Another 8hr are you serious? They have MASSIVE memory leaks in the server code.

Lorealin

Why do they constantly need to be shutting these servers down?

My guild is loosing players like flies. They are all going back to their old MMOs

You had better get a handle on this fast.

This is completely unacceptable.

Grow up and get your priorities straight. 1/5

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If your guild members are that prone to rage quitting then let them go now before you end up having them rage quit after two attempts at a raid boss. If they cannot handle announced scheduled down time then I don't believe they could handle a raid boss.

Are people really still complaining about SCHEDULED DOWNTIME MAINTENANCE/PATCH TIME? The key word in there is

SCHEDULED.

Not only that, but the servers were back up hours before the end of the period BW stated.

Scheduled downtime for patches and maintenance happen in every MMO......

Gah, I don't even know why I bother. The ones complaining are too dense to comprehend what this means...

Edited by BlownSi

I just read a post from someone complaining that the maintenance was finished early. Are the two OP's related?

By the way, I live in the US and my playtime is early evening until 2-3 am. So yes, maintenance is taking a bite out of my game play as well. Do you know what I do? I go play another game.

The servers are not down every other day...sorrry but no. You are the weakest link...good bye.

Pretty sure the shutdown over last weekend was to address an emergency issue.

All MMOs are down at least once a week. New MMOs are down more than that. Deal with it.

Rift isn't. Maybe an hour every 2 weeks.

Not 32 hours every month.

My guild is loosing players like flies. They are all going back to their old MMOs

Are you seriously upset about scheduled maintenance? And don't blame guild patronage on maintenance. Freaking lulz

Not only is it scheduled and I see when it will be going down EVERY time i log into the game before I click Play but this is nothing new to an MMO....people will never be satisfied its so sad.

If your guild is leaving to go to other MMOs that apparently have NO downtime at all good luck to them and whatever shat game they are playing.

also i under like the above poster people on the EST time do play at 2-3am but not as many who play 10am-1am. That time frame seems to be the most logical since most have school or work and grinding to 2-3am is to late. And if you do have to be up for work at 5am like me and are doing that you have a problem and need to seek some sort of sleeping solution like sex, bj, and pot.;)

Its not about maintenance, its about time. It's sheduled to night for US server.. but also at the same time is it in EU... but in EU is day... so US players sleeps. EU players after school/work want play but they cant because of maintenance. Edited by Shalladan

I absolutely disagree with the op!

Knowing that there is a weekly scheduled maintenance says to me that BW is committed to this game from both the hardware and software perspective. IT is not too much to ask to have a scheduled window for maintenance. On top of that, the servers are almost never down for the whole window.

Rift isn't. Maybe an hour every 2 weeks.

Not 32 hours every month.

That is way i was getting spam emails to sign up for RIFT for a dollar or some cheap as payment to play for like 2 months. that game sucked.

Every MMO should have scheduled maintenance whether it be for an hour or 8. If there is 15 servers and each one requires a cleanup, updates, upgrades, failed drive replacement, raid rebuild ANYTHING it could take a good amount of time.

Stop being noobs, if this is your first MMO welcome to the life of MMO gaming, downtime is part of the game. I remember WOW being down for half a day sometimes so get over yourselves.

Its a NEW GAME people... when are ya'll going to get that through your heads... seriously! It's going to probably be like this for a couple of months... until they finish fixing most of the major bugs its probably going to be like this... so get a life and don't worry about it

The maintance is during the middle of the night -> early morning for most players. Don't really see how this is a gigantic problem. Its a brand new MMO. Calm down.

*knock, knock* it's Europe here, we would like to have a word about your night -> early morning statement.

That is way i was getting spam emails to sign up for RIFT for a dollar or some cheap as payment to play for like 2 months. that game sucked.

Every MMO should have scheduled maintenance whether it be for an hour or 8. If there is 15 servers and each one requires a cleanup, updates, upgrades, failed drive replacement, raid rebuild ANYTHING it could take a good amount of time.

Stop being noobs, if this is your first MMO welcome to the life of MMO gaming, downtime is part of the game. I remember WOW being down for half a day sometimes so get over yourselves.

This.

Rift should not be your argument for improving on a AAA MMO title nowadays. Rift was a decent distraction from WoW at launch and the following content was awful. The makers of Rift are in over their heads and have been begging people to come back since Firelands dropped in WoW. FFS don't ever use Rift to justify your point.

No genius they are down every other day at least 4hrs. That is a fact.

My only time to play is midnight pactime and the servers are down 1/3 days guaranteed.

So i'm getting ripped off!

Bioware this game should never have been released this early. Its trash.

Either you cannot comprehend the idea of SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE which is a necessity in order to fix things, update the game and make it better overall....or you are a TROLL, probably both.

My only time to play is midnight pactime and the servers are down 1/3 days guaranteed.

every other day for 4 hours sin ce launch holy crap You are getting ripped off! I'm sure if they were down every other day for 4 hours I would be seeing more threads on that instead of QQ l2p crowd looking for nerfs of every class but the one they play

Edited by Killomend

You either need a break, or are completely lying. I log in from about 9pm to about 2-4 am most nights, and haven't had any trouble. I heard it went down friday, but i had a girl going down on me on friday, so i couldn't tell you for sure.

I know life may be hard, and the game is the only escape from reality you may get, and you like the game, you enjoy it, you are just mad at something or someone and coming to vent.

You're just mad.

Databases need tuning, updates need to be applied, scripts need to be run etc etc.. It's a server farm, not skynet.

Of course, if you think you can maintain all the servers better, I'm sure BioWare would be more than happy for you to send them your resume outlining your credentials.

Downtime = opportunity to get something else done. :)

Seriosluy..... if the downtime that have been after launch of this game is such a big problem that some people wanna quit the game they should take a good look within themself.

I think these updates/maintenance times are GREAT!

It really demonstrates Bioware's commitment to improving the game and supporting the community.

I think I would be more worried if no maintenance was scheduled...

Plus it give me at least one day a week when I can sleep.

Respectfully,

Sanjuro

They are pure horror if u life in the CET+ zones. My friends are leaving because of maintanance times, who wants to play a MMO 6 days a week while paying for 7?

You either need a break, or are completely lying. I log in from about 9pm to about 2-4 am most nights, and haven't had any trouble. I heard it went down friday, but i had a girl going down on me on friday, so i couldn't tell you for sure.

I know life may be hard, and the game is the only escape from reality you may get, and you like the game, you enjoy it, you are just mad at something or someone and coming to vent.

You're just mad.

hahaha yeah i was uot friday throwing back beers with a few buddies..enjoying the real life cantina and real life adventures. Usually during the week I am on 730pm-12/1am and have never had any issues. I think Saturday it went down around 530pm est so i went and worked out got home around 7 and they were back up. HOLY **** my $15 dollars a month are going to good use when servers are scheduled for maintenance it IS WHAT I AM PAYING FOR ALONG WITH PLAYING THE GAME..mmo noobs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.