Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

LFG solution. Works every time.

jonamir

Hey guys, been seeing a lot of hate towards the current LFG tool lately and I found a solution that has worked for me.

The /who list.

After spamming LFG in general, and flagging myself LFG, I found it so hard to get a full group quickly. So I hit up the /who list and filtered by level. I found by using this tool I can find a specific player, level and class that I need for my group.

I needed a tank, saw a juggernaut at the right level, and I whispered to him personally "hey wanna do a heroic, we need a tank" his response....."sure".

I did this many times for different heroics and flashpoints and within 2 minutes I always had a full group with a healer, tank, dps, and wild card. Players don't pay attention to general much, in fact I mute general because it clutters my chat window. Therefore. I think personally whispering players is the best way to go.

Go try this for yourself. 90% of the time it works 100% of the time B-)

i've used that trick but I've found what works really well is just putting up funny lfg messages such as.

FREE PUNCH AND PIE AT COLICOID WAR GAMES LF 2 MORE

While we can all agree that's awesome....I still believe a lot of players don't pay attention to general, or mute general. Also, with the who list you can find specific classes, and Lvls.

Are you people so ASOCIAL that you can't handle someone whispering you for an invite? It's hardly harassment to ask someone ONCE, to join a heroic where EVERYONE benefits.

Want to add me to your /ignore list? Great, thanks for doing me the favor.

Also I'd like to add not a single person was upset by my "cold invite". It's worked out for me over a dozen times.

I usually just hit no for invites with no whisper before hand. However, if someone whispers me asking and I'm in the mood, I'm sure to say yes.

I agree. And if you're not in the mood do you put that person on your ignore list? Because I sure as hell don't think that warrants an ignore, at least for me.

Made this same kind of thread a few days ago. It sparked an interesting debate about what's rude and what's not.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=241130

Glad I'm not the only one who uses this idea. I personally don't think it's rude at all to ask someone ONE TIME, if ey want to join. I guess hermits/trolls don't like it when you ask them a simple question. No need to even respond honestly, if you don't want to join then don't. How am I being rude?

That's like saying "oh man this guy asked me for the time the other day out of the blue. What a rude ******e. Ugh people sometimes!"

i use this method all the time and have been ignored by only 4 people that i know of. But i have friended like 200...

just sux when a person that ignored you is leading the open ops group and u cant join.

what one person did was awesome, he warned me that if i sent him another tell he would ignore me, so i didnt msg him.

even with the ignores, this is the best way to get groups for ops, world bosses, heroics.

I like how everyone makes posts about how easy to get group it is. I am on day 11 of trying to get a Hardmode group.

very super fun...

Well in the OP I'm talking about non hard mode grouping. Below lvl 50. HM is another beast. Not enough people are lvl 50 yet I think. I'm 43 ATM, so I'll feel your pain soon :(

/1 LF3BAMF to <do stuff>. Only the servers baddest need reply.

/1 Seriously? Not one BAMF plays on this server?

/1 Alright, I'm lowering my requirements. I will accept anything with a brain and a gun to do this heroic.

/1 No, I don't accept lightsabers, all it takes is one moron holding one to kill us all.

/1 fine, you can bring a lightsaber. But you stand no less than 5 yards away from the group at all times! >.<

/1 LFG <stuff>. I have a cute puppy and a brand new pair of steel toed boots.

/1 If I do not fill this group in 5 minutes, I WILL kick the puppy in the face.

/1 I'm putting on my boots right now, last chance.

/1 LFG <stuff>. Applicants must be highly motivated, professional, and willing to meet and murder new customers for fast growing business!

/1 Ituhata industries offers great pay, benefits, keys to executive bathroom island and 2 hour lunches.

/1 Come join our winning team today!

Stuff like that usually works, anything thats not just normal spam. I have more but ...work. :confused:

/1 LF3BAMF to <do stuff>. Only the servers baddest need reply.

/1 Seriously? Not one BAMF plays on this server?

/1 Alright, I'm lowering my requirements. I will accept anything with a brain and a gun to do this heroic.

/1 No, I don't accept lightsabers, all it takes is one moron holding one to kill us all.

/1 fine, you can bring a lightsaber. But you stand no less than 5 yards away from the group at all times! >.<

/1 LFG <stuff>. I have a cute puppy and a brand new pair of steel toed boots.

/1 If I do not fill this group in 5 minutes, I WILL kick the puppy in the face.

/1 I'm putting on my boots right now, last chance.

/1 LFG <stuff>. Applicants must be highly motivated, professional, and willing to meet and murder new customers for fast growing business!

/1 Ituhata industries offers great pay, benefits, keys to executive bathroom island and 2 hour lunches.

/1 Come join our winning team today!

Stuff like that usually works, anything thats not just normal spam. I have more but ...work. :confused:

I already have a full time job, i'd rather not work my tail off here as well...

Better solution, once people become informed about it - custom channels.

If everyone joins the same channel, then you can use one as a server-wide LFG channel. Let's say the channel will be named, ironically, LFG.

Step 1 - Type "/cjoin LFG" in the chat box and hit enter.

Step 2 - Right-click your chat tab, and hit Chat Settings.

Step 3 - Change the channel color at the bottom of the list to something other than the same bright yellow it uses for System and NPC messages.

Step 4 - TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT.

Step 5 - Find your group easily.

Step 6 - Smack people with a tack hammer if they don't use it for LFGing, and instead use it as server chat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.