Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Theres NOTHING to do now...

Francisab

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is one thing I've learned from EQ and WoW...never rush to endgame. The game is much more enjoyable if you actually take your time to smell the roses, so to speak.

This is the truth amen brother. all i can suggest is get a job or activity and play the game in moderation makes it a whole lot more fun

And a perfect follow up example of only reading what you want. Ironic, no?

People wouldn't believe the game would contain space combat and yet there is space combat in the game and Rich said the truth. I'm not sure I understand why you bring this again?

Edited by Sireene
reply to deleted post

ok name some? there is no point in running Hard mode flash points if u have gear that is better then it.. if u clear both opertions on hard then flash points are a waste of time.. if your totaly geared out in pvp gear there is nothign to do! period. There is no arena , no faction to farm for rare items , no difficult raid to wipe on.. everything is far to simple and done way too fast.

nightmare mode

As much as BW would love it, playing the same worlds on a different toon is not endgame content, nor is it truely different content.

You and your subjective opinion on the matter are both wrong unfortunately.

You have 8 story lines, different faction quests, option to level by doing PvP and space missions only.

The fact that you and the OP rushed through content and are now bored is nobody's concern but your own really.

****, how do you nerds have all the content cleared already? I mean, holy ****, I been playing since release and I'm level 44. I have few alt, but that's it. Get a *********** life.

Pfft you are only lvl 44 I've been playing since launch and have a life and I'm lvl 48. Maybe you need to l2p. If you L2P'd you'd be 47 atleaswt by now

You told them you play dress up with your companions. Their response was very appropriate to yours.

Dress up is not end game content, no matter how much you like to do it.

Then what did I just spend two hours doing? Who are you to tell me what content I should or should not consider as fun at endgame?

Again, I provided a list of 10 things to do outside of raiding. That was ONE thing on that list. If you aren't bothering to gear up your companions then that is your decision. I choose to dress mine up in the best possible gear I can.

My response was... impolite, but the point from my last point holds.

The 10 activities you listed are not objectively difficult, meaningful, or serious time sinks.

To you!

What part of, everybody isn't you is hard to understand?

It was a list of 10 viable things to do outside of raiding. Just because you don't like some of them does not make them vanish from existence. It doesn't mean that others aren't having a jolly good time doing them.

First of all, voice overs do not equal content - Period. It equals a time sink and a weak story that is 100% linear. Good or bad, light or dark -the outcome is the same every time.

We the hardcore DRIVE the MMO genre. MMO companies tend to use 80-20 models for business. That means when 20% of us hit end game 80% of the casuals are not there yet and are busy doing other things. The company uses that to base the speed of content releases to keep the hardcores paying. So we gage the speeds of content release, we also hammer out bugs and issues found and are the reasons patches happen when they do. We are the reason the casual player enjoys his first heroic without issues.

You should be thanking hardcore players lol

LoL Thank you?? Im more tempted to kick you in the butt!!

Seriously i'll tell you what hardcore players really are.

Hardcore players are MMO's killers.

I sincerely believe if hardcore players were not there, the MMO genre will just be better. In short you are spoiling the game for the casual.

You guys are the first to complain on this forum about how SWTOR is bad and theres nothing to do once you reach 50. Want faster travelling etc....

In short you guys are removing all what is magical about this game, like world discoveries lore and artwork by rushing your ways to get the gear first.

So no thanks for you my friend.

People wouldn't believe the game would contain space combat and yet there is space combat in the game and Rich said the truth. I'm not sure I understand why you bring this again?

Of course you don't understand, because you are again selectively hearing(remembering) what you want. What a short memory: because you would bring it up and bludgeon people to death defending those that brought up space sims type combat. Why? Because YOU read what YOU wanted to hear out of that one time one usage of the term "combat." You would shout down anyone who tried to curb your expectations at all like a child with fingers in their ear repeating "space combat! space combat!" ad nausea when people tried to say it was not going to be a space sim that you guys wanted.

Edited by Scar

If there is one thing I've learned from EQ and WoW...never rush to endgame. The game is much more enjoyable if you actually take your time to smell the roses, so to speak.

This... so much this... the people who complain about nothing to do are the ones that have skipped content, leveled through warzones, and didn't leave the house for a week to get max level... Not having anything to do a little after a month that a game is released is no ones fault but your own.

I said this game was gonna have problems when ppl made 50 four days after release but nobody thought it was going to be a problem that leveling was so quick, what do you think now..

What do I think? I think you are wasting board space with this. That is my honest opinion here.

This is not a game problem. This is your problem. You are obviously playing a non race game like its a race and you've exceeded, by a huge margin, the growth of the game.

I further think that if you had done your homework, you would have understood that you would be exactly where you are, waiting for the game and everyone else to catch up.

Bottm line here is that you would not have much success playing a first person shooter as if it were an MMORPG, and you are not going to have much success playing a MMORPG like a first person shooter.

You and your subjective opinion on the matter are both wrong unfortunately.

You have 8 story lines, different faction quests, option to level by doing PvP and space missions only.

The fact that you and the OP rushed through content and are now bored is nobody's concern but your own really.

Leveling by doing space missions? Hah.

So your advice is that this game is good if you dont play it?

Denial.

You said you could post 10 things to do after "clearing everything" and yet you post things that involve clearing content so it can't be valid.

That was not your original question but you go ahead and change the rules to the game you are losing. Nobody here will be surprised by that behavior coming from you.

Your original assertion was that there was nothing to do once you finished end-game raid content. You can rephrase it until the cows come home, you'll still be wrong.

So your lvl 50.. your a battlemaster... and your guild clears both operations on hard mode... other then logging in once a week on patch day to do the only 2 instaces what else is there too do? You can do the daily pvp quests if u want to try your luck at the lottery that is the bag system for gearing up battlemaster gear there F all else to do.

I said this game was gonna have problems when ppl made 50 four days after release but nobody thought it was going to be a problem that leveling was so quick, what do you think now.. 1 month later, and there nothing to do but log on once a week to clear allt he content this game has in 3 hours and wait till next week?

Perhaps if you had a life outside of games, even the slightest bit of time AFK. You might not have already burned through all the content there is to offer. Too much of ANY LEISURELY activity is not good for you, balance your life out a little and you may find that you'll enjoy things more if you do not allow one specific activity to consume your life.

/shrug

To you!

What part of, everybody isn't you is hard to understand?

It was a list of 10 viable things to do outside of raiding. Just because you don't like some of them does not make them vanish from existence. It doesn't mean that others aren't having a jolly good time doing them.

They are not OBJECTIVELY difficult or meaningful.

With many, many other MMO's the endgame content is not something you can pick up and just do, as the list of 10 things you listed are. You cannot say that there is any inherent complexity or need to socialize to do those things.

Again, i pose the same counter example: if i tell you that i enjoy clipping through every NPC in 10 different ways, i have not given you a meaningful list of things to do.

That was not your original question but you go ahead and change the rules to the game you are losing. Nobody here will be surprised by that behavior coming from you.

Your original assertion was that there was nothing to do once you finished end-game raid content. You can rephrase it until the cows come home, you'll still be wrong.

I asked no question, you started:

Ignore the fanboi responses. No, there is nothing to do other than to log in to raid once a week after you have cleared everything.

Really? I can think of no less than 10 other activities you can perform at 50 after you have cleared everything.

Please tell us. The tease is inhuman.

*List*
Edited by Dreossk

So your lvl 50.. your a battlemaster... and your guild clears both operations on hard mode... other then logging in once a week on patch day to do the only 2 instaces what else is there too do? You can do the daily pvp quests if u want to try your luck at the lottery that is the bag system for gearing up battlemaster gear there F all else to do.

I said this game was gonna have problems when ppl made 50 four days after release but nobody thought it was going to be a problem that leveling was so quick, what do you think now.. 1 month later, and there nothing to do but log on once a week to clear allt he content this game has in 3 hours and wait till next week?

Lvl an alt or....wait for it....play something else in the meantime and come back when there's more to do that you like doing. What's hard to understand about that? Your complaint can be boiled down to the following:

"I bought this game to fulfill the need to have a game be my entire life at all times for the foreseeable future and to provide me with a justification and the means for wasting countless hundreds of hours...and, well, it's not working out that way so I have a sad."

Patently ridiculous. Sure, it's $15/month...so cancel. I bet your character never goes away. My WoW toons are still living on the WoW servers after 2+ years of not paying a dime (they'll never delete them in case you come back).

And plz, leveling monsters are the exception, not the rule. "Hardcore" (yes, the quotes denote sarcasm) weirdos with no life always level to max within a couple days release in all of these games, skip tons of content on the way and then have what could only be described as leveler's remorse. Heck, you can go watch video of teams of gamebreaker fools maxing someone to 85 in WoW in something ridiculous like less than a day. Here's a hint: hitting spacebar to level faster is you throwing out content you paid for.

I agree with the negative posters myself. There's a certian expectation gamers have come to expect for $50 + $15 monthly and SWTOR fails to live up to them.

Personally, the $50 portion is the 1-50 game content. I bought the game to be an MMORPG but found this game heavily weighted as an RPG. Way to much instancing and I hit 50 solo in just over 1 week. I wanted to play with others, I tried every day from December 20th to January 2nd when I was on break but no one seemed to be playing the game as an MMO.... Fanbois will defend and deny it but the game falls down in game play even though its a great looking glossy game, its poorly implemented.

For the $15 a month we expect replayable content with expansions both free and paid. To be fair it's only been a month but seriously, there no replayability at 50. The game wasn't complete and there for the base fee for the game feels steep. I unsubbed SWTOR the day after the first monthly fee hit. I keep following the patch notes because it's a game that I want to succeed and one I will come back to once they fix it but I WONT give my money away and sit in game wasting my life doing uninteresting things like gearing companions that play NO MMO role or replaying boring space missions or playing broken poorly designed PvP matches.

I'm not sure they can acutally fix this game in 2012 because the general game dynamic is RPG and not MMO. I never thought I would prefer random quests to story driven quests but this game has taught me that to much story actually inhibits the multplayer aspect of MMOs.

Edited by Soulicide

Then what did I just spend two hours doing? Who are you to tell me what content I should or should not consider as fun at endgame?

Again, I provided a list of 10 things to do outside of raiding. That was ONE thing on that list. If you aren't bothering to gear up your companions then that is your decision. I choose to dress mine up in the best possible gear I can.

Mine are already geared in full PvP gear. Thanks for the concern. If it took you 2 hours to "dress up" your companions, and you call that end game content, this game is perfect for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.