This Game Needs Better and More Species.

rmsanford

Since I brought up different species, I think this game could use at least 2 more species for each side. I've gone through the Star Wars lore and came up with a few that I think would be great in this game. Here is my list of the species and what classes they could be:

Empire:

Faleen - Imp Agent or Bounty Hunter

Ssi-Ruuk - Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter

Devaronian - Warrior or Inquisitor or Imp Agent or Bounty Hunter

Nikto - Trooper or Smuggler

Republic:

Bothan - Trooper or Smuggler

Kel Dor - Knight or Consular

Togruta - Knight or Consular

Shistavanen - Knight or Smuggler

If I could pick 2 from each side, I'd chose Faleen, Devaronian, Bothan, and Shastavanen. I'd like to know what others think. If you know of another that would be better, include it.

the only problem with adding more species is modelling issues. at least with the humanoids, all their bodies are relatively the same except the twi'lek.

They outsource their art to 6 different countries. You WILL NOT see any other player models because of this. For a very long time at least.

Actually, Chris, it was a single thread cut into two parts. I did that because, although similar, they were too different subject matters. One thread was about how bland character creation was, and this one is about adding new species with original variations.

Since I brought up different species, I think this game could use at least 2 more species for each side. I've gone through the Star Wars lore and came up with a few that I think would be great in this game. Here is my list of the species and what classes they could be:

Empire:

Faleen - Imp Agent or Bounty Hunter

Ssi-Ruuk - Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter

Devaronian - Warrior or Inquisitor or Imp Agent or Bounty Hunter

Nikto - Trooper or Smuggler

Republic:

Bothan - Trooper or Smuggler

Kel Dor - Knight or Consular

Togruta - Knight or Consular

Shistavanen - Knight or Smuggler

If I could pick 2 from each side, I'd chose Faleen, Devaronian, Bothan, and Shastavanen. I'd like to know what others think. If you know of another that would be better, include it.

Togruta is a great idea, ashara, yum.

True, but I'd already typed out the message. When I heard about this game, I wanted to resurrect my wookiee from Galaxies (Skoch'on'roks) and play as him. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I think Bothans and Faleen are the two best ideas for new species.

Which ones and what the name of the studios?

"Art has been outsourced to Russia, Estonia and China. Motion capture filming is done in L.A. and Vancouver, Canada, with voices recorded in New York, London and Paris in English, French and German. Quality assurance testing takes place in Romania, Argentina and India, while technical operations are run out of Virginia and the customer service center operates in Ireland. "

I don't have a better link anymore. I lived in Galway and I know for a fact that a lot of the people they hire in Ireland are like "Outsourcing overseers" that communicates with the other CS outsourced to India etc. It is far from streamlined.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/20/star-wars-the-old-republic-the-story-behind-a-galactic-gamble/#/2

Ewoks, Jawas, the unknown Yoda race....to name just a few.

This goes to show where BioWare go their priorities messed up. Instead of spending so much time on voice-acting and cut scenes it would have been a lot smarter to spend that time instead making races like the ones mentioned playable.

It would have added a lot more to this game in the long run than all of their voiced cut scenes did.

It would have added a lot more to this game in the long run than all of their voiced cut scenes did.

Characters repeat the same thing over and over when accepting quests. We got that instead of a playable Jawa race :mad:

Edited by Ekta

"Art has been outsourced to Russia, Estonia and China. Motion capture filming is done in L.A. and Vancouver, Canada, with voices recorded in New York, London and Paris in English, French and German. Quality assurance testing takes place in Romania, Argentina and India, while technical operations are run out of Virginia and the customer service center operates in Ireland. "

I don't have a better link anymore. I lived in Galway and I know for a fact that a lot of the people they hire in Ireland are like "Outsourcing overseers" that communicates with the other CS outsourced to India etc. It is far from streamlined.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/20/star-wars-the-old-republic-the-story-behind-a-galactic-gamble/#/2

Well, this will only hurt the game. No wonder the art in this game is such a freaking mess.