Darth Jadus [SPOILERS]

CptJackHarkness

I haven't seen anyone else talk about this fight so I must suck. I'm on a healing spec, and I am fighting Darth Jadus on his ship. I stupidly chose to just outright fight him. I thought he was pretty hard, but I did finally defeat him. However, when you defeat him, he puts up a shield and says "I still live". After hitting a computer screen, Watcher Two says "Hit him now!"

Turns out he resets and you have to fight him all over again! Plus he's harder! Plus there's more computer screens so I potentially have to fight him like 3 or 4 times!!

I know I can respec into damage and maybe have a better shot (which I'm not sure of because I do have much better damage but I can't heal near as well and he can crush my companion in like 3 hits so I kind of need to heal).

Anyone else find this guy to be a pain or do I just suck?

Edited by Zilrota
edited language

Fight is horribly bugged, it's a known issue, and no fix was included in 1.1.1, so we need to wait some more. My suggestion is to take a friend with you. I died countless times until I gave up and brought a Bounty Hunter friend in with me, and we did it in one shot.

One common suggestion is to send your pet in to aggro him, then quickly put it on passive so that it warps to you. This will pull him off the stairs so that you don't get the "cannot see target" message. After that, you can try and kite him around the room. At key points you will need to interact with computer screens, so watch your energy and be prepared to pop a med pack if needed. I also believe that you can use your out of combat regen when he resets.

Good luck!

Just did this fight last night. He's very bugged in that he can't be targeted from the lower area. What I did was :

1. put companion on passive and go up to him to get agro.

2. drag him back down to the lower area with the monitors.

3. set pet to attack and start dots and shiv.

4. keep hot probes on me at all times and LOS him constantly when interputs were on cooldown.

5. If I had interupts ( includes stun and aoe mez ) then blow those every time he started his long cast.

6. every LOS I would heal myself as he seemed to ignore the pet after the first fight.

Honestly, it took 3 tries as a medic spec but he did eventually fall down and stay down.

Manchu 31 medic operative

Just did this fight last night. He's very bugged in that he can't be targeted from the lower area. What I did was :

1. put companion on passive and go up to him to get agro.

2. drag him back down to the lower area with the monitors.

3. set pet to attack and start dots and shiv.

4. keep hot probes on me at all times and LOS him constantly when interputs were on cooldown.

5. If I had interupts ( includes stun and aoe mez ) then blow those every time he started his long cast.

6. every LOS I would heal myself as he seemed to ignore the pet after the first fight.

Honestly, it took 3 tries as a medic spec but he did eventually fall down and stay down.

Manchu 31 medic operative

Ok so it's not just that I suck I'm so glad!! Thanks for the advice guys I'll tackle him tonight.

I had a horrible time with him due to the bugs. I got a friend to come help and it was easy with two of us. The bugs had much less impact.

You will have to fight him 3 times I think...but he gets easier with each round.

I haven't seen anyone else talk about this fight so I must suck. I'm on a healing spec, and I am fighting Darth Jadus on his ship. I stupidly chose to just outright fight him. I thought he was pretty hard, but I did finally defeat him. However, when you defeat him, he puts up a shield and says "I still live". After hitting a computer screen, Watcher Two says "Hit him now!"

Turns out he resets and you have to fight him all over again! Plus he's harder! Plus there's more computer screens so I potentially have to fight him like 3 or 4 times!!

I know I can respec into damage and maybe have a better shot (which I'm not sure of because I do have much better damage but I can't heal near as well and he can crush my companion in like 3 hits so I kind of need to heal).

Anyone else find this guy to be a pain in the arse or do I just suck?

I actually was expecting to find the part that Jadus is "bugged" in what you were describing, but you just described the multi-phase fight of Jadus. It is not a bug, you have to defeat him 3 times! each time he resets his HP.

I did this quest at 29 being a full healer using stims, with good geared Kaliyo tank.

I know theres an option to not fight him, i had another operative on different server and chose the "side with him" option then at the end canceled it and went with "kick his ***" lol

I admit the fight is tuff, but you and i should be thankful, because this is only one of the few quests that are somewhat challenging.

The key is NOT to send pet and hope to kill him in face to face combat, even with the good geared tank pet.

I would open up with ranged, poison dart him and run way down to the room side computers behind the wall. alternate your pets stances from tank to dps. Dont let pet get hit directly, run away and put pet on passive and make sure to los Jadus, heal up. take the pets taunt off of auto and use it manual, let him come to u. when he does the long channel run away, dot him and los again.

Im not sure what level you are, but for me, at level 29 that fight took me 20+ min and thats the best 20 min of gaming Ive had in this game, because it was a worthy challenge and because i wanted to beat him the moment i met him lol.

GL

Edited by evillime

I had to bring a group.

Heres what you do.

Stand back on the middle platform in the area, send a companion up to get his attention. Put companion on passive. let Jadus come to you. start killing.

I tried this quest for 2 days and i had no choice but to bring a group and I was 2 levels ahead.

I actually was expecting to find the part that Jadus is "bugged" in what you were describing, but you just described the multi-phase fight of Jadus. It is not a bug, you have to defeat him 3 times! each time he resets his HP.

I did this quest at 29 being a full healer using stims, with good geared Kaliyo tank.

I know theres an option to not fight him, i had another operative on different server and chose the "side with him" option then at the end canceled it and went with "kick his ***" lol

I admit the fight is tuff, but you and i should be thankful, because this is only one of the few quests that are somewhat challenging.

The key is NOT to send pet and hope to kill him in face to face combat, even with the good geared tank pet.

I would open up with ranged, poison dart him and run way down to the room side computers behind the wall. alternate your pets stances from tank to dps. Dont let pet get hit directly, run away and put pet on passive and make sure to los Jadus, heal up. take the pets taunt off of auto and use it manual, let him come to u. when he does the long channel run away, dot him and los again.

Im not sure what level you are, but for me, at level 29 that fight took me 20+ min and thats the best 20 min of gaming Ive had in this game, because it was a worthy challenge and because i wanted to beat him the moment i met him lol.

GL

I'm level 32. I know the fight is bugged I could tell with the "cannot see target" messages, but I was talking about how hard he was period.

I don't see how someone else can come with you since it opens an area on your ship map that they won't have...

Edited by CptJackHarkness

I'm level 32. I know the fight is bugged I could tell with the "cannot see target" messages, but I was talking about how hard he was period.

I don't see how someone else can come with you since it opens an area on your ship map that they won't have...

Establish agro on yourself with pet on passive kite to kill area with hot's running using ctrl-1 to sick your pet on him as you drop into the safe area(you might tank him for 10 seconds or so). I hate how companions sometimes go slow mode and you can get a backstab on him.

phase 1 - interput him early before his burst wastes kaliyo or you (Forced to use your stun and interupt), after his initial damage burst in fight 1 he's an easy tank and spank while watching your energy. I also seem to recall needing to cleans kaliyo of a debuff.

other phases also interupt and he aggro transfers easily in one of them or did on me it's best to be at enough range you can control taunt him back to kaliyo. Honestly I found the last 2 phases easier he gets weaker and weaker IMHO. Just don't forget to heal yourself if he does some damage to you as he comes back again and again.

I think he'ld be a tough fight without the bug that forces you to move. Also unlike typical hard fights there is no need to disable kaliyo's aoe.

For sure, it's a rough fight. To deal with the "cannot see target" bug, put Kaliyo on passive, run up to Jadus, and start spamming Debilitate until it sticks. When it does, run away. He'll chase you off the platform, and then you can send Kaliyo in and go to town. Interrupt early and often. Don't forget that you can use flashbang, debilitate, knockbacks, and your regular interrupt to keep him from casting.

As far as bringing friends: just bring them on your ship and then fly the whole group to the location.

For sure, it's a rough fight. To deal with the "cannot see target" bug, put Kaliyo on passive, run up to Jadus, and start spamming Debilitate until it sticks. When it does, run away. He'll chase you off the platform, and then you can send Kaliyo in and go to town. Interrupt early and often. Don't forget that you can use flashbang, debilitate, knockbacks, and your regular interrupt to keep him from casting.

As far as bringing friends: just bring them on your ship and then fly the whole group to the location.

THIS! The bug makes it so the 2nd and 3rd time you have to start the fight with you doing a melee hit not a range and not a companion. Once you do that is is all about interrupts to keep you both alive. You will get it, the bug killed me a few times too before I figured it out.

Yeah as for "how to bring friends", get in a group, and all group members can get into the Imperial Agent phased hangar on the fleet or wherever. Have em climb in your ship and drive em to the Star Destroyer. Just watch your cargo hold so they don't pilfer any of yer stuff. And if you keep Vector nekkid in the cargo hold with a ball gag on (like I do)....you may want to put some clothes on him. ;)

Yeah as for "how to bring friends", get in a group, and all group members can get into the Imperial Agent phased hangar on the fleet or wherever. Have em climb in your ship and drive em to the Star Destroyer. Just watch your cargo hold so they don't pilfer any of yer stuff. And if you keep Vector nekkid in the cargo hold with a ball gag on (like I do)....you may want to put some clothes on him. ;)

Haha nice. So I'm getting the impression that most ppl don't use Vector...I didn't realize the chick was so much better.

Post SPOILER in your title next time for the people that haven't finished chapter 1 yet. It's a pretty big reveal and would really annoy me if I weren't already way past it.

Want me to tell you what happens after chapter 1? Be considerate of other people.

Out of all of the companions I have had through my Smuggler at level 50 and my operative at level 33 I think Kaliyo has the best lines and like someone else said she really has a perfect personality for a Cipher Agents companion. That is one companion that they never let the junior writers do the dialogue....

I am healer specced. My advice is Run, Run and Run :).

Here is what worked for me:

I used Vector, put your hots on yourself and Vector then attack Jadus, run to the lower area where the stairs are, only stopping to fire at Jadus if he attacks Vector. Keep poison dart up at all times. Once you get to the stairs you can actually kite him pretty well. If you do it right you can get him on the close set of stairs and you can be on the far set (if he runs down his stairs run up yours, he usually will reverse and run back up his stairs, keep doing this to keep him on his stairs and you on yours) this continues to break his los and prevents him from casting.

If he ends up runnning at you, run for the next room up and kite him around the monitors and repeat the process by running back to the stairs in the lower area. Repeat this process until you have killed him.

I only used poison dart and auto attack in order to save energy for healing, it was a pretty long fight, but was fun.

Yeah as mentioned earlier be respectful of others and put "SPOILER" in your title.

Having said that might encounter was indeed bugged. I was spec'd into healing as well, and was I believe level 32-33. At first I died because I had the bug bro out, he doesn't tank as well as Kaliyo or w/e her name is, and I didn't have him completely geared. I rez'd and decided just to kill him instead of trying to contain him and successful I was.

Basically I would keep my girl with 2 stacks of our heal over time, making sure to keep my stim pack thing up (the yellow graphic thing that restores energy over time), then keep healing here when needed. I'd stand right behind and backstab when it was up and dot him with the dark if I could spare energy. Make good use of your stuns in clutch situations, use your adrenaline probe and that other 20m cd thing when you need it again. Oh and make sure she is in guard stance.

Once I killed him and interacted with some terminal I had to fight him again, and again. He was bugged where he stood, so I had to jump around spamming my melee attacks to hit him. No real dmg at that point so I got through it after a while.

Good luck, worst case scenario get a few more levels on you and try again.

I must have been lucky or over-leveled when I faced him

I just went into stealth between each fight to break aggro then re-gen'd

I took him out the first time, and each other time he got back up.....don't remember having much difficulty considering he was an end chapter boss.

I was spec'd straight Conceal at the time....it was annoying that my comp just laid on the ground and didnt' fight...but he was burst-able

Edited by Ghamsar

OP.. Thanks for the spoiler... should change the title and add spoiler...

no biggie just thought id share, my mouse hovered over the link so I accidently saw what you wrote. Which I guess would not have mattered what your topic said then lol