Why Does Everyone Only Focus on the Negative Parts of tor?

Allenjzs

From what I've seen the people that hate and /v/tards that hate bioware.

Now Feed back and raving QQ are 2 different things.

I've seen ALOT of good threads pointing out the flaws which get flamed and turn into a flame war.

But alot of the time it's /v/tards with their "tortanic" because they hate bioware

I *HAVE* Heard that /v/ is really up in arms against this game. Really it's pretty pathetic. I hope SWTOR does really well when they get things in order.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hi, I'm Sarah Mclachlan. Every day, Thousands of innocent TOR players are abused, and mistreated by their game. For just fifteen dollars a month, you can help save these players from Bugs, Crashes, and Lack of Content. Just remember, for others..Help comes too late..Here's some pictures of sad gamers."

Way to ruin my Whole night Sarah.

Thats the exact commercial it was even about TOR as you said.

. . . It has a lot of good things going for it like a good loot system. . .

Somebody obviously hasn't been raiding or working for PvP gear. In normal mode raids the game decides who gets gear regardless of if they need it or already have it or someone needs it more. After that we finally get a Master Looter option similar to what other games have but there is no /roll system. There's no trade or vendor buy-back policy. Grinding out 600 warzone commendations so you can go to a vendor to convert half those into mercenary commendations (a completely pointless step added just to make to process more complex) to purchase a bag that may have a piece gear for you but it could be something you already have or something you can't even equip. Unless you've been incredibly lucky with the game's RNG, I fail to see how you can seriously say the game has a good loot system.

Somebody obviously hasn't been raiding or working for PvP gear. In normal mode raids the game decides who gets gear regardless of if they need it or already have it or someone needs it more. After that we finally get a Master Looter option similar to what other games have but there is no /roll system. There's no trade or vendor buy-back policy. Grinding out 600 warzone commendations so you can go to a vendor to convert half those into mercenary commendations (a completely pointless step added just to make to process more complex) to purchase a bag that may have a piece gear for you but it could be something you already have or something you can't even equip. Unless you've been incredibly lucky with the game's RNG, I fail to see how you can seriously say the game has a good loot system.

9/10th of the reason I don't want to hit 50 is that ridiculous gear grind. I think I'm over the treadmill for loot to kill more bosses/players to get better loot to kill more bosses/players so on so on so on. Especially when their art team seems to be from Mars.

It's all part of the experience to me, I have been going for that stuff, and if I get nothing it makes me try harder.

It's all part of the experience to me, I have been going for that stuff, and if I get nothing it makes me try harder.

I'm being hypothetical here. Punch yourself really hard in the face - if you don't pass out, weight train and try again, harder this time. I think that's about how much I dread this RNG bag nonsense.

9/10th of the reason I don't want to hit 50 is that ridiculous gear grind. I think I'm over the treadmill for loot to kill more bosses/players to get better loot to kill more bosses/players so on so on so on. Especially when their art team seems to be from Mars.

Honestly that's what I'm looking forward to.

Hey man more power to you. I've been doing that kind of thing since it was fun for me in EQ1. I really hope you enjoy yourself and that you get the rewards you want from it. It makes me happy to see that there are players who will enjoy Biowares system.

Well, this is my first MMO and I absolutely love it.

I don't mind the loot treadmill. It is a visual representation of the progression of my character. What I don't like is the massive amount of stupid RNG in SWTOR's loot system. Some people get decked out in gear quickly while others raid/PvP for weeks and get nothing.

See, this just doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't matter how hard you try. You could show up and AFk and the game could still choose to give you gear. To me, this RNG based system pretty much destroys the loot treadmill progression system.

For the record, I'm one of those people that are ridiculously lucky with RNG (2 raids and I'm pretty much fully geared) and I HATE the loot system.

Well, this is my first MMO and I absolutely love it.

Awesome man welcome to the Genre. Hope you enjoy yourself for years to come. Do yourself a favor, start reading up on a game called Guild Wars 2. You might find some stuff you like there too. Having new blood to an old and toxic genre is really great to see.

All I see are threads about all of the things people don't like about SWtoR or how they're going to quit it because of a few minor things. I'm tired of all the negativity and discontent toward it and I think there needs to be a thread about all of the good things it has.

No MMO starts out perfect, they could have taken some other games ideas, but I guess some would be complaining that they stole someone's ideas.

It has a lot of good things going for it like a good loot system, a fun leveling system, and fun gameplay. I very much enjoy getting a new piece of armor and looking back at all of the hell I went through to get it be it PvP or Flashpoints.

There are many other things I enjoy such as the contrast between my playstyle as a tank to my friends various playstyles such as DPS or healers and how we complement each others abilities.

There are many other great things about this game, far to many to count, but I was just hopeing to inspire all of you to think a bit more positively than negatively.

Because all the people who're having fun are too busy playing the game. Though I'm here to wait out a damned Death time. **** spawning behind you 20 seconds after you've cleared that location SUCKS.

LOL yep, gear drops is the same issue I have end game. I dont mind putting in time for drops but its pretty poor in this game.

Your leveling up and your always progressing, levels and gear wise, and then BOOOM lvl 50. Everything seems to come to a halt. Im not talking about the level progression, I am talking about character progression, immersion in the different worlds, options for acquiring better stuff, the feeling of being part of the game (wheres this war I am part of).

It is freaking star wars guys, the first sci-fi film i ever saw growing up was "New Hope', its what hooked me into the sci-fi genre. The franchise has history and very supportive fan base.

I loved every movie (even when others thought they were crap). I looked past the issues people were raising because I liked it.

But this game, its missing things. Its missing the star wars feel. They have put alot of stuff in, but most of there importance is void end game, and then you are forced to PvP and grind for no real reason or effort-gain.

I wouldn't care much for the bad gear grind if there were other things to do that still made me feel part of the game, the war.

I'm being hypothetical here. Punch yourself really hard in the face - if you don't pass out, weight train and try again, harder this time. I think that's about how much I dread this RNG bag nonsense.
If loot is why one plays then, ya . . . I could vizualize that. Edited by GalacticKegger

This post is amazing xD

While I don't mind the "treadmill", I *also* have been hesitant to play at all since I hit 49/50 because I know I'm going to have to go pvp to start my gearing up and I simply can't take pvp here seriously. If it was WoW pvp I wouldn't have any problem and I'd just go do it, in fact I'd enjoy it. But this...this is so bad...I can't make myself go do it, so I just hang out on the forums.

The art team comment was very clever :p

LOL yep, gear drops is the same issue I have end game. I dont mind putting in time for drops but its pretty poor in this game.

Your leveling up and your always progressing, levels and gear wise, and then BOOOM lvl 50. Everything seems to come to a halt. Im not talking about the level progression, I am talking about character progression, immersion in the different worlds, options for acquiring better stuff, the feeling of being part of the game (wheres this war I am part of).

It is freaking star wars guys, the first sci-fi film i ever saw growing up was "New Hope', its what hooked me into the sci-fi genre. The franchise has history and very supportive fan base.

I loved every movie (even when others thought they were crap). I looked past the issues people were raising because I liked it.

But this game, its missing things. Its missing the star wars feel. They have put alot of stuff in, but most of there importance is void end game, and then you are forced to PvP and grind for no real reason or effort-gain.

I wouldn't care much for the bad gear grind if there were other things to do that still made me feel part of the game, the war.

Yeah that's kind of what was killing me too. I never really felt "at war" with the Republic. I Know they're our hated enemies, I Know that were supposed to subvert them at every turn, but the way they downplay each sides military capabilities to make you feel more powerful is ridiculous. It was pretty hard to swallow. It's like Malavai Quinn was the ONLY worthwhile imperial officer in the Empire to my Sith Warrior.

The end game - if you're going to have us reach it so quickly (even without spacebaring and playing a moderate ammount) will take you less than a month, and have nothing but an RNG loot treadmill, or a PVE loot treadmill where the gear is oddly out of whack statwise, and the bosses are just bugged to heck?

I wonder man.

This post is amazing xD

While I don't mind the "treadmill", I *also* have been hesitant to play at all since I hit 49/50 because I know I'm going to have to go pvp to start my gearing up and I simply can't take pvp here seriously. If it was WoW pvp I wouldn't have any problem and I'd just go do it, in fact I'd enjoy it. But this...this is so bad...I can't make myself go do it, so I just hang out on the forums.

The art team comment was very clever :p

Dude it's like my Sith Juggernaut is a Ping Pong ball in Warzones. Especially huttball. Numerous occasions I've been knocked back, into a knock back, into a knock back, into a force push. I travel faster that way than by running.

I had my last straw with pvp today, I charged a consular on a bridge in Voidstar, suddenly everything was stars/nebula clouds and I was defeated, then I was defeated again, and then kicked due to being in the safe zone for too long. Stuck did nothing, and the game was making this weird WooooobbbBWAP! Sound out of my headphones, and then it just shut down.

I was like :| Nope.

aww really it was very short, i actually foresaw that people will not reply why bother them with something big then.

but if you insist, its here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=250413

Thanks for the link. You didn't spoiler any story which was good of you, there's not much reason players would reply to that thread but I'm sure they looked and some agreed.

Most of the complaints I've read are flat out wrong, exaggerated or simply not a big deal.

Everybody has different priorities and expectations when it comes to gaming. But to say that other peoples' opinions are wrong is just plain ignorant.

I neither love nor hate this game. It was an okay ride to 50 with pretty terrible endgame content. I picked it up to kill time until Guild Wars 2 came out thinking even if endgame blows (which I assumed would happen since BioWare is new to the genre) I can roll alts to keep me busy. Unfortunately, the linear leveling process makes rolling an alt akin to seeing how many needles I can cram into my eyeball before I pass out.

It will forever be impossible to satisfy everyone. But it seems like the game is unpolished and rushed (even many self-professed fanboys/girls have said that) and that turns off a wider consumer base.

Unfortunately, the linear leveling process makes rolling an alt akin to seeing how many needles I can cram into my eyeball before I pass out.

Try my weight training sucker-punch method. You'll get more muscle mass and look better, despite the lumpy broken face. I'd wager though it's better than needles in the eye. That just sound's awful, at least my idea has an upside.

Dude it's like my Sith Juggernaut is a Ping Pong ball in Warzones. Especially huttball. Numerous occasions I've been knocked back, into a knock back, into a knock back, into a force push. I travel faster that way than by running.

I had my last straw with pvp today, I charged a consular on a bridge in Voidstar, suddenly everything was stars/nebula clouds and I was defeated, then I was defeated again, and then kicked due to being in the safe zone for too long. Stuck did nothing, and the game was making this weird WooooobbbBWAP! Sound out of my headphones, and then it just shut down.

I was like :| Nope.

LOL i know how you feel man.

Im a Marauder and it feels like I am not in control of my character in PvP.

Last night, I got pulled in, then knocked back, and then another guy pulled me back in, stunned, dead. There were others of my team around but just seemed the marauder was the easiest target.

It felt like I was on a roller coaster, actually at the time I mentioned to them it was actually a good combo.