3-4 hours daily and still not max level nor have i done FP/OP

chrisftw

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IT's because they skip conversations, and play 24/7. Don't be surprised. People love this game. :D

I don't play 24/7 or skip convos. I do play a lot and I have one level 50 as of two days ago. He is still doing quests, crafting and exploring. He is also one of 7 characters I have been playing off and on. And yes, I love this game. :D

IT's because they skip conversations, and play 24/7. Don't be surprised. People love this game. :D

You can play 2-3 hours a day and slightly longer on the weekends without skipping a thing and still be level 50 by now.

Edited by Keii

And some people just don't like taking long romantic strolls down the beaches of Tatooine with their companion, watching the suns set, perhaps having a nice dinner at the Cantina.

Some of us are eager to see what ghost we're going to eat next, or what the next terrorist group we're going to infiltrate is. It's the "just one more level" phenomenon. (do dooo de do do) It drives us to advance.

There's nothing wrong with that. At least you're enjoying the content on the way to level 50, as opposed tor seeing it as an obstacle. There's no wrong way to play the game, but people who rush past all the content and then complain that they're bored are absurd.

Edited by daemian

i'm sure you're waiting for the game that will allow water to turn into wine and cure cancer

GW2 right?

the hype machine around that game dwarfs TOR even at the height of TOR's hype. and is in store for so much fail it'll be pretty epic actually.

Yes, I am waiting for GW2 and D3 to come out, but not with the expectation that they will be anything more than what they are. I'm not a little fanboi looking for one game to be my salvation. I'm just not having much fun playing SWTOR, but the same could be said for Rift, Aion, SWG, and yes, WoW. The last game I really had fun playing was Shadowbane, but even that got old after a couple of years.

I wanted to like SWTOR, still want to and sometimes I do, for short periods of time. Even though a person would have to be a blind, sycophantic fool to praise SWTOR as being the greatest game EVAR, I think I'm just getting burned out on MMOs as a whole, and have less tolerance for ****** ones than I used to.

There's nothing wrong with that. At least you're enjoying the content on the way to level 50, as opposed tor seeing it as an obstacle.

I agree completely, and it's okay to do the former as well. But to come to the forums and passively criticize the latter because you're the former is what I'm upset about.

And yes, there are people who blast the spacebar to get to 50 as fast as possible, but it's not the sweeping majority, and they have every right to do that.

Edited by Keii

Please, I played maybe 4 hours a day on weekdays, and 8 hours a day on the weekend when the game came out, and I was 50 over a week and change. I did every quest I could (if I couldn't find a group for a GROUP 4 before I left the planet those might get left in the dust). I didn't space bar dialogue. I did every Flashpoint at a level appropriate time at least once (this actually SLOWED me down, due to having to spam Fleet chat for groups, over and over and over). I maxed out my Crew Skills before hitting 50.

The only exception to any of the above, is that I skipped a lot of Balmorra I think. That was just because I had significantly outleveled Balmorra by the time I even reached it, so I just did the Planet Chain, and my Class Chain before leaving.

Anyone who has been playing 3-4 hours a day since the game was released and still isn't 50 is just neglecting to mention that they spend 2 of those hours just standing around on the Fleet while alt-tab'd doing something else.

Edited by Fizil

I have been playing since day one of early access and my main is level 41 and alt level 22. Last night was the first night I did not log into the game, made myself take a break and do some reading, and I have also put in the 3 to 4 hours a night.

I have also not done any pvp yet and minimal space missions. I think that is where a lot of people are getting the experience jumps, from what it sounds like you get more exp/hr in pvp vs. questing. Having said that I still find myself 2-4 levels ahead of the planet level range. I personally would like them to bring down the exp gains a little to the point if you do nothing but quest you will be at the correct level range but if you pvp and space combat a lot you can get 2 or 3 levels ahead.

I don't appreciate getting lumped up in the "blast spacebar to 50" group from some guy who chose to play the game a little slower any more than I'm sure he would appriciate getting lumped into the "smelling every flower, humping every corner" category.

Moral of the thread is that people play differently from you. Passive-aggressively criticizing them for their playstyle because it's not your own is stupid.

OK, I'll bite. If the game doesn't start until level 50, what are the other 49 levels comprised of?

If you dont know what it means to say the game doesnt start till 50, dont comment on it please you just make yourself look, well ridiculous.

If you dont know what it means to say the game doesnt start till 50, dont comment on it please you just make yourself look, well ridiculous.

That is a nonanswer. I know what it means. I just don't share that viewpoint.

Edited by daemian

You can play 2-3 hours a day and slightly longer on the weekends without skipping a thing and still be level 50 by now.

Yes. I'm talking about something else. I just did on the 25th. I didnt skip any convos and was a blast. People got to lvl 50 on about the 5th day of early access (sounds wrong I know) but I am 100% sure they spacebarred everything. No other way to get to 50 that quick. That's my point.

Edited by reaperkeepet

PVP at 50 is the same as PVP 10-49, it just has a cascading gear effect and a few more abilities.

Flashpoints at 50 are the same as Flashpoints 10-49.

In fact the only new things at 50 are Operations and the gear collection, and gear collection is only an alternative form of advancement from leveling.

PVP at 50 is the same as PVP 10-49, it just has a cascading gear effect and a few more abilities.

Flashpoints at 50 are the same as Flashpoints 10-49.

In fact the only new things at 50 are Operations and the gear collection, and gear collection is only an alternative form of advancement from leveling.

No, everyone has the same amount of abilities, and relatively similar gear. It is much more balanced then 10-49.

No, everyone has the same amount of abilities, and relatively similar gear. It is much more balanced then 10-49.

I think it's even less balanced at 50 than it was 10-49.

10-49 everyone is scaled up to 49. I can kill a level 49 just as easily as a 49 can kill me. They just have a few more tools to do it with.

At level 50 you're severely inhibited by gear. A level 50 with a week's worth of PVP gear is going to steamroll a 50 who just dinged.

i'm still floating around level 40 and i put in some time on this game. unless you put in 24 straight hours on some days how is this possible?

My highest character is 39 (just about to hit 40) but I also have 7/8 of my server slots filled with characters ranging from level 28 down to the early teens. I've been here since Dec 13th (I've only missed 1 day of playtime due to illness) & I'm nowhere near 50.

I assume you're not playing any alts but I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts because once I hit level cap, I retire that character & continue the journey with a lowbie.

Nothing wrong with taking your time & ignoring what other people are doing.

Edited by Spawn_of_Santa

I think it's even less balanced at 50 than it was 10-49.

10-49 everyone is scaled up to 49. I can kill a level 49 just as easily as a 49 can kill me. They just have a few more tools to do it with.

At level 50 you're severely inhibited by gear. A level 50 with a week's worth of PVP gear is going to steamroll a 50 who just dinged.

Actually incorrect. The gear you have matters. My warrior at level 10 scaled up to 49 has 11k hps, my warrior at level 49 has many more hps.

Actually incorrect. The gear you have matters. My warrior at level 10 scaled up to 49 has 11k hps, my warrior at level 49 has many more hps.

Perhaps you are correct, but I have still found it to be far more balanced than 50 bracket.

Most people didn't even start complaining about PVP until the 50s started collecting gear which is what prompted the brackets in the first place.