they do drop below 50% (rarely)

Bioware, you promised a balanced game - The world is watching you to see if you can fulfill these claims.

Respectfully,

J

You only just played and now you are waving your nerf stick around !

Learn to play before you complain about other people wooping your sorry ***, and then blaming it on the class !!

At the moment, they do way too much single and multitarget damage not to mention they are the most resilient ranged class in the game.

It's ridiculous how much they can hit for while easily tanking 3-4 player's damage, and also have self heals in case they do drop below 50% (rarely)

Bioware, you promised a balanced game - The world is watching you to see if you can fulfill these claims.

Respectfully,

J

So you reached Lvl 50, played against a Lvl 50 Commando and you are complaining now that the Commando is to strong ?

But maybe you are not even close to maxlevel and complaining?

I think the second is right, you are not even close to maxlevel but a Commando owned you so hard that your big ego is hurt so much that the only help for you will be nerfing the commando in the ground.

Second crybaby today! The game is not released official and there are 2 nerf threads what a joke !

So you reached Lvl 50, played against a Lvl 50 Commando and you are complaining now that the Commando is to strong ?

But maybe you are not even close to maxlevel and complaining?

I think the second is right, you are not even close to maxlevel but a Commando owned you so hard that your big ego is hurt so much that the only help for you will be nerfing the commando in the ground.

Second crybaby today! The game is not released official and there are 2 nerf threads what a joke !

I think the OP was one of those that originally QQ'd in regards to the differences in the social aspects of the game instead of pursuing actual combat proficiency.

I've already had a run in on my server with a couple of people that have told me that I'm overpowered (BH) because I can solo certain Elite Bosses. No! I am not overpowered. I have simply played the game to a good level of progression instead of standing around talking in GenChat while not paying attention to gearing my character to compliment my play style and core attributes.

Stop dilly dallying and start concentrating on actually playing the game!

Hello,

We have removed some rude and off topic commentary from this thread. We ask that members please keep posts on topic, polite, and constructive to the discussion.

Thanks!

Thank you Seijia.

As I was saying, Commandos are ridiculous right now. Their burst and sustained damage are on par with Assassins while having the ability to heal themselves wearing plate armor.

It's really a pain to go against one as the odds are heavily stacked against you. (Unless you aren't another commando)

- J

Edited by jtype_sw

Thank you Seijia.

As I was saying, Commandos are ridiculous right now. Their burst and sustained damage are on par with Assassins while having the ability to heal themselves wearing plate armor.

It's really a pain to go against one as the odds are heavily stacked against you. (Unless you aren't another commando)

- J

Omg please stop doing this! You are ridiculous with this topic :) That game haven´t even started officialy and something like this we will see in 3-4 weeks :p

I´ve got a headache from you maan

Now now, lets be fair. There will come a day when a nerf class post is not only relevant, but game saving.

But today is not that day. If Commando's got you down, train, level, practice against them, develop strategies that work and post about those strategies on these boards so that others may benefit and add to the wisdom you have collected. Or just wait for someone else to do that.

And then, when the best and brightest minds that are playing TOR having compiled hours of gameplay experience and experimentation, we will know if Commandos have gotten out of hand.

Edited by MeanMartian

First question

Are you trolling?

Second question, I am noticing a complaint that would be like towards a paladin. Dps is on par (how do you know for certain) with assassin.....while being able to heal themselves....I didn't know plate armor was an armor type in this game..are you sure you are not trolling?

Respectfully,

J

Obviously you probably haven't leveled much past 10 and are crying nerf. I had no problem in beta killing them they are not OP. PVP with them at 50 and you will see. This thread is just plain laughable.

My guess is IF his toon was the overpowered one he wouldnt post NERF he has played his toon how many days? im sure he isnt aware of how to be good at it and may even stink at his class :)

My guess is that his toon likely IS overpowered but because he doesn't know how to play it, he's posting here anyway.

OP, you can't be serious...I mean, the early access has only been going on for what, 3 days now? Which means you are upset about low level commandos. Are you playing a commando? Did you get pwnd by one? You can't just leave an open ended statement like that without backing it up with any evidence.

Thank you Seijia.

- J

:confused:

I found commandos to be rather underpowered at low levels, if anything.

Stop bringing your casual logic too me, the only words i took out of that was "bla bla". Casuals ruin mmos, not only that but they VASTLY overestimate their numbers.

This person is clearly NOT hardcore, since he can't even spell the English language properly.

You can not be an elitist without proper linguistic skills.

And so it begins...

Bioware mods, could we have an anti "nerf class" post policy on these forums?

Thank you!

I agree on that - we havent even seen through a month of the game and we get post like this already? I'm sure every class is going to seem unbalanced to their counterpart, folks relax we are 2-3 days in and you complain?

This is sadly a bad way to start off...

I'm getting my *** handed to me in warzones if I try to take on multiple people at the same time.

Of course those people are smartly using interrupts and locking me down so I can't cast (or do much at all).

That might be the OP's problem. If you run in spamming the default attack, a commando will wipe the floor with you.